Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 19, 2017, 02:28 PM   #7351
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Great progress .nox! You'll get your grip back, or you could use straps. They come in handy for .....older...guys

I need as much stability in my footwear as I can get - what brand are those? I'd like to check them out. Thanks
Adidas Adipower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I’m addicted to preworkout

Watermelon mrhyde is the ****
C4 Watermelon here.

Embrace the face spiders.

I would tongue **** that ass so much, she wouldn't need to wipe it for a week.
-Megaman
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 02:29 PM   #7352
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Thanks .nox!

edit: You know I never knew they made footwear specifically for lifting? Something like these might be just what the doctor ordered...

Vernon Law
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 03:35 PM   #7353
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Thanks .nox!

edit: You know I never knew they made footwear specifically for lifting? Something like these might be just what the doctor ordered...
It definitely trumps any soft soled running shoes that just end up being unstable. It also helps compensating for the lack of ankle mobility most people have to reach proper depth with decent form.

I mostly use them for squats as I don't do the main oly lifts ( clean & jerk, snatch ). They do help being grounded on bench and overhead press though.

What size are you ?

-Megaman
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 20, 2017, 06:41 AM   #7354
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by .nox View Post
It definitely trumps any soft soled running shoes that just end up being unstable. It also helps compensating for the lack of ankle mobility most people have to reach proper depth with decent form.

I mostly use them for squats as I don't do the main oly lifts ( clean & jerk, snatch ). They do help being grounded on bench and overhead press though.

What size are you ?
Size depends on brand for me - I have an old pair of Nikes that are a 10 and a newer pair of Merrills that are 10.5, but still tight. Everything has to be EEE or wider and I have to use custom prosthetics due to no arches and both feet being rather mangled years ago.

I might be wrong, but something like these might have enough support that I can get away from the plastic supports - they're painful and make it hard to keep balance and stability...got to have them though.

Vernon Law
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:28 AM   #7355
.nox
Meh

Quote:
Size depends on brand for me - I have an old pair of Nikes that are a 10 and a newer pair of Merrills that are 10.5, but still tight. Everything has to be EEE or wider and I have to use custom prosthetics due to no arches and both feet being rather mangled years ago.

I might be wrong, but something like these might have enough support that I can get away from the plastic supports - they're painful and make it hard to keep balance and stability...got to have them though.
Check your inbox .

-Megaman
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:51 AM   #7356
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by .nox View Post
Check your inbox .
Clear some room in your inbox!

Vernon Law
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:15 PM   #7357
.nox
Meh

Quote:
Clear some room in your inbox!
I just noticed. My bad

-Megaman
Old Dec 20, 2017, 02:57 PM   #7358
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Thinking of signing up on https://www.healthywage.com/

Promotion, and holidays have made me fat, and lazy again. I've lost probably half the progress I had, if not more. Maybe putting some money down will get my ass back in gear.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 05:53 PM   #7359
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Thinking of signing up on https://www.healthywage.com/

Promotion, and holidays have made me fat, and lazy again. I've lost probably half the progress I had, if not more. Maybe putting some money down will get my ass back in gear.
Getting restarted is hard. Just get up and do a light 10 minute body weight workout every day for a week. Baby steps. You'll get it back.

Vernon Law
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:06 AM   #7360
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

First half decent workout in a couple weeks. Life and injuries holding me back, had to wear my belt tonight for benching because my umbilical hernia was acting up. Still feels like **** right now.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2017, 07:43 PM   #7361
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looking thick, solid and tight ice
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:16 PM   #7362
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

So I went to the gym today, and I'm thankfull I did. Because even through all the miles I've ran in the past.. This was the first time I think I ever expierenced a "runnners high". I'm sure it has something to do with the shock of just full on going again, and legs able to do some work while my body needed to give me something.

I'm actually excited to go back tomorrow and run, and I hated running.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2017, 09:11 AM   #7363
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

I've been avoiding this thread; just a reminder of how old and fat I am (42 and 220lbs) lol. Anyway, I started Stronglifts 5x5 about four weeks ago. Man, my legs are weak Started with just the bar on squats up to 120 now. Slow and steady is good enough for me. Now I need to focus on my diet, which has been bad for years.
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2017, 09:14 AM   #7364
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Luggage View Post
I've been avoiding this thread; just a reminder of how old and fat I am (42 and 220lbs) lol. Anyway, I started Stronglifts 5x5 about four weeks ago. Man, my legs are weak Started with just the bar on squats up to 120 now. Slow and steady is good enough for me. Now I need to focus on my diet, which has been bad for years.
My buddy is 45. 9 months ago I finally got him to start 5x5 and use a calorie tracker. He was 250. Last weekend he hit 179.

Good job getting started

Vernon Law