Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 13, 2020, 07:58 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thumbs down TLoU 2 actors getting death threats

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-La....509086.0.html

Quote:
Complaints about the game have mostly focused on the storyline, with some players criticizing the required time playing as Abby. In fact, some have disliked this component so much that they have resorted to sending despicable threats to actress Laura Bailey along the lines of “I’m going to find where you live and slaughter you” and “I hope your parents die by a hard cancer”. While “fans” who act like this are clearly doing the whole fanbase a massive disservice, as creators are going to think twice about continuing developing an IP if they are going to receive death threats just for making bold narrative changes, others have spoken with their wallets: Four million copies of The Last of Us Part II were sold within its first three days of release.
I'm all for voting with the wallet, but the rest of it? We (generally speaking) can do better than this, right?
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2020, 09:30 AM   #2
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Get rid of Social Media, and problem sorted. But keep forums at least...
Old Dec 13, 2020, 09:44 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Get rid of Social Media, and problem sorted. But keep forums at least...
For sure
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 13, 2020, 09:44 AM   #4
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

People are idiots for sending death threats to developers, twitter should nuke them from existence for doing so.

But why would you threaten some who has zero to do with the design of the game?

They are literally just actors following a script that someone else wrote.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2020, 09:50 AM   #5
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Enough idiots on this planet.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2020, 01:30 PM   #6
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Are they actually taking these threats seriously?

I just see them as a bunch of social media twats spewing out a bunch of filth because they have nothing better going on in their lives. I'm not sure why it should get any real attention.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2020, 03:57 PM   #7
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Stupendously ridiculous. TLOU2 is a fantastic game. Not perfect, but still something I relished playing. To take any frustration on where the game went out on, well, anyone really, shows you've got your priorities all wrong. Most likely kids who swear they ****ed your mother after last night's game of Fortnite, but still.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 04:05 PM   #8
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Don't think these are real threats at all, just people **** talking/taking their anger out over some actors due to the game unfairly being given GOTY thanks to media industry collusion bullshit. It's bad behavior to do so however.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:47 AM   #9
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

I can understand threatening the sound team with a poo stick for not having noise equalization, or vomiting on the interface guy for defaulting dodge\run to L1, but death threats for anything related to entertainment sounds like something a Last of Us 2 character would do.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:28 AM   #10
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazindu View Post
I can understand threatening the sound team with a poo stick for not having noise equalization, or vomiting on the interface guy for defaulting dodge\run to L1, but death threats for anything related to entertainment sounds like something a Last of Us 2 character would do.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 12:04 PM   #11
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I think TLOU2 might suffer from the same disorder that strikes any media featuring walking dead with brain trauma. If you last long enough, part of your audience becomes walking dead with brain trauma.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 12:39 PM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
I think TLOU2 might suffer from the same disorder that strikes any media featuring walking dead with brain trauma. If you last long enough, part of your audience becomes walking dead with brain trauma.
I could be