Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Sep 15, 2000, 07:07 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
billharris44
Radeon R300

billharris44 is still being judged by the masses

Crimson Skies is running like a dog on my system--I don't even think it's running in hardware mode. This is the first game I've had any trouble with when using the Radeon. I have a P3-850, and people are saying that even a 400 megahertz machine runs smoothly with other video cards. I'm practically watching a slide show, unfortunately. I am using the latest "official" ATI drivers. Is anyone using the beta drivers and having success with this title?
thanks,
bill
Old Sep 15, 2000, 11:29 PM   #2
blix
Rage3D Veteran

blix is still being judged by the masses

I don't have Crimson Skies yet, is there a demo that I can download and try?

Also, all my games started to get better fps after I loaded the 3063 beta drivers.

[This message has been edited by blix (edited 09-16-2000).]
Old Sep 18, 2000, 12:21 PM   #3
mbwelch

I also have Crimson Skies and a Radeon 64. It runs slowly enough to be unplayable. I put it on a system with a Hercules Prophet II 64 DVI. It runs great.

This is the first game I've had a problem with. Everything else seems to run great. I called Microsoft and ATI. Neither had a solution. The system is running Windows Me and Direct X 7.0a. All seem to check out.

Thanks.

Mike

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 18, 2000, 03:31 PM   #4
blix
Rage3D Veteran

blix is still being judged by the masses

Try a different driver revision and check to see if its a problem with the drivers?
Old Sep 18, 2000, 10:10 PM   #5
Mr. D.

Crimson Skies runs very smoothly on my PIII-550 system (Radeon 64MB ViVo OEM). Using the 3063 drivers. I even left NAV on, still ran smoothly :-)

Mr. D.

Old Sep 19, 2000, 09:57 AM   #6
Yearout

Very smooth and fast here to. Not one problem here.

Old Sep 19, 2000, 03:51 PM   #7
Godfather
Radeon R100

Godfather is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

Smooooooooooooth....
Old Sep 19, 2000, 06:30 PM   #8
mbwelch

I installed the 3063 drivers and the video function is improved significantly, although it still doesn't seem quite as zippy at the Prophet II. Just curious, if it is running smoothly are you running the new drivers? I'm just trying to figure out if it is a problem I created by going to Windows ME. It was interesting, the new drivers also corrected some minor geometric distortion on my monitor. Frustrating, though, that ATI tech support denies the drivers and makes it so hard to correct what should be a simple problem.

Mike

Old Oct 18, 2000, 04:46 PM   #9
Ray Deion

Unhappy

Just got the game, and it is very choppy. Frame rates increased, however, when I disabled USB support in my BIOS. It is still way slower than other games on my system (Halflife, System Shock 2, ReVolt).
750 Athlon Classic, OC to 930
256K RAM
Asus KA7
SB Live
Radeon 64 VIVO, 3063 drivers
Latest VIA drivers
AGP 2X (turbo mode)

Any ideas? I have a hard drive laying around and may try a clean install. The other games, especially ReVolt, are soooo smmoooth, I know it can do better.

BTW, as another data point, I once had a version of Need for Speed installed (forget which one, came with a Gravis joystick, I think it was II) and it too was way slow. I never really tried anything to get it going better, but the Crimson Skies performance reminds me of that.

Old Oct 18, 2000, 06:23 PM   #10
robertirwin

Runs smooth as silk on my 64 meg OEM Radeon with a P3 at 620. All settings to maxxed out except no FSAAA on (which does make it chuggy). Using 3063 drivers. Have you turned vsync off?

Maybe its P3 optimised or something?

Old Oct 18, 2000, 06:32 PM   #11
Baenwort
Radeon R200

Baenwort is still being judged by the masses

I'm runing Crimsion Skies fine on my Computer. It was slow in the menus but not in the game untill recently. The only change that I made was to install a ISA CH Gamecard GC3 for my joystick but that shouldn't have cut the menu load times as much as it did.

AMD Duron OCed to 1Gig w/ Alpha PAL6035 HSF
128mg Rv2 Muskin CAS2 PC133 RAM
ABIT KT7-RAID
IBM Deskstar 20gig
SoundBlaster Live! Platnum
ATi Radeon 64mg Retail VIVO
ISA CH Gamecard GC3

Thats all the really revent Info but I'm useing the latest Special Purpose Drivers from ATi.
Old Oct 18, 2000, 06:40 PM   #12
Homer Simpson
Rage3D Veteran

Homer Simpson is still being judged by the masses

Hmmm.. I'm using 3063 drivers on an Athlon 700 with a Radeon 64 vivo OEM and it runs at about 3 - 5fps , Software mode runs at about 20fps looks like an Amiga Game though, I play it at work on both a TNT2 Ultra, G400 , and it's as smooth as silk. Fortunately I had a couple of v2's laying on my desk so I tottered home with them and now it's at least playable (graphics are washed out though)

------------------
------------------------
"Keyboard not found - Press F1 to continue " ???