Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 20, 2021, 01:45 PM   #901
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think I will just build one. I completed delivery 61 and just fought two lions and BB is now in shock. Need to get that kid fixed and finish this game.
Nice. I pissed those two off too. The mountains are tough. Use the map to draw a route because the visibility is so bad you could end up lost. Otherwise you could fall off a cliff. If you want to avoid the boss battles with no BB, just crouch and walk slowly, when Sam senses BT you get prompted to hold breath, hold breath and keep going until you can wack an umbilical cord.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 01:48 PM   #902
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Finishing this game. Cutscene too long.
Wow! You really grinded the last part fast. There are actually multiple “endings” and lots of cut scenes. Did you fight a whale and go to Vietnam yet? If not, you got a lot more endings to go.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 02:25 PM   #903
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes I finished delivery 70. Now watching credits because apparently there is one more post credits. For past 3 hours I am doing ending.

Also at the end I knew all the routes to avoid the gays. Plus I built some amazing zip lines and roads to use. So BTs were after me and I was like here is my LVL 3 long range truck bitches. Try to catch me lol.

Last part has me confused af though.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 20, 2021, 02:47 PM   #904
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I did a brief search online, but didn't come up with anything concrete.

Does this game support SLI or mullti-GPU?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 04:00 PM   #905
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Finishing this game. Cutscene too long.
All the cutscenes are on youtube..

When it is getting too late in the evening and I don't know how long a cutscene will be, I will often just skip out of it and save + exit the game. The next day I will watch the cutscene[s] I missed on youtube.. that way I don't need to leave the game running all the time or feel like I have to sit around until the cinematics end.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 04:14 PM   #906
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am still goofing around in the mountains. Close to the end. But, I haven't crossed over the tar yet.

lol.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 09:48 PM   #907
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well here is my spoiler free review of the game. Overall, I gave it a 9/10. It is rarely that a game engages me that I spend 35 hours 20 mins to finish it fast in a month. This game did almost everything right except some of the story exposition.

The story is well done and even with tons of cheese thrown around made sense. It had sufficient twists and turns. I did feel that there is something wrong with key characters and had a good hunch on who was good or bad. However, the deeper story was told nicely. I quite enjoyed it. It could definitely pass along as a B rated sci fi.

The gameplay was where the game really shined. There were ample opportunities to play as you like and the online component was solid. The amount of times I used people’s trucks/bikes etc. to get from one place to another was solid. I also completed a lot of zip lines. I indulged in building roads and laying down paths that I saw people use later on. Just felt like you were really contributing to other people’s games. I did not do deliveries for others as I wanted to get over with the game but I did indulge in bot based deliveries especially if I had laid down a path. I also indulged in carrying stuff around if I was going a certain way. The game has sufficient things to do. However, I never felt that the map was big enough. That was both a good and bad thing. It really took me out that I could go from one edge of America to the other in less than 30 minutes. However, map design itself was good.

The other aspect of gameplay was MULEs and BTs. I did not like that I couldn’t just shoot MULEs in the face. I didn’t kill a single one as I didn’t want the hassle of incinerator nonsense. BTs were great though. Being able to cut the cord was really funny to me. I was going around cutting cords like a maniac lol. When I did get caught the fight was satisfying. Loved the part where other player items would show up to help. Most boss fights were really fun though also really easy.

The building is what I really enjoyed the most. I think I built maybe 3 generators and 3 safe houses but rest of the time I invested in building roads and zip lines. Didn’t really care for post boxes or watch towers. Also I think I just built the first bridge that I was asked to build but then nothing else. Towards the end I also started claiming materials from all places and just hauled them in my truck to build as many roads as I can.

Cutscenes is the final comment on this game. Whilst I do enjoy a good cutscene I especially hated the end. The running around to get the next cutscene really threw my positive vibes for the game. It was quite unnecessary and not sure I have patience for this crap. The ending could’ve easily been 45 minutes shorter without the filler nonsense.

Overall I do recommend this game. It is a great open world sandbox. Could’ve used some better pacing and some less cheese but otherwise worth boning.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:25 AM   #908
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Good write-up. I'd give it a 9 as well. Was a pleasant surprise for me after youtube vids looked boring as hell.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 01:10 AM   #909
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am spending even more time on my 2nd play through than my first. There are a ton of different routes, prepper outposts, and locations that I totally missed my first playthrough. Plus, by playing around maxing out deliveries your chiral network bandwidth gets so large that you can build a mammoth zip line network. I must have dropped 30-40 posts and can pretty much traverse the whole map in minutes. I didn't build a lot of bridges either. But, mainly because someone else already had one built in all the locations that needed them. I crossed the tar so am about to be into the 90 minutes of cut scene ending. I may have to wait until next weekend as you need a few dedicated hours. Looking forward to punching Higgs in the face.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 01:13 AM   #910
KAC

It’s 3 hours+ after that. And believe me I rushed. For a normal pleb it would be about 5-7 hours easy.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 01:20 PM   #911
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It’s 3 hours+ after that. And believe me I rushed. For a normal pleb it would be about 5-7 hours easy.
I know. I’ll plan the whole afternoon next weekend to experience. I felt rushed the first time too. This time I want to soak it in.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 02:30 AM   #912
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
If you are still confused on the ending, this video explains the whole thing pretty well.

Old Feb 22, 2021, 09:45 AM   #913
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Started Chap 3...... ran out of ammo for stun gun and no way to make ammo, sleep refills it?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2021, 09:54 AM   #914
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Cutscenes is the final comment on this game. Whilst I do enjoy a good cutscene I especially hated the end. The running around to get the next cutscene really threw my positive vibes for the game. It was quite unnecessary and not sure I have patience for this crap. The ending could’ve easily been 45 minutes shorter without the filler nonsense.
Yeah I do know the part you're talking about and I somewhat agree. I can see how it got to be a little too much making you run around on that beach for so long to trigger the cutscenes. Especially for someone who was just trying to finish the game and move on. For me personally I was 100% invested and immersed in the feel and enjoyment of the story so it didn't bother me too much. It was interesting to me to try and decipher what Kojima was going for there, to make the player have the feeling of being stranded on Amelie's beach. Maybe they could have implemented a way to skip that but I can understand how they would have not wanted to cheapen the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I am spending even more time on my 2nd play through than my first. There are a ton of different routes, prepper outposts, and locations that I totally missed my first playthrough. Plus, by playing around maxing out deliveries your chiral network bandwidth gets so large that you can build a mammoth zip line network. I must have dropped 30-40 posts and can pretty much traverse the whole map in minutes. I didn't build a lot of bridges either. But, mainly because someone else already had one built in all the locations that needed them. I crossed the tar so am about to be into the 90 minutes of cut scene ending. I may have to wait until next weekend as you need a few dedicated hours. Looking forward to punching Higgs in the face.
Oh I got totally sucked in with my first playthrough and nearly went full completionist. Did not want to rush it. Other than just completing the story missions, the meta game of maxing out deliveries, finding all prepper locations and 5 starring them, and building out all the roads and a zipline network to allow you to cross entire areas within minutes is very satisfying. I would say half my playtime was spent doing that optional stuff and I loved it. Felt very said when I was finally done and got all my stars and realized there wasn't much left for me to do.

Worst part is I got my ultrawide monitor not too long after finishing the game, and I wanted to cry when I fired it up in 21:9 and saw how glorious it looks. Ahh well. Maybe someday I'll do another playthough in 21:9 after its been long enough to re-experience it fresh again.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 08:53 PM   #915
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

This was a pretty cool presentation at the video game awards a few years back. She is an OK singer. But I always love when a full symphony backs a rock singer. From the game soundtrack:

Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:33 AM   #916
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just finished the game, took me about 43 hours in total. People keep saying about plot twist and at first I thought its just Amelie and the President is the same person but it turns out its more than that, and took me by surprise. The game just simply amazing. 9.5/10
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2021, 01:09 AM   #917
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Have purposely not finished this game, instead just doing side quests so I can keep coming back to it. I just enjoy the world and traversing through it. The music is pretty cool too.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 02:22 AM   #918
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Have purposely not finished this game, instead just doing side quests so I can keep coming back to it. I just enjoy the world and traversing through it. The music is pretty cool too.
Get as many stars as meteor got. I am on my third row. But I don’t think I have the drive to get them all. Love the game but not enough time in the day these days...
Old Feb 25, 2021, 08:30 AM   #919
Andy22
Radeon R700

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Wow...all these positive reviews have made me add this to my list. I was lucky enough to get a PS5 this week and this seems like a great couch game. Especially with as cheap as it is on PS4 now.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2021, 09:08 AM   #920
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Get as many stars as meteor got. I am on my third row. But I don?t think I have the drive to get them all. Love the game but not enough time in the day these days...
Honestly once you have all roads built and a kick ass zipline network it actually doesn't take too much time 5 starring every location. And aside from the main story quests its the most fun thing to do in the game, IMO.

Also if you're not crazy like me and try to bang them all out in one playthrough stretch you can just save them to have something to keep coming back to the game for and do it little by little. They really did give you lots to do. The main story is on average about 40 hours but there's enough extra content to come back for and easily sink 75-100 hours over time.

In hindsight I kind of wish i just played the main story then took a break from the game, and just came back to it casually for 30 minutes at a time to do occasional deliveries. But i was so hooked i did everything all at once, now there's nothing else really to do. Its definitely a game you can just jump into to for a quick session and bang out some deliveries.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:26 AM   #921
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Are any of you using DSR in this game? if so, how did you get it to work?

I have set the DSR factors in the CP and even gone as far as changing my desktop resolution to 8k but in game, I am limited to 4k.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote