Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:38 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Gears 5 has some of the best unreal 4 engine graphics I've ever seen produced in a retail title.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:48 AM   #62
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Gears 5 has some of the best unreal 4 engine graphics I've ever seen produced in a retail title.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:39 PM   #63
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Downloading now on game pass after finishing Blair Witch. Or Blair No Witch I should say.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:03 AM   #64
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Act 3 Chap 2 now. Game keeps on giving. I would be sad when it finishes. I think I will actually play the Escape missions as they seem good ones to waste time on.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 06:28 AM   #65
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Played a few hours with a bud. Seems pretty good so far, runs smooth. Looks like a solid package and they plan to add more maps. Hard to go wrong with the cheap game pass.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 06:54 AM   #66
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
On topic, I’d like to pick up G5 at some point
Not sure if you realise but.. it's FREE if you get gamepass for $2..

I'm amazed by the graphics in this game. It's not the usual polygon or texture graphics that amaze me, but the animations, alphas, and post effects.. it's next gen shiit. Just wow, it's so polished.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 07:19 AM   #67
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I have been meaning to look at the $2 game pass, see what it’s all about. I haven’t been in the loop on the Xbox shizzle...have not had the time to check it out. Break it down for me ...

Else I’ll follow it up tomorrow at work if I find some time.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 07:26 AM   #68
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If you have win10.. look down in your task bar on the left.. click on windows store icon. There you can get gamepass for $2 for 2 months - and dl gears 5.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 07:53 AM   #69
demo
space cadet

I have to say the tutorial sucks ass though. Don't let it put you off - the game proper is fantastic.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:07 AM   #70
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Yeah, gaphics & production values look like something we'd expect to see in a sony first party title. Good for m$ for finally getting this up and running right at the end of the xbone era.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 04:33 PM   #71
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I have been meaning to look at the $2 game pass, see what it’s all about. I haven’t been in the loop on the Xbox shizzle...have not had the time to check it out. Break it down for me ...

Else I’ll follow it up tomorrow at work if I find some time.
The beta program is offering $2 for 2 months now. Regular beta price is $5 but the final price will be $10 I think. (AUD Price is the same)

You get access to a lot of games https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game...es?xr=shellnav
Old Sep 10, 2019, 05:08 PM   #72
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Sounds like a scam.

I’ll have to try it. Issue is now G4 took up all of my HHD space
Old Sep 10, 2019, 05:09 PM   #73
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gfx are very nice and smooth, enjoying so far, getting my £3 for 3 months value here on Game Pass.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 01:38 AM   #74
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hit the last Act. Don’t want this game to end. Was up playing till 1:30 AM coz game like dope.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 02:29 AM   #75
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Hit the last Act. Don’t want this game to end. Was up playing till 1:30 AM coz game like dope.
Doz yo momma kno u talk lik dis?
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:52 AM   #76
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Doz yo momma kno u talk lik dis?
No but yo momma do.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:19 PM   #77
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished it. Was absolutely dope. Too bad they didn’t make a longer story but enhancements compared to GOW4 were really great. I may even indulge in MP. 9/10. Hope there is story DLC.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 02:20 AM   #78
KAC
That postcount though...

Achievements be broken in this game so some might want to hold off from completing it.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:24 AM   #79
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Act 2 is long. Still having fun with it. Shooting out ice from under fools is fun, Torque bow is terrific. Boltok pistol is beautiful.

I'm playing as Del in coop and there are spots where Kait has visions and I don't see anything except Kait walking slowly and groaning. The coop integration reminds me a bit of Dead Space 3 like that (players seeing different things) and it's nice.

I thought Gear 4 was decent but Gears 5 definitely tries to keep things fresh with level design, encounters, and pacing. Still has a lot of predictable moments but there are surprises.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 01:28 PM   #80
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Default ??

I don't get it. I can't see any "next gen" features. Seems like a very, very standard shooter. Graphically, to me, it is unimpressive. It's a basic console game that runs well on PC.

Only reason I played it is XBGP, so since I'm not a fan of the series (only played the first on PC) maybe I'm missing something..
theduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2019, 05:00 PM   #81
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Game looks great on PC, not sure what you are expecting, I have played the One X version as well and hands down this one looks great at 4K insane with the HD textures on PC.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2019, 08:20 PM   #82
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Game looks great on PC, not sure what you are expecting, I have played the One X version as well and hands down this one looks great at 4K insane with the HD textures on PC.
I think its just that its receiving really high praise when the are so many better looking games out there.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:45 AM   #83
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

The praise is for it's aesthetics and game set pieces, not for it's graphics. A lot of people simply confuse the two in conversation and it can be unclear.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:45 PM   #84
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It was good game, though I thought there were 5 Acts for some reason. I was surprised when it ended after the 4th one, which was a short act compared to the previous two.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 01:29 AM   #85
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Finished it. Took me about 12 hrs. Played coop the whole way and my buddy didn't do hardly any of the side areas in the open levels. Overall it was good and probably a fraction better than Gears 4. Shooting is still excellent, couple of good new weapons. I really liked shooting ice out from under fools. Some new enemies that were fun to fight.

But there are a couple of issues with it. Several times it has boss type battles and doesn't let you actually kill the boss (other characters jump in). Some of the end battles were kinda drawn out. I actually missed the horde mode defense parts (there were two in gears 4 and none in 5). Also feel like a lot of times there wasn't really a huge amount of combat. Sometimes you would walk for quite a while without any enemies. The open levels probably could have been half the size to really tighten it. I also wish they had a linear act between 2 and 3.

I also had some bad audio issues. One chapter there was no sound at all. Other times the audio would increase 100x and I had to rip off my headset. I think this is actually a problem with the new windows update but it sucks regardless.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 04:37 AM   #86
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
The praise is for it's aesthetics and game set pieces, not for it's graphics. A lot of people simply confuse the two in conversation and it can be unclear.

I understand what you're saying but at the same time there are some really advanced effects, and HDR looks amazing in this title. At full kilter with everything together, at 4k, it's the best looking game I've seen tbh.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 01:45 PM   #87
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I understand what you're saying but at the same time there are some really advanced effects, and HDR looks amazing in this title. At full kilter with everything together, at 4k, it's the best looking game I've seen tbh.
You need to play more games.

Metro with RTX and no HDR is better, RTX + HDR (does not work right with DSR) is like a full generational leap ahead. So much wow.

AC Odyssey also can make you say wow. Especially the first part of the Atlantis expansion.

Battlefield V with RTX and HDR is substantially better too IMO.

I’ve been playing @4K on what several reviews referred to as the best monitor on the planet and have had 0 wow moments with Gears 5.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 03:58 PM   #88
theduce
Il Duce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
You need to play more games.

Metro with RTX and no HDR is better, RTX + HDR (does not work right with DSR) is like a full generational leap ahead. So much wow.

AC Odyssey also can make you say wow. Especially the first part of the Atlantis expansion.

Battlefield V with RTX and HDR is substantially better too IMO.

I’ve been playing @4K on what several reviews referred to as the best monitor on the planet and have had 0 wow moments with Gears 5.

I reinstalled this based on all the comments. I have to agree with Jim. There is zero "wow". Very basic visually.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 04:05 PM   #89
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It is still pretty impressive that a game that looks like gears 5 is running at 60 fps at 4k-ish on an xb1x.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 02:24 PM   #90
theduce
Il Duce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It is still pretty impressive that a game that looks like gears 5 is running at 60 fps at 4k-ish on an xb1x.

I guess. I haven't played a console game since I bought my first "gaming" PC in 2000, so I don't care what xbox does. I used to watch my kid sometimes, but since I gave him my 4770k build he doesn't play console anymore.

The animations of the enemies in the cave before first boss were just embarrassing. The environments, animations, areas & general appearance of the game are square, blocky, and kinda 2010ish.

I understand lots of folks like the game and more power to them. Not for me in 2019.