Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 1, 2021, 02:37 PM   #661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well if anyone want a different experience...Doom eternal in full Black and White.
I can't take screenshots from Radeon Software because it takes color pictures.The Black and White processing is done in the monitor directly.The pictures are done with a smartphone in a dark room.

Old Mar 1, 2021, 05:01 PM   #662
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

my favourite movie from the 50s
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:41 PM   #663
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

I've done this new pics with a DSLR.I was lazy to go too much way back from the monitor with my 50mm lens.Enjoy

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 2, 2021, 09:09 PM   #664
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why are you playing like this?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:11 PM   #665
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

It's a different way of playing the same game.Add a different atmosphere to the gameplay.
I have an atraction to black and white.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:16 AM   #666
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It looks like poop and I can see pixels from your photo so not even sure what kind of garbage resolution are you playing at.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:54 AM   #667
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

The photo is done with a DSLR in a dark room.Those pixels and reds can't be seen with naked eyes when i look at the monitor.Is because of the external photo camera and how they take picture at a monitor with 60hz refresh rate.The resolution i am playing is 1900x1200 native and 16:10.It looks very good when you look through human eyes.
Il find a way to take a quality print screen.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 07:20 AM   #668
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
It's a different way of playing the same game.Add a different atmosphere to the gameplay.
I have an atraction to black and white.
And that's why we spent all that time listening to you about a monitor with super accurate color reproduction....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 07:24 AM   #669
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
And that's why we spent all that time listening to you about a monitor with super accurate color reproduction....
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 07:29 AM   #670
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Folding@home

I don't see the problem with grey scale Doom Eternal. After all, it's how FPS games all were in the 1930s.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:15 AM   #671
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

before they invented pcs we all played them black & white

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 09:54 AM   #672
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 02:53 PM   #673
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

The printscreen is not working correctly.I used the DSRL again to take the pics.The white balance is a bit off.The picture have more brigtness and contrast in real life.The pixels and reds are strictly seen only with the camera and not with naked eye.For now i have no other method to get a printscreen.I already finished the game once with "flying colors".Now i am just having fun and experimenting.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 3, 2021 at 02:59 PM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:20 PM   #674
KAC
Dirty humans

Yes still looks like garbage.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:37 PM   #675
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

I'm gonna finish it, but I think I made a mistake playing Black Mesa and HL2 Update before this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:40 AM   #676
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yes still looks like garbage.

Until i find a way to print screen and not use a photo camera that's all i can show.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 09:41 AM   #677
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hay guys I turned down my Saturation in Radeon Software to simulate black and white and thought I'd take a picture with my phone.

Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:40 AM   #678
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Oh look craw!!! No pixels!!! SHOCKING!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:06 PM   #679
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Use a spoiler next time badskyes pixels were so huge, nearly sliced my eyes out. And no its not the camera i can actually see your pixels on the monitor, maybe you need to get those human eyes checked out.

Last edited by SirBaron : Mar 4, 2021 at 12:58 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 01:54 PM   #680
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Use a spoiler next time badskyes pixels were so huge, nearly sliced my eyes out. And no its not the camera i can actually see your pixels on the monitor, maybe you need to get those human eyes checked out.
What you are insinuating ?

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 4, 2021 at 02:11 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 02:47 PM   #681
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
What you are insinuating ?
, he's not insinuating, he's telling you.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 02:52 PM   #682
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Literally, his eyeballs are boiled eggs cut in hex shaped segments and he's crawling around on the floor trying to find all of the pieces.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 04:16 PM   #683
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

im even more confused, i see pixels in both sets of photos...
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:00 PM   #684
KAC
Dirty humans

I think we have tried to explain it to him many times but he doesn’t get it.
Let me break it down.

Your monitor is poop
Your camera is poop
Your B&W photo of Doom Eternal is poop

So stop posting poop in this thread rather we can talk about the game.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:03 PM   #685
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

i liked the photos... i think playing it in black and white is interesting..
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:24 PM   #686
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
i liked the photos... i think playing it in black and white is interesting..
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Normalcy
Hey guys, I tried playing Doom Eternal in black and white, and... OMG it's not bad at all. Since I can't post the raw screenshots (they're in color wtf) I've converted them into greyscale because that's infinitely better than posting them from my phone camera, which would have lower fidelity, focus, and you couldn't see the detail of my screen on your screen no matter what I do. But srsly, just play it in black and white and tell me what you think because it's radically different.
is more along the lines of how I think this should have gone.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:34 PM   #687
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

For people that don't know about why i post this pictures and don't follow General Hardware thread i just bought a photography monitor Benq Sw240 monitor that has a Black and white mode built in.

First image taken with AMD Radeon Software overlay.

Same image taken in Black and white with DSLR.Taking the Black and white image in AMD Overlay is not working.It still takes color image because it extracts it from GPU.The monitor itself do the black and white conversion. The image in black and white it would have the same quality and resolution as the first color one if it could have been taken with AMD Overlay.

Same image taken in monitor color mode with the same DSLR

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 4, 2021 at 10:52 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:19 AM   #688
KAC
Dirty humans

Oh dear. My eyes.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:31 AM   #689
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Looks like you just upped the digital vibrancy lololol.

To be honest none of us are gonna be able to tell because we dont have that monitor. Its like taking and hdr screenshot or a picture of hdr on a monitor and expecting us to see what you see lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:33 AM   #690
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Doom 3

This is like eisberg when steam touched him in a bad way and he went on to champion the likes of epic games store. You gais touched badsykes in a bad way and now hes jamming black and white photos of doom into your egg whites. You brought this upon yourselves

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote