Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking Discuss Radeon tweaking, modding, and overclocking practices. Want to post your benchmarks scores? This is the place!

Old Feb 8, 2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default MSI R9 280X - Voltage Locked, not the best of clockers!

Hello enemies and old friends, it's been awhile! Damn AMD brought me back . Also went through a number of hardware changes, ASRock Penryn1600SLI-110d, Q6600 @ 3030MHZ, Palit GTX260(730/1485/1200), long since gone!

Anyway, this is my new card MSI R9 280X which I'm still running through it's paces and to be honest I think I would've liked more voltages. Even through msi afterburner and a special config the damn thing will not go over 1.2volts, which is against most of the reviews.

Furmark also hit about 95C as an OC with no artifacts, though gaming never ever gets that high. Think it's about 63C in BF4. I also ran into many black screens through both FarCry 3 and BF4, which I think was down to my overclock, even though it passed torture tests and valley/heaven.

UNSTABLE - Black screens, driver has stopped responding in FC3/BF4. Would either crash when moving or crash/freeze as soon as I opened up any menus.

Core Voltage - +100
Power Limit - +20
Gpu clocks - 1140 ( any higher and artifacts )
Mem clocks - 1700
Fan - 90%

STABLE thus far : Got through about three rounds of BF4

Core Voltage - +100
Power Limit - +20
Gpu clocks - 1130
Mem clocks - 1550
Fan - 85%
Old Feb 8, 2014, 09:53 PM   #2
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nice setup!

yoz
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:40 PM   #3
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Welcome back.

At first I thought, whoa, he predicted AMD future GPU naming!

Dunno what to tell you on topic.

Still not happy with AMD enough to risk switching over, but someone here must have the card.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2014, 05:59 AM   #4
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

haha yeh, even predicted the system I would have

Going to do some more testing today, can't wait for Mantle on my 280x though I did try the latest beta's it didn't work out so well

Hey Acroig Missed you both *man hugs*
Old Feb 9, 2014, 08:49 AM   #5
Pirate Neilsouth

BF4 hard locked

That was at 1130/1550, is this card clockable at all
Old Feb 9, 2014, 02:53 PM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
BF4 hard locked

That was at 1130/1550, is this card clockable at all
OC the core first, leave the VRAM alone until you find a stable core OC.

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2014, 02:58 PM   #7
Pirate Neilsouth

Played a number of rounds at 1120/1600

So far so good ( touch woody )
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:43 AM   #8
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
( touch woody )
Did you like to touch it?

yoz
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:32 AM   #9
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Did you like to touch it?
It was too cold, the woody remained limp
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:17 AM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
It was too cold, the woody remained limp
Yuch!

yoz