Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old May 11, 2007, 12:15 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JameX
Radeon R200

JameX is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation Radeon 2900 Xt For Sale Already!!!

JameX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 01:15 AM   #2
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Old May 11, 2007, 01:55 AM   #3
Kowan
Older than dirt

Kowan is still being judged by the masses

Talking

I'll wait to order, but nice find. I bet people pre-order that one.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 11, 2007, 02:09 AM   #4
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

In my experience pre-ordering can be iffy, plus I'm guessing most people will want to see benchmarks on it first.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 05:18 AM   #5
seeker010
chaotic evil

seeker010 is still being judged by the masses

someone buy one with overnight saturday delivery and do some benchies for us. NOW. chop chop.
Old May 11, 2007, 06:38 AM   #6
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

JameX, I appreciate that you are posting news for Rage3D, but before you continue to do so, you need to read the Rage3D guide to proper news formatting.

Since you have made an identical thread in General ATI Radeon Discussion, I am going to move all the posts in the Submit News thread except for your original one there.

If you would like to make another news post after you have read the formatting instructions, please feel free to do so.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 05:47 PM   #7
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

I want one....now!
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 07:12 PM   #8
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker010 View Post
someone buy one with overnight saturday delivery and do some benchies for us. NOW. chop chop.
I take it you have not been reading the New Official R600 thread? AllexxisF1 is getting his 2900XT tomorrow.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 10:19 PM   #9
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Cable and Adaptors:

VIVO Cable
HDTV Output cable
DVI to VGA Dongle x 2
DVI to HDMI Dongle x 1
Crossfire Cable x 1

Nothing about 6-pin to 8-pin adapter. Maybe it's not needed?
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 11:50 PM   #10
sireric
ATI Guru

sireric is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Nothing about 6-pin to 8-pin adapter. Maybe it's not needed?
No, it's not required. Two 6 pin is required. Only for overclocking is the 8 pin required.
sireric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 08:35 AM   #11
adadk
HD6950 2GB

adadk is still being judged by the masses

adadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 08:55 AM   #12
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adadk View Post
In stock, too. Thanks for the heads-up.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 09:16 AM   #13
adadk
HD6950 2GB

adadk is still being judged by the masses

you're welcome.
adadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 09:17 AM   #14
Mojoe
Radeon HD 7970

Mojoe is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireric View Post
No, it's not required. Two 6 pin is required. Only for overclocking is the 8 pin required.
That will make or break some sales if theres not a 8-pin adapter with the card, my guess on Monday is that there will be some focus on how good the card overclocks, and there are few Psu`s that has a 8Pin Pci-E. Remember that most user that buy a card like that wants to overclock it.
Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 09:29 AM   #15
Dawg
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dawg is still being judged by the masses

Is there some reason to buy this for $399 over the $330 8800GTS 640 MB?

I'm happy to go either ATI or NVDA, but the GTS seems like the better deal right now.

Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 09:32 AM   #16
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Is there some reason to buy this for $399 over the $330 8800GTS 640 MB?

I'm happy to go either ATI or NVDA, but the GTS seems like the better deal right now.
Wait for the benchies and IQ tests on Monday. It looks like the newest drivers give it a significant boost over the GTS. May well be worth the price.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:50 AM   #17
sireric
ATI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
That will make or break some sales if theres not a 8-pin adapter with the card, my guess on Monday is that there will be some focus on how good the card overclocks, and there are few Psu`s that has a 8Pin Pci-E. Remember that most user that buy a card like that wants to overclock it.
There can be no adapter. Either the PSU is 6pin or 8pin -- It makes a difference, as the power rating is different, but the actual number of real wires isn't. The extra two wires just tell you that the PSU is capable of supplying more. You can't convert a 6 pin into an 8 pin because of that.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:57 AM   #18
Mojoe
Radeon HD 7970

Mojoe is still being judged by the masses

No that was not what i ment, but you can convert 2 6-Pins to 1 8-Pin without problems, like i said wery few Psu`s have a 8 Pin but some have 4 6-Pins Psi-E. And i dont think people will change a 700W+ Psu just to get the 8 Pin, that will make the card wery expensive.
Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 11:07 AM   #19
seeker010
chaotic evil

seeker010 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I take it you have not been reading the New Official R600 thread? AllexxisF1 is getting his 2900XT tomorrow.
considering I made my post almost 8 hours before he did... I've got good ESP, but not that good
Old May 12, 2007, 11:09 AM   #20
sireric
ATI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
No that was not what i ment, but you can convert 2 6-Pins to 1 8-Pin without problems, like i said wery few Psu`s have a 8 Pin but some have 4 6-Pins Psi-E. And i dont think people will change a 700W+ Psu just to get the 8 Pin, that will make the card wery expensive.
No, the card will work fine with 6 pins, so no extra expense. If you want to overclock a lot, you need to supply 8 pins; the card needs to be guaranteed the extra power to insure stability.
Old May 12, 2007, 12:59 PM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker010 View Post
considering I made my post almost 8 hours before he did... I've got good ESP, but not that good
I did not realize that, my bad.

+rep for setting me staight.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:59 PM   #22
abdavey
Radeon R420

abdavey is still being judged by the masses

Almost wonder if Ati didn't hold back with better drivers on purpose, and leak reduced functionality ones, so that a certain company didn't have time to react until it was too late.
abdavey is offline   Reply With Quote