Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 23, 2019, 07:32 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce View Post
I guess. I haven't played a console game since I bought my first "gaming" PC in 2000, so I don't care what xbox does. I used to watch my kid sometimes, but since I gave him my 4770k build he doesn't play console anymore.

The animations of the enemies in the cave before first boss were just embarrassing. The environments, animations, areas & general appearance of the game are square, blocky, and kinda 2010ish.

I understand lots of folks like the game and more power to them. Not for me in 2019.
It really makes me miss 3D vision. So yeah, I guess 2010 ish

It looks good and all that but the lighting is just not on par with most games now.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2019, 04:47 AM   #92
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
You need to play more games.

Metro with RTX and no HDR is better, RTX + HDR (does not work right with DSR) is like a full generational leap ahead. So much wow.

AC Odyssey also can make you say wow. Especially the first part of the Atlantis expansion.

Battlefield V with RTX and HDR is substantially better too IMO.

I’ve been playing @4K on what several reviews referred to as the best monitor on the planet and have had 0 wow moments with Gears 5.
Yeh Metro is great but personally thought BFV is far behind Gears 5. I honestly haven't played AC.

Whatever, I think it's one of the best games I've seen so ner.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 06:33 PM   #93
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce View Post
I guess. I haven't played a console game since I bought my first "gaming" PC in 2000, so I don't care what xbox does. I used to watch my kid sometimes, but since I gave him my 4770k build he doesn't play console anymore.

The animations of the enemies in the cave before first boss were just embarrassing. The environments, animations, areas & general appearance of the game are square, blocky, and kinda 2010ish.

I understand lots of folks like the game and more power to them. Not for me in 2019.
Your opinion, but no. Only mentioned what Xbox does because you mentioned it. Far better looking on PC then Xbox One X. Just a fact.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 24, 2019, 06:34 PM   #94
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yeh Metro is great but personally thought BFV is far behind Gears 5. I honestly haven't played AC.

Whatever, I think it's one of the best games I've seen so ner.
Looks great and performs great, something metro at 4k does not.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2019, 04:38 AM   #95
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got to Act II and a boss fight which you had to shoot in the back after freezing etc., spent too many attempts trying to beat it and have given up and uninstalled, pos point really as it felt like when I got his health down to a certain point it just turned your screen red so you couldnt see it then just focussed on you and jumped and crushed you each time. Rage quite / uninstall.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 08:47 AM   #96
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Got to Act II and a boss fight which you had to shoot in the back after freezing etc., spent too many attempts trying to beat it and have given up and uninstalled, pos point really as it felt like when I got his health down to a certain point it just turned your screen red so you couldnt see it then just focussed on you and jumped and crushed you each time. Rage quite / uninstall.
I almost did the same thing....

The secret is to break the ice underneath the boss as it's coming towards you. It will freeze and give you the time to shoot him in the back.

Lame but after a few tries I beat it.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote