Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 5, 2019, 05:36 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I don't have any problems with my dualshock4, but I do have to admit that I like the xbone controller better.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2019, 07:04 PM   #32
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I don't have any problems with my dualshock4, but I do have to admit that I like the xbone controller better.
I feel like it just fits better in the hand, it is more rounded and natural. I have to contort my wrists outward more with the PS4 if you're trying to keep two fingers for the shoulder buttons on either side.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2019, 09:05 PM   #33
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I press shoulder buttons with my dick.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2019, 01:55 PM   #34
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

A in't got **** on OCZ NIA.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 03:24 PM   #35
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I press shoulder buttons with my dick.
So you have one of these controllers I'm guessing...

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2019, 07:28 PM   #36
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyUb3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All he really needs is this though:

Old Jan 11, 2019, 05:03 PM   #37
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3r_n00b View Post
All he really needs is this though:

And one of these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 08:54 AM   #38
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

Wired has an article up with some actual news as opposed to rumors. The highlights are 8 core Zen 2 CPU on 7nm with a custom Navi GPU. Not too surprising but there is also talk of hardware ray tracing support and GPU accelerated 3D audio also using ray tracing. There’s going to be an SSD in the mix and some kind of backwards compatibility with the PS4. Oh yeah, and 8k support lol

Quote:
PlayStation’s next-generation console ticks all those boxes, starting with an AMD chip at the heart of the device. (Warning: some alphabet soup follows.) The CPU is based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen line and contains eight cores of the company’s new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments. While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into $10,000 high-end processors, no game console has been able to manage it. Yet.

Ray tracing’s immediate benefits are largely visual. Because it mimics the way light bounces from object to object in a scene, reflective surfaces and refractions through glass or liquid can be rendered much more accurately, even in real-time, leading to heightened realism. According to Cerny, the applications go beyond graphic implications. “If you wanted to run tests to see if the player can hear certain audio sources or if the enemies can hear the players’ footsteps, ray tracing is useful for that,” he says. “It's all the same thing as taking a ray through the environment.”

The AMD chip also includes a custom unit for 3D audio that Cerny thinks will redefine what sound can do in a videogame. “As a gamer,” he says, “it's been a little bit of a frustration that audio did not change too much between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. With the next console the dream is to show how dramatically different the audio experience can be when we apply significant amounts of hardware horsepower to it.”

The result, Cerny says, will make you feel more immersed in the game as sounds come at you from above, from behind, and from the side. While the effect will require no external hardware—it will work through TV speakers and visual surround sound—he allows that the “gold standard” will be headphone audio.
Solid-state drives have been available in budget laptops for more than a decade, and the Xbox One and PS4 both offer external SSDs that claim to improve load times. But not all SSDs are created alike. As Cerny points out, “I have an SSD in my laptop, and when I want to change from Excel to Word I can wait 15 seconds.” What’s built into Sony’s next-gen console is something a little more specialized.

To demonstrate, Cerny fires up a PS4 Pro playing Spider-Man, a 2018 PS4 exclusive that he worked on alongside Insomniac Games. (He’s not just an systems architect; Cerny created arcade classic Marble Madness when he was all of 19 and was heavily involved with PlayStation and PS2 franchises like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Ratchet and Clank.) On the TV, Spidey stands in a small plaza. Cerny presses a button on the controller, initiating a fast-travel interstitial screen. When Spidey reappears in a totally different spot in Manhattan, 15 seconds have elapsed. Then Cerny does the same thing on a next-gen devkit connected to a different TV. (The devkit, an early “low-speed” version, is concealed in a big silver tower, with no visible componentry.) What took 15 seconds now takes less than one: 0.8 seconds, to be exact.

That’s just one consequence of an SSD. There’s also the speed with which a world can be rendered, and thus the speed with which a character can move through that world. Cerny runs a similar two-console demonstration, this time with the camera moving up one of Midtown’s avenues. On the original PS4, the camera moves at about the speed Spidey hits while web-slinging. “No matter how powered up you get as Spider-Man, you can never go any faster than this,” Cerny says, “because that's simply how fast we can get the data off the hard drive.” On the next-gen console, the camera speeds uptown like it’s mounted to a fighter jet. Periodically, Cerny pauses the action to prove that the surrounding environment remains perfectly crisp. (While the next-gen console will support 8K graphics, TVs that deliver it are few and far between, so we’re using a 4K TV.)
https://www.wired.com/story/exclusiv...t-gen-console/

Last edited by aRandomRobot : Apr 16, 2019 at 09:04 AM.
aRandomRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 09:43 AM   #39
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

New console hype yay :yawn:
Then they release it and almost all games run 1080p or fake 4k30p.

I bet most games will be rendered at 4k30p and some 4k60p and maybe one or two tetris like game at 8k30p.

I wish sony forced devs to make them all 60p. Hate the slow slideshow that is 30p in games.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:15 PM   #40
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The big takeaway for me is SSD...Sony has great exclusives, but the load times are horrible.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:38 PM   #41
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Looking forward to seeing what Cerny brings this time. 'Hoping xbox brings it's A-game too.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 16, 2019, 01:55 PM   #42
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 02:30 PM   #43
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
I mean vega supports ray tracing tech just not NVs implementation of it.
Modern GPU´s in general does, what they did with the RTX line is put in dedicated hardware (them RT cores) to do the raycasting so the GPU can do all the normal rendering stuff without having to ALSO do the very expensive raycasts.
A task which I think compute cores on a modern GPU is somewhat suboptimal at doing.

So the question isnt "will the gpu support it?", it´s will the new consoles have some dedicated Raytracing component to them to offload that stuff off of what is essentially a integrated low power GPU.
Doing raytracing even with dedicated hardware, still puts additional strain on the GPU to denoise and do some post processing to not have it all blotchy and stuff.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:02 PM   #44
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
Such a tease.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:29 PM   #45
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Fck 4k, keep it 1080p and give me fantastic textures, shaders, geometry, draw distance, high frame rates, etc.

*What I mean is, prioritize things other than resolution first and then if people want to go 4k drop quality or frame rate in other areas like on PC (I know this may be hard to execute, esp due to marketing departments).

People think 4k is free.. it isn't, resolution comes at a cost.
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:

Last edited by Progression : Apr 16, 2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:56 PM   #46
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Crazy talk, it's time to let 1080P go. I'll argue you can't have what you want at 1080P. 4k gives you the option to have those clearer textures, and what's the point of having that massive draw distance if you can't make out what that blurry/misfigured object is in the distance?

We already get this in games right NOW. Not true 4k, but certainly higher resolution than 1080P. I can change the resolution and it's painfully obvious it's in 1080P. There is no reason the next generation of hardware shouldn't be 4k. Supporting 8k is just plain stupid from a hardware/performance level, but also from a point of diminishing returns. Unless people start playing from 100"+ size TV's.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 04:01 PM   #47
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

I too think native 4k is overrated (and too costly!); while I don't advocate for 1080P from frame start to finish, I believe in rendering at an intermediate resolution and temporally up-scaling to 4k.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 04:47 PM   #48
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
That's asshole for "I know stuff you don't"

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 16, 2019, 05:22 PM   #49
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
That's asshole for "I know stuff you don't"
Totally
Old Apr 16, 2019, 05:35 PM   #50
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Whatever the case I will be buying Xboner 2 and Pisser 5! I'm all in for 4K for both!
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 06:02 PM   #51
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Whatever the case I will be buying Xboner 2 and Pisser 5! I'm all in for 4K for both!
My bet is it'll be the xbox 361.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 16, 2019, 06:57 PM   #52
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Unless there is some exclusive out of this world video game on the ps5, i'll pass. (Not really any exclusive must play games on ps4 to be honest as I have most of those and they don't get played lol)
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 08:09 PM   #53
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Unless there is some exclusive out of this world video game on the ps5, i'll pass. (Not really any exclusive must play games on ps4 to be honest as I have most of those and they don't get played lol)
There are TONS of exclusive must play games on PS4. That's the entire reason to own the system over the XBox...which basically has none.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 09:49 PM   #54
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I can’t wait for the next PlayStation. Would be good to get rid of thinking about graphics for a year.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:26 PM   #55
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I too think native 4k is overrated (and too costly!); while I don't advocate for 1080P from frame start to finish, I believe in rendering at an intermediate resolution and temporally up-scaling to 4k.
Agreed, I forgot to mention that, most upscaling solutions seem to be good enough.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Apr 18, 2019, 03:14 AM   #56
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Although I'm not much of a gamer anymore, I like how video games are progressing. Console loyalists can stick with PlayStation/Nintendo, and PC gamers can support the Xbox when the two platforms are merged as one (obviously Microsoft's ultimate goal). With news how the Xbox app can allow PC to directly stream games directly to your TV, this can only can better.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 04:41 AM   #57
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Consoles with a cpu that does not get demolished by something as old as a sandy bridge cpu will be nice.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 08:11 AM   #58
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
Fck 4k, keep it 1080p and give me fantastic textures, shaders, geometry, draw distance, high frame rates, etc.

*What I mean is, prioritize things other than resolution first and then if people want to go 4k drop quality or frame rate in other areas like on PC (I know this may be hard to execute, esp due to marketing departments).

People think 4k is free.. it isn't, resolution comes at a cost.
I mostly agree with your take on this.

If Sony were smart and wanted to do the right thing, rather than just trying to always give the best visuals possible and to win the specs war, they would first and foremost make 1080p/60fps the standard required baseline for all games released on the PS5. Of course then with the option of higher resolutions with lower framerate. But if there's even one game on PS5 that runs 30fps at 1080p it will be a disgrace. We should be past that by now.

But they wont do this. They will tout "8K resolution for best graphics ever!!" as a marketing ploy. No one is asking for higher resolution than 4K. Do we really even need 4K gaming? I suppose people who game on 70" screens but that's not most people. Get the issues of 30fps out of the way first before higher res.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:28 PM   #59
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
Agreed, I forgot to mention that, most upscaling solutions seem to be good enough.
Just wait til consoles start supporting foveated rendering. That will be a total game-changer.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:29 PM   #60
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Although I'm not much of a gamer anymore, I like how video games are progressing. Console loyalists can stick with PlayStation/Nintendo, and PC gamers can support the Xbox when the two platforms are merged as one (obviously Microsoft's ultimate goal). With news how the Xbox app can allow PC to directly stream games directly to your TV, this can only can better.
I would love to buy a new xbox that lets me play older pc games. UT2k4 with mouse & keyboard support!

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro