Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 14, 2019, 05:16 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
It's not emulation and I don't think this is CPU based either(ie software solution). It's just doesn't support nVidia's RT core's for acceleration.
While I concede it's not purely software (it's done by the GPU) I think I'll stick with the emulation part as I don't believe it does true RT.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 05:28 PM   #32
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
While I concede it's not purely software (it's done by the GPU) I think I'll stick with the emulation part as I don't believe it does true RT.
I edited my reply and missed your reply on the next page. Sorry about that.

Digital Foundry has a nice breakdown

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 06:01 PM   #33
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

It uses alot of tricks and shortcuts to "emulate" some of the more complex ray tracing functions, so it will never be on par with DXR ray tracing.

The demo is so well crafted that nobody really saw that the "reflections of reflections" were actually faked, or rather cube mapped.

But the fact the reflections were mirror quality was a dead giveaway that's all it was pretty much good for even when the demo was first released. Whereas DXR reflections we've seen so far can be done on any surface, translucent/transparency, partial reflections and accurate reflections of reflections that we've seen in games like Control, this is more like a step up from current software reflections but not a direct replacement for hardware dedicated ray tracing that doesn't need to rely on low/approximated rays or faked tricks.

The deliberately dark and carefully placed scenes in the demo hides the limitations quite well, but DF was able to point them out.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 15, 2019, 01:10 AM   #34
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wii U

Too bad it is more-so proprietary to CryTech and utilizing DirectX 11 but an impressive showing from a quality/performance perspective. Like to see this kind of ability and choice take advantage of dedicated hardware through Dxr and Vulcan.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 02:16 PM   #35
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

What a stupid way of downloading this
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 02:37 PM   #36
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Plz release a version that does not require an account.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 03:06 PM   #37
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I remember when Nvidia released the 7800GTX a while back towting that Floating-point precision HDR thingy. Crytek then released a demo that could run on ATI hardware using Integer precision and it did look good as I had a 9800pro at the time.

I find it amusing that Crytek have done the exact same thing but with Raytracing.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 03:13 PM   #38
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

6786 @1440

Benchmark looks like garbage
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:37 PM   #39
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
And the only reason you brought it up, is just to make yourself sound Superior and to try and start crap and try and create an argument as usual, and frankly, I am tired of it.
lol, first world problems...
Vanz_007 is online now   Reply With Quote