Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 04:17 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Wow lord, fud much? But honestly no, this isn't them exactly take a real swipe for the top spot.
didn't expect it

but was hopping for a x2 card with a faster link or bridge

or just crossfire but the price is high for that and maybe power draw
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2019, 04:23 PM   #62
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Pax you can forget about any great driver optimisations as this is the same arch as the nearly 18 month old Vega 64. Any driver ops are pretty much done by now unless of course they have kept something back. Very doubtful but even if they had, any improvements through the driver will benefit Vega 56/64 as well.

Personally I think this release could be bad news for Navi. Vega VII is basically just a dud Instinct M150 complete with less CU's but the same amount of VRAM and probably the same PCB. Are AMD releasing this card because they want to or are they selling this card because Navi is being delayed? Remember AIB's like Sapphire and Powercolor only sell AMD cards so they need something to sell don't they?

Think about it. As Lisa Su always puts it what is the Target Addressable Market (TAM) for this card purely from a gaming perspective? I wouldn't think most Vega 56/64 owners are interested in 25% more performance for $/£700 more cost (some will be of course). Polaris owners won't pay $/£700 for any card and if you have a 1080ti or better you're not going to buy it either.

If I was in the market right now for a $/£700 even I would buy a 2080 now Nvidia support freesync rather than Vega VII. Now both parties support adaptive sync AMD will need to try harder than this to earn my money next time I'm in the market.
Putting your NEGATIVE AMD rant you have been on for the last few weeks aside, I am not sure what drivers you have been using, but the Vega 56/64 has steadily been getting performance optimizations with nearly every driver release, if not every other one since it's release. All though maybe not in the games you play, but I have seen a steady improvement in the games I play. Even the latest 19.1.1 drivers just released, they have improved the performance for the Vega 64 in Fornite. So no, Driver optimizations are not done.

As for the price that people are complaining about, look around, prices on everything are rising, as well as the fact that 7nm process is new, meaning it cost more to produce, specially if there is a yield issue.

As for Nvidia's RTX 2080 with Ray Tracing, and DLSS.. it is dead tech Until AMD decides to start working on it. Why? Because AMD has pretty much locked the console division, with getting the contract for the PS5 (basically having all the contracts for all the big consoles). Since most games now days are developed for consoles and ported to PC, if AMD doesn't support it, Most likely PC versions won't either and if they do, it will be very limited, as most developers won't want to put the money or the time into Ray Tracing and DLSS that isn't supported on the consoles. Now, there will be those few games that Nvidia will throw money at the devs to add it, but in the big picture, it isn't going very far without AMD on board. Even now, all the hype around Ray Tracing and DLSS, how many games have been released using it? Even games that have promised support have yet to release anything except 1. IN all seriousness, how long have the cards been out? 4 months now, with only one game "partially" and "cut back" version of Ray Tracing.. (BFV) with NO games released that support DLSS. Ray Tracing and DLSS is just pretty much just marketing flare to get people to buy them, with basically no real world use for them at this point and time.

The Vega II is being released with the equal and possible slightly better performance than the 2080 (we will see when the real reviews come out), which is really the fastest card that is in a price range that most consumers can afford. The GTX 2080 ti is like a Lamborghini that very few average consumers can actually afford to purchase at $1300 a pop. I see nothing wrong with aiming at a performance level where the majority of sales will be generated out of the top GPU bracket.

Considering that nobody was expecting any kind of GPU release that even came close to the 2080 serious cards to be released from AMD till late 2019 or 2020, this is a good thing, even if you don't agree with the price or the performance of the card.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Jan 10, 2019 at 05:09 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2019, 05:20 PM   #63
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well... My 2 cents... mirrors what Anand said... so I will quote Anand...

Quote:
Instead, the biggest difference between the two cards is on the memory/ROP backend. Radeon Vega 64 (Vega 10) featured 64 ROPs and 2 HBM2 memory channels running at 1.89Gbps each, for a total of 484GB/sec of memory bandwidth. Radeon VII (Vega 20) doubles this and then some to 128 ROPs and 4 HBM2 memory channels, which also means memory capacity has doubled to 16GB. And then there’s the clockspeed boost on top of this: 1800MHz for the ROPs, and 2.0Gbps for the HBM2 memory. As a result Radeon VII has a lot more pixel pushing power, and a lot more in the way of resources to feed it to get there. Given these changes and AMD’s performance estimates, I think this lends a lot of evidence to the idea that Vega 10 was unbalanced – it needed more ROPs and/or more memory bandwidth to feed it – but that’s something we’ll save for the eventual review.
My Sourcey Linky

Honestly, this is what Raja Koduri wanted to do with Vega but Lisa wanted to focus on their CPU side first.

Clock for Clock... (because my RX Vega64 Liquid card can do 1800Mhz core and hold it there... ) The Vega II 7nm is beating my card in gaming by 18% or more based on AMD's slides. Which says to me, Vega II is more than just a die shrink. They did optimize the **** out of it and this is what Vega was meant to be.

That said, if they can get yields up and release a water cooled variant... I might bite. Because a 64CU/128ROP version.. would be worth it.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 10, 2019, 07:43 PM   #64
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

Heaps of memory and memory bandwidth plus few bottleneck tweaks suggests this is going to be an good 4k+ video card... of course I think a few people will remain fixated on 1080p benchmarks.

Vega is pretty decent min fps wise, Vega 2 should be butter
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2019, 08:01 PM   #65
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Heaps of memory and memory bandwidth plus few bottleneck tweaks suggests this is going to be an good 4k+ video card... of course I think a few people will remain fixated on 1080p benchmarks.

Problem is 1080P benchmarks don't mean diddly, as they are to CPU dependent.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Jan 10, 2019, 08:03 PM   #66
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post

Those fixated on 1080p benchmarks are idiots.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2019, 08:04 PM   #67
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post

My Sourcey Linky

Honestly, this is what Raja Koduri wanted to do with Vega but Lisa wanted to focus on their CPU side first.

Clock for Clock... (because my RX Vega64 Liquid card can do 1800Mhz core and hold it there... ) The Vega II 7nm is beating my card in gaming by 18% or more based on AMD's slides. Which says to me, Vega II is more than just a die shrink. They did optimize the **** out of it and this is what Vega was meant to be.

That said, if they can get yields up and release a water cooled variant... I might bite. Because a 64CU/128ROP version.. would be worth it.
There is a different between your 1800Mhz liquid cooled card and the vega II. Your's is liquid cooled, and the Vega II is air cooled. The Vega 64 Liquid cooled cards use binned chips, as there are a lot of air cooled owners who can't break 1700Mhz, even when converted over to water (I am one of them).

I do have to agree that there are more than just a die shrink going on with the Vega II.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 08:05 PM   #68
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Those fixated on 1080p benchmarks are idiots.
Hey, be nice, you are talking about 90% of the population..

Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:12 PM   #69
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

My Sourcey Linky

Ya thats a pretty major diff and for a long time nvidia had more rops. I think their top card had 96? The fill rate on vega 2 IINM must be insane. It also adds a good billion transistors over vega1 not sure if thats the rops but the ones getting vega2 might be in line for something interesting. Huang got pissy about it when he usually just ignores amd... maybe he knows something?

https://www.techpowerup.com/251400/n...nc-doesnt-work

Quote:
PC World managed to get a hold of NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang, picking his thoughts on AMD's recently announced Radeon VII. Skirting through the usual amicable, politically correct answers, Jensen made his thoughts clear on what the competition is offering to compete with NVIDIA's RTX 2000 series. The answer? Vega VII is an "underwhelming product", because "The performance is lousy and there's nothing new. [There's] no ray tracing, no AI. It's 7nm with HBM memory that barely keeps up with a 2080. And if we turn on DLSS we'll crush it. And if we turn on ray tracing we'll crush it." Not content on dissing the competition's product, Jensen Huang also quipped regarding AMD's presentation and product strategy, saying that "It's a weird launch, maybe they thought of it this morning."
He mad.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:59 PM   #70
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Ya thats a pretty major diff and for a long time nvidia had more rops. I think their top card had 96? The fill rate on vega 2 IINM must be insane. It also adds a good billion transistors over vega1 not sure if thats the rops but the ones getting vega2 might be in line for something interesting. Huang got pissy about it when he usually just ignores amd... maybe he knows something?

https://www.techpowerup.com/251400/n...nc-doesnt-work

He mad.

didn't see it had 128 rops thought it was still 64

maybe they are sandbagging the game scores

would be funny if it matched the 2080 ti for 699 at 4k

February 7 is too long

I want reviews

I got cash for two maybe if the power draw is in reason
and they give a sign of backing CFX better
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:19 PM   #71
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

And heres another thing Im wondering about... if we can enable pci-e 4 on our x300-400 mobos maybe we can get the new NVME to work on them. 4gb/s!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ss...vme,38418.html

Quote:
Phison's demo SSD pulled down a blistering 4 GB/s of sequential read throughput and a beastly 4.2 GB/s of write performance during a CrystalBenchMark test. The company is currently using Micron's 96-layer TLC flash, but new E16-powered SSDs will also hit the market with Toshiba's BiCS 4 flash. Phison expects the faster flash to push speeds up to 4.8/4.4 GB/s of read/write throughput.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:42 AM   #72
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
And heres another thing Im wondering about... if we can enable pci-e 4 on our x300-400 mobos maybe we can get the new NVME to work on them. 4gb/s!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ss...vme,38418.html

better question is Radeon 7 PCIE 4.0 ?

or will it be latter with a bios update

it might give Radeon 7 a boost at 4k over RTX on 3.0
and it should help crossfire or a Radeon 7 x2 if they can get the price down a bit

my rampage iv extreme and 7870's were the first on 3.0 but it did take a bit for asus to get it working
would be nice to get both on 4.0

and sell a lot of new Ryzen systems

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 11, 2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 04:45 AM   #73
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Afaik it doesn't support PCIE 4. I believe Navi will, though.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 09:51 AM   #74
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How would pcie4 help anything when it's already got 16GB of local total 1TB/s data access
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:16 AM   #75
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

More benches from AMD for what they're worth.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu...deon_vii_gpu/1
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:54 AM   #76
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboye View Post
How would pcie4 help anything when it's already got 16GB of local total 1TB/s data access
that's to the gpu memory only

bridgeless crossfire works thru PCIE so 4.0's higher bandwidth may help

and Instinct MI60 is 4.0
Old Jan 11, 2019, 01:55 PM   #77
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

On another forum I frequent one of the members works for one of the UK's biggest e-tailers and he reached out to Sapphire who told him there will be NO 8gb HBM2 cards at all. All the cards for the foreseeable future will be provided by AMD will be 16gb and they will simply sticker them. They did say their may be custom cooled versions in the future but they would be more expensive, which makes sense. This leads credence to the fact that these are just failed Instinct cards where the interposter and HBM2 had already been assembled before the dies failed Q&A.

If so, AMD are playing a smart game here. Originally these cards were not intended to be released as consumer gaming cards they were meant to be Instinct cards. However, as they realised the yields were not where they would have liked they faced the prospect of writing off the failed parts and taking a hit on their accounts. Fortunately Nvidia came to the rescue with the launch of Turing and its high price levels which meant the 2080 only had 1080ti performance but was costing $£700. So Vega VII was born and AMD realised they could release the failed parts as a consumer gaming card because it could match the 2080 performance in gaming. Obviously the cost of an Instinct card with 16gb meant they needed to match the cost of the 2080 without of course the benefit of Ray tracing and DLSS.

This situation now becomes a win-win situation for AMD because each card they sell will make them a profit and reduce the hit of writing down the failed parts on their accounts. The main problem with this strategy is the price. The $£700 price is probably a low as AMD can go and still make a profit so to keep these cards profitable they have little wiggle room on price. On the other hand can they afford to lose on each card by reducing the price because they were going to write them off anyway. Only time will tell.

The member had also seen a reference card and he said the fans on the card were very Sapphire like which I presume to mean Tri-X. If so they should be able to take care of any thermal issues. My Fury Tri-X was a great card and very quiet and cool. If the price does drop and it gets near to £550 then that will definitely pique my interest and I'm afraid I would buy it at that price. This is of course just my personal opinion.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 11, 2019, 02:49 PM   #78
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
If the price does drop and it gets near to £550 then that will definitely pique my interest and I'm afraid I would buy it at that price. This is of course just my personal opinion.
May I suggest you get yourself a neck brace, so you don't get whiplash.
Yesterday you had nothing good to say about the Vega II and for the past couple weeks it was AMD, but today you are willing to buy one if the price drops. Be careful, we wouldn't want you to get hurt.

Old Jan 11, 2019, 03:12 PM   #79
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
better question is Radeon 7 PCIE 4.0 ?

or will it be latter with a bios update

it might give Radeon 7 a boost at 4k over RTX on 3.0
and it should help crossfire or a Radeon 7 x2 if they can get the price down a bit

my rampage iv extreme and 7870's were the first on 3.0 but it did take a bit for asus to get it working
would be nice to get both on 4.0

and sell a lot of new Ryzen systems

Rumor X570 might have quad channel ram:

Its not what Jim at Adored says its one of the tech sites he quotes in this video... Su talks in the same vein about a quad channel ram question as she does about there being a second cpu chiplet coming...

@ 15m 35s mark.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 11, 2019, 05:52 PM   #80
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hey Gandalf.. Didn't I say a few months ago AMD was working on a big project on the GPU side and my CPU side source was like.. "RTG is locked down on any information about it.. but rumor was it is Vega 7nm for consumers". I was told 1Q but nothing more beyond that.

Glad they have something out at least.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 06:52 PM   #81
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

I wondered why the performance gains were not bigger if they had 128 ROPS. Here's the answer..https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...en-misreported

So just a die shrunk Vega 1 with no tweaks then relying purely on increased memory bandwidth and higher clocks.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 07:52 PM   #82
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Ah dang. Oh well itll still be cool to see what they did with that extra billion trannies in reviews.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:05 PM   #83
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I wondered why the performance gains were not bigger if they had 128 ROPS. Here's the answer..https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...en-misreported

So just a die shrunk Vega 1 with no tweaks then relying purely on increased memory bandwidth and higher clocks.
less than a die shrunk

vega 1 4096:256:64.
vega 2 3840:240:64.

wccftech was right the first time

quick give it a bottle of Viagra...……

……. everything is going limp
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:04 AM   #84
pax
Rage3D Spammer

64 is still plenty for 4k tho. I had some 8k fantasies...

Im still wondering how that huge memory bw and amount will come into play. Ocing will be fun too. Looking forward to reviews. FP 64 is in there too...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:21 AM   #85
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

For the gays who still buy AMD. Hit me if you have spare codes for the 3 games. Kthnxbye.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 01:06 AM   #86
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
For the gays who still buy AMD. Hit me if you have spare codes for the 3 games. Kthnxbye.
120 bucks each. I've got all 3 still.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 01:11 AM   #87
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Hey Gandalf.. Didn't I say a few months ago AMD was working on a big project on the GPU side and my CPU side source was like.. "RTG is locked down on any information about it.. but rumor was it is Vega 7nm for consumers". I was told 1Q but nothing more beyond that.

Glad they have something out at least.
I DO remember that.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 02:54 AM   #88
jesdals
R300

jesdals is still being judged by the masses

Default RVII AIB cards on feb 7?

We didnt see any new Radeon VII AIB cards on CES, any solid news about that?

Club 3D HD7870XT, P5Q Deluxe, [email protected], 8GB PC8500, 250GB 7200.10, 320GB 7200.11, 500GB+750GB 7200.12 Antec 1000W and Antec 300 tower.

All win 10 64 bit
jesdals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:14 AM   #89
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Does the new Radeon support hdmi 2.1?
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 02:20 PM   #90
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdals View Post
We didnt see any new Radeon VII AIB cards on CES, any solid news about that?
Read my earlier post Sapphire are saying all initial cards are AMD reference and their may be some custom cooled cards later but they will be more expensive. This card was never on AMD roadmap but hey syncroncity happened and it got released