Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:37 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Would be WoW a long time ago.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2022, 02:16 PM   #32
John C Flett
Veteran of Psychic Wars

John C Flett knows why the caged bird singsJohn C Flett knows why the caged bird singsJohn C Flett knows why the caged bird singsJohn C Flett knows why the caged bird singsJohn C Flett knows why the caged bird sings

Looking through this thread it's easy to see why I finish so many more games than any of you. It's cause you never stop playing your favourites. I am astonished and seriously impressed at the time some of you have logged on these titles.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2022, 02:25 PM   #33
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Of the ones I've put over 100 hours:

1921 hrs - Torchlight 2
605 hrs - Civilization 5
280 hrs - Homeworld Deserts of Kharak
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 23, 2022, 04:56 PM   #34
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Sounds like a lot, but I've been playing it as my primary game for about 11 years or so. And I'm probably 'casual' in that game. It's really something else, when there's only one 'isometric Diablo style" online-ARPG out there to play. GGG have zero competition after Blizz sheet the bed with D3.
Indies have been trying to fill the gap since all the tripleA devs abandoned the genre, but they are understaffed and have lower budgets to work with so its a slow process.
Jesus, do you really have 600 days? How? Are you sure it's not just the client being on? Because wow I could never see myself with 600+ days on a game like that. That's just impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Drexion has over 600 days in poe alone. As well as over 400 in cs and other stuff. Git Gud Scrub
Yeah I just saw that after you posted this, crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2022, 05:05 PM   #35
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have put thousands of hours each into MoH:AA, DoDS, COD:MW(OG), BC2 and BF3.Various Total Wars have 300-500 hours each.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 05:28 PM   #36
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Stalker SOC ~1k hours, plus all the mods who knows really.
Counter-Strike 1.5 ~2k hours
Elite Dangerous 2k hours
BF4 2.5k hours
PUBG 3k hours
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2022, 07:00 PM   #37
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Counter-Strike
Call of Duty - Warzone

Hundreds of hours in each.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2022, 07:06 PM   #38
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Forged alliance. I had 2500 games on GPG and another 3000 on FAF.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 07:51 PM   #39
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

from my entire gaming career, here is what I remember...

Excite bike, Soccer and Tanks on NES when I was a kid

then what, I don't remember lol, maybe TMNT on SNES, ISS Deluxe maybe, and then Final Fight series?... I forget it.

on the pc, in the 90s.. Jane's Combat Simulations games, Wing Commander series, Strike Commander, Warcraft series, and Syndicate +...

I played Winning Eleven/PES series from Winning Eleven 3 on PS1 to PES 2011 on PC, that was like what... a little over 10 years playing the same annual game series? I switched over to FIFA with FIFA 18 and then 20 but I'm now completely done with football games....

speaking about football games, I also played Championship Manager since it's 3rd iteration up until the original dev switched over to Football Manager, I played the first few games in FM era before being done with it.

Total War series is another series I played a lot in the past starting since the first ever game up until Medieval 2, I played Medieval 2 the most due to the mods available, getting as far as up in the 2010s I replayed Medieval 2 again with the striving mods back then, I basically couldn't get into TW again since Empire, I hate the gunpowder era, and I loathe the fantasy TW games, also couldn't get into modern TW games like Shogun 2, Rome 2 or even 3 Kingdoms because I couldn't get into the modern UI style that they use.

the X3 series is another games I played a lot, beginning with X3 Reunion right up to X3 Albion Prelude, and of course with mods at that time, and again like with many of the games I mentioned before, I just couldn't get into the newer iteration of the games that I enjoyed in the past, this time I couldn't get into X4, and I also loathed the X Rebirth.

then there's Elite Dangerous, I played the game since 2015 and clocked up close to 1000 hours by now but sadly I've not played it a lot since 2021, the latest expansion is underwhelming and overall the game just run out of steam in the last few years.. ED is the only MMO ish game I actually played in all of my gaming career...

in the past 3 years though, I've been playing Roguetech mod for Battletech the most, clocking over 2500 hours today and still continuing...

somewhere along in that timeline I also played a lot tactical action games, from the first few RB6 games, SWAT 4, Splinter Cell and the likes, it's sad how they are gone now although I know apparently ubisoft is remaking Splinter Cell but I wouldn't hold my breath...

and in the last 5 years I've played more indie - AA games than AAA games, the last AAA games I actually played and enjoyed somewhat is Cyberpunk, that was definitely a downer and didn't live up to the hype...

in the future I may finally get into DCS... lol... depending if I can afford the time commitment and equipment for it, for a long time I really wanted to get into modern (as in modern games, not replaying the 90s games) military aviation sim world but yeah it's too consuming, so I Keep backing away from it.

that's basically it, the games and genres I've played the most.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 02:12 AM   #40
ugly
Radeon R700

ugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

NES days probably would be Final Fantasy

SNES probably would be Final Fantasy 3 (VI)

Early PC days would be Daggerfall.

There was a long Diablo 2 phase.

For the Steam data:
TF2 - 1,017 hrs
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - 369 hrs
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - 204 hrs

TF2 and DAO were during an extended unemployed phase. I didn't even care for DAO all that much.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 09:09 AM   #41
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm not really one that plays the same game for too long. Don't play all that much MP, and certainly do not stick to one game very long when I do.

Back in the old days probably put the most time into the Unreal Tournament series. UT'99 and UT2k4 mainly. Could possibly be multiple thousands of hours. Then for single player I used to put in a ton of time into replaying the original Interplay Fallout games over and over. They were my favorite games for a long time. But of course that was before Steam and game time logs so who knows how much actual time.

Also no telling how long I have played some retro games for. Games like the Super Mario Bros series, Legend of Zelda, Contra, Castlevanias, etc. All of these I have played over and over tons of times going on over 3 decades now. I can only imagine how many hours that adds up to.

For more modern games, my highest play times would be:

From Software's Souls series - probably well over 1000 hours total for all.
Nioh 1 & 2 - close to 300 hours between both games.
Witcher 3 - maybe 200 hours including all expansions.
Fallout New Vegas - maybe 150 hours or so.
Death Stranding - Maybe 130 hours or so.
Metal Gear Solid V - Maybe 130 hours or so.

That's probably the highest time logged for modern PC games that I put the most into. I generally finish one playthrough of single player games that aren't too long and move onto something new.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Jan 24, 2022 at 10:46 AM.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:35 AM   #42
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Something close to 750 hours with Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

2nd place: Battlefield 2 with 454 hours (logged by Xfire)

EDIT: 2.5 place: Witcher 3 with 177 hours (tracked by GOG Galaxy).

3rd place: Skyrim with 160 hours.

4th place: Trackmania with 144 hours. Though if you lumped all Trackmania games together it adds up to about 372 hours as of 2007. Probably another hundred since then with ManiaPlanet, Tracmania 2, Turbo, etc.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:01 AM   #43
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly View Post
NES days probably would be Final Fantasy
Have you hit up the Final Fantasy Randomizer? It's been my go-to phone game this year.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:55 AM   #44
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion (mostly modded play). Over 1000 hours (can't remember exactly).

League of legends is probably the most overall, but I have no way to check how many hours I've spent on that game so I'm not sure. The page that used to work for checking your time spent in it hasn't worked in a long time.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Jan 24, 2022 at 12:07 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:58 PM   #45
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion (mostly modded play). Over 1000 hours (can't remember exactly).

League of legends is probably the most overall, but I have no way to check how many hours I've spent on that game so I'm not sure. The page that used to work for checking your time spent in it hasn't worked in a long time.
oh **** yeah, lol. I didnt think of that. The amount of time i spent in that game before i quit was... too much.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 01:17 PM   #46
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Witcher 3 with DLCs and it's not even close.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 02:22 PM   #47
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

WoW
Diablo 3
Star Wars the old Republic
Elite: Dangerous

And that's just in the past 10 years. When I was young probably Dungeon Master, NeverWinter Nights, Starglider 2

Last edited by Dengin : Jan 24, 2022 at 02:28 PM.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 05:07 PM   #48
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Definitely Destiny 2. 875 hours on Steam, and who knows when it was on battle.net. Easily close to 2000 hours.
Desitny 2 2690 hr's just from oct 2019 alone lol

But overall?

All the battlefields and quite possibly counterstrike source i have to have had 5K hours in it at least.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 07:44 PM   #49
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I have put thousands of hours each into MoH:AA, DoDS, COD:MW(OG), BC2 and BF3. Various Total Wars have 300-500 hours each.
Thinking about it a little more, have also put thousands of hours into COD&UO, RTCW, CS, Stalker, Sins of a Solar Empire, AOE2, Hell Let Loose, BF1, and a few hundred hours into Skyrim and Oblivion. A lot of these hours were before Steam starting tracking playtime.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 01:56 AM   #50
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Pre-steam I put a ton of time into these games, but I have no idea which one had the most

Diablo 2
Descent 3 MP
Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
Morrowind
Gothic 2
Dungeon Siege
Neverwinter Nights

In the console days

Super Mario World
Zelda
Slayer (3DO)
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote