Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 17, 2019, 07:30 PM   #6061
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Bed liner was sprayed yesterday. Next up is the cover. Going to give the liner a few days to make sure it's fully cured before I drop in the cover.

I went with the BAK Revolver this time around, because the tri fold model's paint kept flaking at the fold seems on the old one.
That's what I have, love it. Easy to remove if need be too.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 01:38 AM   #6062
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am trying to find some nice wheels, but all the rims in this day and age look like a kiddy's transformer fantasy or something.
A million spokes going in all directions like some drunk ass spider was having a bad day when making his pattern , and BLACK ?

Black rims, how is that a thing ?

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 07:08 AM   #6063
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
I am trying to find some nice wheels, but all the rims in this day and age look like a kiddy's transformer fantasy or something.
A million spokes going in all directions like some drunk ass spider was having a bad day when making his pattern , and BLACK ?

Black rims, how is that a thing ?

Your wheels are fine. Just buy some spacers to move the wheels out to match closer to the lines of the car and it will give you a much better look at a fraction of the price.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:47 AM   #6064
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Cleaned the seats and all leather trim of the car with a leather cleaner.

They looked perfectly clean before, however, the microfiber towel came out extremely dirty afterwards, have to do this more often...
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | ASUS ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080 8GB @2063/10010Mhz | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + CM Storm Sirus | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red+ Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | 2 x XFX Radeon R9-290X Black Edition 4GB Crossfire | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:17 AM   #6065
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Installed a new brake master cylinder in the track car last weekend.

Changing oil and doing a general check of the yellow Z today. Half Mile runway drag event is tomorrow and Sunday.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 01:56 AM   #6066
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Your wheels are fine. Just buy some spacers to move the wheels out to match closer to the lines of the car and it will give you a much better look at a fraction of the price.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:19 PM   #6067
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Half Mile airport runway drags today.

Sheared an idler pulley and stud clear off the main bracket on the first pass. Which means the belt got loose, shredded, and slapped everything in the engine bay, and tore up the hood liner before ejecting itself from the car. Which then means I lost the water pump drive, so the car heated up until it boiled the coolant...at which point I had begun getting a grasp on the situation and reached over and switched the ignition off as it started to peg the gauge. Dumped coolant out the overflow for 20ft as I got the car stopped off line.

This is not good. This has been a shitty year for cars.

Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:43 PM   #6068
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

OUCH!

I installed my new bed cover today. Didn't blow anything up. I'll call that a good day.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 07:24 AM   #6069
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dude that’s nuts .. wow
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:55 AM   #6070
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

The joys of a modded car. I'm at the point where I no longer enjoy wrenching so my modding days are pretty much over. Aside from the race car, my cars will be mostly stock.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:05 PM   #6071
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I was washing the new truck this morning, and noticed that the rear door behind the driver now has a ton of bubbles in the paint. WTF! Those weren't there before.

Two of them are pretty big, but there's about 30-40 little small ones.

The paint on that door feels rough compared to the rest of the truck. I haven't clayed it yet, so I didn't think much of it until today. I wonder if they painted that at the dealer after they took delivery? Either way, they're going to be painting it now. I'm beyond pissed right now!

Last edited by Greasy : Sep 22, 2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 02:06 PM   #6072
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Took it up to the dealer and raised hell. Sales manager noticed that it was on the running boards too. It came right off of those.

IT'S ****ING BED LINER!

Thankfully it's coming off without scratching the paint.

Those morons got some of the spray liner in I had them add on the door. Got it all cleaned off, and I'm so glad I put some of that McGuires spray wax with sio2 on it as a stop gap until I could properly detail it after I bought it, or that **** might have bonded to the clear coat.

Last edited by Greasy : Sep 22, 2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 09:42 PM   #6073
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Enjoyed a day of watching the cars battle it out at Day 2 of the 1/2 Mile Airport Drags and visiting with old friends made at the events and made some new ones this trip. A local friend of mine that was racing a couple of his cars out there offered to trailer my car back home. All went well, and it's back in the garage. First order of business is to verify the engine is OK. Going to be pulling plugs soon and scoping out the cylinders for any evidence of coolant. Then bumping the motor to double check things. Basically verifying that the heat didn't do anything to the heads or head gaskets. Then I'll get the bracket fixed with a couple preventative maintenance items along the way, then fire it up. If I see smoke, it means there's a coolant leak somewhere and the head gaskets failed and/or the heads are warped. Means pulling the heads and installing a new gasket, and double check each cylinder while it's opened up. Hoping it doesn't come to that.

I shut down the engine very quickly, so everything should be fine. It pegged the meter quick, but likely because the coolant boiled and flashed the sensor. I do remember it coming down in temp VERY fast, which is a sign that the heads/block didn't actually see 260F+ temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
The joys of a modded car. I'm at the point where I no longer enjoy wrenching so my modding days are pretty much over. Aside from the race car, my cars will be mostly stock.
Yep, that's how the game works. Definitely understand and respect that thought, and have considered it many times myself.

But...I'm not ready to put the wrench down just yet. I'll get it fixed and get back out there.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Sep 22, 2019 at 10:09 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 04:45 PM   #6074
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

OCN, was that the Golf?

On a related note...

I got the new pressure gauge, new diaphragm and spring kit for the regulator. Also found out from tech that the regulator isn't designed to hold a lick of pressure when the pump isn't running... Sigh... I save up, buy the best regulator I can get, and they are like heh, not our problem...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 05:31 PM   #6075
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

No, that was the supercharged yellow ZO6.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:00 PM   #6076
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It's the yellow gift that just keeps on giving eh?

Sigh... guess I'm going to have to give up on stretching the stock ecu. Aeromotive says I need to force the fuel pump to stay on longer/through cranking, because of the regulator and it's leaky ass. *grumble*

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Sep 26, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 04:22 PM   #6077
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My '18 is back at the dealer for the airbag light issue. They called me this morning to tell me that they are replacing an airbag, but they can't get the part yet due to the UAW strike. That's okay though, they gave me a 2.0T Equinox, and it's a hoot. Too much power for its FWD drivetrain, the torque steer is real. It's got the 9 speed auto too, it will easily lose traction from a 25mph roll, gets squirrelly.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 06:41 PM   #6078
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

dear god you've spent more time driving dealer rented cars than you have your own truck. what a nightmare lol

changed spark plugs and changed tranny fluid today with Motul300. Gears are much smoother. I did this mostly for winter where 1/2 gears will be quite crunchy when it's cold.

Condition of plugs @ 50k miles .. pretty bad imo, but not awful:

"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Sep 28, 2019 at 06:46 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2019, 06:58 PM   #6079
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Damn dude, that Colorado has been a royal pain so far. Hope it finally gets all the kinks worked out.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:37 PM   #6080
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Damn dude, that Colorado has been a royal pain so far. Hope it finally gets all the kinks worked out.
I know, and I've even looked into lemon laws here in Texas, but likely don't have a case. First part of the lemon law is if there's an issue that the dealer just can't fix, which doesn't apply here, the dealer has fixed everything. 2nd part is if the vehicle has been in the shop for more than 30 days in the first two years, and mine certainly has, but the stipulation only works if they don't provide you a comparable loaner, which they have, so that time doesn't count. It's ridiculous.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 01:06 PM   #6081
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I would love to see you in one of their real customer commercials.

Old Sep 29, 2019, 09:14 PM   #6082
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Pulled the piggyback tuner from the Golf R (from previous owner) this weekend to see if it'll drive smoother without it. It does. It now runs through the gears smoothly, doesn't buck quite as hard on the downshifts, and gives me power through the turns. I can tell it's a little slower, but it's well worth the trade. If I decide to tune it, I'll do it the right way.

Old Sep 30, 2019, 09:57 AM   #6083
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Pulled the piggyback tuner from the Golf R (from previous owner) this weekend to see if it'll drive smoother without it. It does. It now runs through the gears smoothly, doesn't buck quite as hard on the downshifts, and gives me power through the turns. I can tell it's a little slower, but it's well worth the trade. If I decide to tune it, I'll do it the right way.

Glad to hear that. Hopefully that makes your experience with the car better from here on.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 08:19 PM   #6084
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Proper ECU flashes aren't that hard to get on VW's or has something changed?

I honestly have never been keen on piggy back tuners, because they are just interfering with things, and often cost a lot of vehicle manners for not a lot. IMHO

Heatware
Old Sep 30, 2019, 08:20 PM   #6085
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
dear god you've spent more time driving dealer rented cars than you have your own truck. what a nightmare lol

changed spark plugs and changed tranny fluid today with Motul300. Gears are much smoother. I did this mostly for winter where 1/2 gears will be quite crunchy when it's cold.

Condition of plugs @ 50k miles .. pretty bad imo, but not awful:

Bah those plugs are pretty good looking, could easily go another 50K.

What kind of gas are you running? What kind of oil?

Heatware
Old Sep 30, 2019, 08:22 PM   #6086
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Proper ECU flashes aren't that hard to get on VW's or has something changed?

I honestly have never been keen on piggy back tuners, because they are just interfering with things, and often cost a lot of vehicle manners for not a lot. IMHO
They are easy to get, however, they set a flag in the ECU that when the car is scanned by VW it reports back to VW HQ and lets them know it's tuned. Goodbye engine warranty.

Piggyback tuners can be good too, like JB4, which is a newer version of the JB1 that he removed.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 09:19 PM   #6087
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got the truck back today.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:09 PM   #6088
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Installed an AEM Dry Flow on the RAM today. Next up is exhaust... I'm thinking Borla S-Type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Got the truck back today.
They fix it correctly?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 07:48 AM   #6089
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Installed an AEM Dry Flow on the RAM today. Next up is exhaust... I'm thinking Borla S-Type.

They fix it correctly?
No idea, they replaced an airbag and I think a harness. They've fixed everything so correctly previously, so I'm sure they did on this too.

I hate that I love my truck, if it didn't have these issues it really would be my perfect truck, everything about the way it drives, the comfort, tech, etc is perfect for me. Chevy quality letting it down... Sad thing is, my neighbor got a Silverado shortly after I got my Colorado, and he's had literally no issues with it. Luck of the draw I guess.

Thanks for the reminder, I have an AFE Pro Dry filter to install in my truck today.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 07:20 AM   #6090
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Airbag light came back this morning