Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jan 7, 2019, 06:27 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Default Wireless mouse that's worth a pluck?

I have five office PCs that I recently upgraded and bought wireless mice and keyboards for. All of them have those little dongles that plug into USB, and keyboards seem to work fine while mice experience jerky movement. Anyone experience similar issues? Are there wireless mice that work smooth? Looking for simple 2 button + wheel mice, none of that crazy gaming stuff.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2019, 09:27 PM   #2
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Och View Post
I have five office PCs that I recently upgraded and bought wireless mice and keyboards for. All of them have those little dongles that plug into USB, and keyboards seem to work fine while mice experience jerky movement. Anyone experience similar issues? Are there wireless mice that work smooth? Looking for simple 2 button + wheel mice, none of that crazy gaming stuff.
A lot of the dongles do not like being put into a USB 3 slot, so if you have other options, try those first. My Logitech G602 would freak out sometimes if I forgot about this and it would lead to some interesting times when aiming down the sight....

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2019, 09:49 PM   #3
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

Best to use the usb 2 located where the ps/2 ports used to be. They are specifically for mice and keyboards(supports wake up from mice/keyboard)

The other thing is to use an extension to get the dongle closer to your mouse/keyboard.

Every time my g602 starts getting twitchy I know my dongle has fallen of my desk.
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:21 AM   #4
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

My work device is a Microsoft Surface Book. The USB ports on that are few and under powered (without the docking station) so I went with a Bluetooth mouse:

http://www.uhurumobility.com/Home/Pr...etail/code/c76

I've been using it for almost two years without issue. It charges via USB. It is a little annoying that there is no warning when it's going to run out of power, but I've just gotten into a habit of charging it about every 2-3 weeks.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2019, 05:15 PM   #5
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

The motherboard in my newest office pc doesn't even have USB2 slots, only ubs3, 3.1 and type c.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 08:11 AM   #6
KAC
Gays be gays be gays be g

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Time to throw out the motherboards.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #7
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Are all of the PCs in close proximity? Mice like this communicate on 2.4 GHz. They can interfere with one another, as well as 2.4 GHz Wifi. You can try getting a USB extension cable and running the dongle so it is closer to the keyboard/mouse. Maybe attach it so it's underneath the desk close to where the kb/mouse are located, or alternatively place it near the monitor if the mouse/keyboard are on top of the desk. The closer the dongle is to the mouse the better the connection will be.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote