Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:09 PM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hardware Unboxed is the best at these types of videos. Definitely helped me out too
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 03:45 PM   #452
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Currently I'm getting sporadic crashes doing random stuff around Valentine and I'm confused about this vulkan/dx12 business - my GPU is a GTX 980Ti, my game defaults to Vulkan API, and I have no amdvlk64.dll in my Windows\System32 folder. What gives?

Also, if I switch the API to DX12 and restart the game, it won't even launch. I guess this is because my GPU does not support dx12 at all? In which case shouldn't I at least have the DLL file where other folks using the Vulkan API have it?

Really confusing...
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 04:18 PM   #453
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Currently I'm getting sporadic crashes doing random stuff around Valentine and I'm confused about this vulkan/dx12 business - my GPU is a GTX 980Ti, my game defaults to Vulkan API, and I have no amdvlk64.dll in my Windows\System32 folder. What gives?

Also, if I switch the API to DX12 and restart the game, it won't even launch. I guess this is because my GPU does not support dx12 at all? In which case shouldn't I at least have the DLL file where other folks using the Vulkan API have it?

Really confusing...
Why would you have amdvlk64.dll? You don't even use a AMD card

Also all GTX 9xx cards support DX12...

Tried updating to the latest Nvidia driver?

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 12, 2019, 04:36 PM   #454
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Why would you have amdvlk64.dll? You don't even use a AMD card

Also all GTX 9xx cards support DX12...

Tried updating to the latest Nvidia driver?
Well some folks on reddit are recommending to delete this file from windows\system32 as a general fix for the crashes. Also, the game does install a Vulkan redistributable (via RedDeadRedemption2\Redistributables\VulkanRT-1.1.108.0-Installer.exe), so I thought the dll was supposed to be a part of that.

Yes I do have the latest nvidia driver.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 08:37 PM   #455
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post

New NV driver has a couple of fixes for anyone experiencing the following: wink wink nudge nudge

[Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan][Maxwell GPUs]: Geometry corruption occurs on some Maxwell GPUs. [2744709]

[Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: G-SYNC disengages when disabling V-Sync on the game. [2740479]
Old Nov 12, 2019, 09:56 PM   #456
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
New NV driver has a couple of fixes for anyone experiencing the following: wink wink nudge nudge

[Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan][Maxwell GPUs]: Geometry corruption occurs on some Maxwell GPUs. [2744709]

[Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: G-SYNC disengages when disabling V-Sync on the game. [2740479]
What does that have to do with his quote?

I'm getting random crashes too and I'm on a 2080Ti / DX12. I can use Vulcan but the sharpening tool doesn't work to offset TAA blurriness.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:00 PM   #457
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

He is using a Maxwell GPU and Vulkan.

It may or may not help him, sounds unrelated though, but worth a shot? There are fixes that don't sound related but generally they tend to fix problems with issues that appear to be driver related.

Also , I'm not sure if Vulkan updates are exclusive to downloading them from here:

https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/

But you can also give those a try.

Last edited by Megaman : Nov 12, 2019 at 10:10 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:26 PM   #458
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

This game is such a time sink. I've done 2 story missions and got around 16 hours of playtime. Enjoying it a lot, probably gonna finish it by the time Cyperpunk comes out
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:01 PM   #459
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
This game is such a time sink. I've done 2 story missions and got around 16 hours of playtime. Enjoying it a lot, probably gonna finish it by the time Cyperpunk comes out
Game like dope.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:02 PM   #460
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Game like dope.
What settings you running at? What FPS you getting?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:21 PM   #461
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I went back to everything ultra since the only time I got sub 50fps was in the bench. I really wish there was something better than TAA, fxaa and smaa just don't really do anything in this game. 8xmsaaa looks pretty godlike though at 20 fps
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:29 PM   #462
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Well I cant seem to do any bounty missions, they all crash whenever I ride back into town.

Guess it's back to Outer Worlds for a little bit.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 06:49 AM   #463
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I went back to everything ultra since the only time I got sub 50fps was in the bench. I really wish there was something better than TAA, fxaa and smaa just don't really do anything in this game. 8xmsaaa looks pretty godlike though at 20 fps
TAA is awesome in motion IMHO. So clean. Even MSAA looks shimmery in comparison.

I don't know if it works with RD2, but perhaps add reshade sharpening filter? I do that in a bunch of other games with TAA and it looks great.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 08:26 AM   #464
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Only had one crash so far. Forgot what I was doing, but when I reloaded and did it again, it was fine.

I got really pissed with the controls when trying to rob the doctor in Valentine. The animation for picking up the new revolver from the case can't be canceled, so you have to wait about 5-7 seconsd before you can move again. By then the po-po have almost arrived. I couldn't run until I got out of the building either. Stupid. Also, just like with GTA5, when you reload again you are not in the same spot where you saved. Seems kinda random where you start.

Minor gripes. So much goodness in this game.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 08:41 AM   #465
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I haven't been sucked into a single player game like this in years because of my multiplayer ADHD.. but yeh, this is one game I can kick back with a beer and really get into, it's fantastic. I suppose it's like GTA5 with everything turned to 11. Or 20. It seriously kicks ass on another level.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 09:53 AM   #466
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Don't know why people are complaining about TAA in this game. It may blur things slightly (which can be offset) but it removes all jaggies. I get zero, zilch, nada. I wish more games had AA this good.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:39 AM   #467
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
TAA is awesome in motion IMHO. So clean. Even MSAA looks shimmery in comparison.

I don't know if it works with RD2, but perhaps add reshade sharpening filter? I do that in a bunch of other games with TAA and it looks great.
I would add sharpening but the game under dx12 locks up for me from time to time so I'm under vulkan so not supported for RDR2 just yet.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:33 PM   #468
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
What settings you running at? What FPS you getting?
X1X bitch pumping doggy style mega graphics quality.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:37 PM   #469
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
X1X bitch pumping doggy style mega graphics quality.
At 144 FPS of course.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:45 PM   #470
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Just an incredible game. I've about 20 hours in and just saw the first storm "rolling in".
it was superb. Beyond beautiful and the best weather effects I've seen. I won't play console so I had to wait. The worst thing about the game is rockstars way to save. I want to save where I want and load there when I die.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:54 PM   #471
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

TAA looks great and has minimal performance impact, especially since I have to run 1080p for acceptable performance...
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 01:13 PM   #472
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
At 144 FPS of course.
And lower than low settings
Old Nov 13, 2019, 02:51 PM   #473
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
And lower than low settings
I’m glad I didn’t play all the way through this on OneX because now I get to enjoy it on PC with a 2080ti and X27 but watching some comparisons, the OneX doesn’t look to be that far behind for the world and sometimes even looked more realistic due to the fog. The primary characters do look substantially better on PC though.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 06:27 PM   #474
Megaman
Packing heat!

A patch to resolve stuttering issues is coming out today.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 06:46 PM   #475
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
A patch to resolve stuttering issues is coming out today.
Nice! Does this mean I didnt have to move the game to my SSD to reduce stutters?
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 06:53 PM   #476
Megaman
Packing heat!

Possibly.

Quote:
"We will be rolling out an update to the game today which will address the stuttering issue alongside a host of other fixes. However, we are still currently working together with Nvidia to completely resolve the stuttering issue in a future update, and it may take us up to a few days to properly test everything and ensure the next update completely solves the problem."
Old Nov 14, 2019, 01:51 AM   #477
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Here's the results of HUB's min-max settings since their part 2 came out. I basically set mine to the same and it's running excellent.

Edit: Tree Tessellation set to off, it's a new setting in the patch.

Bonus pic:

Nobody is getting through my sawed off's with slugs.

Last edited by eNforcer : Nov 14, 2019 at 02:54 AM.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 09:00 AM   #478
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I tried HUB settings at native 3840x2160 and noticed an immediate downgrade in visuals. Might have to do with the lighting, grass and tree detail, and volumetric settings. The game ran great though, pretty much locked at 60fps.

For me running everything at High with a mix of Ultra and then using resolution scaling/sharpening gives me better than HUB visuals with the same performance.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:39 AM   #479
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im afraid I dont think I can run this game at high with my aging PC at 1440 Ultrawide. I havent checked if anyone has done benchmarks for a 1080ti an d that resolution yet but I suspect a 1080ti wont cut it for high.

Speaking of the game though, its a masterpiece. Im glad that they brought it to the PC so PC only people can see how great the game is. I probably put 200+ hours into the game on PS4.

I will definitely buy it at some point the support R* on bringing it to the PC.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:23 AM   #480
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I havent checked if anyone has done benchmarks for a 1080ti an d that resolution yet but I suspect a 1080ti wont cut it for high.
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._review,6.html
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote