Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:26 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Agreed this one seems to be all about managing Ki and use of water, because paralysis and poison certainly don't work, also I've been using tonfas, rather than the Kusarigama which i'm spec'd up for, essentially this means my tonfas have been the equivalent of hitting him with rolled up newspapers.
He and another boss soon after are battles of attrition. Can you chip him to death before your healing items run out?

See my last post about tonfas - we're on the same page. The twilight missions are also worth doing for the quality umbracite which lets you forge some better stats on weapons and armor.

Soul core usage with guardian spirits is also a HUGE contributor to defense and attack in this game.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:53 PM   #152
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Tonfa are OP at this point - kind of...they're consistently the best weapon against all enemies that I've used yet. I'm hitting for about 650 dmg with 50 in Courage.

I did stumble across a major change though. Weapons have a soul match level limit on them now. I can't upgrade my lvl 76 bone spirit tonfa any more and haven't found viable replacements yet.
Annnnd I just finished the guy. Each run I was taking at him was giving me like 2 points of Tonfa skill cause I have nothing in it.

Yeah, in the end I had like 11 Courage and 6 skills in Tonfa I think? Also switched to the lightest armor as I got a full set of Garb off one Revenant kill. Picked up a weird Tonfa off a Revenant at some point which is why I decided to just try using them. Had a +1 next to it's level, no clue what that means in this game. Anyways, not sure where to go from here, Like I said, I used Tonfa all last game and I kinda wanted to try something new, but that damn Siren Call is starting again after this fight.

Then again, it might just be a boss by boss case as the Odachi makes it really easy to hit some bosses/yokai weak spots to break things.

Ugh, just took a look at my inventory, have 451 blue items or better. Well, time to sift through it all and dissassemble. Also, it looks like soul cores take up inventory space as well. Yikes.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 21, 2020 at 05:01 PM.
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2020, 05:03 PM   #153
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Annnnd I just finished the guy. Each run I was taking at him was giving me like 2 points of Tonfa skill cause I have nothing in it.

Yeah, in the end I had like 11 Courage and 6 skills in Tonfa I think? Also switched to the lightest armor as I got a full set of Garb off one Revenant kill. Picked up a weird Tonfa off a Revenant at some point which is why I decided to just try using them. Had a +1 next to it's level, no clue what that means in this game. Anyways, not sure where to go from here, Like I said, I used Tonfa all last game and I kinda wanted to try something new, but that damn Siren Call is starting again after this fight.

Then again, it might just be a boss by boss case as the Odachi makes it really easy to hit some bosses/yokai weak spots to break things.
I just switched from the yokia annihilator set to the Diehard armor set. Perks are I just need that blacksmith to give me some purples so I can try rolling attack onto my pieces. I really dislike the smith in this one.

I ran with an Odachi for a bit, but some of the enemies/bosses after where you're at really tear into your ki. I'm almost at the end of the 4th region and the Tonfa still rule. I avoided them first game I need to replay that now with tonfa lol.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 21, 2020, 05:55 PM   #154
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Oh hey, what's this side mission? Oh the same guy I -just- fought. F off with this horse **** NT.

Not gonna lie, endurance fights are probably the most uninspired mission types of all in terms of fun, if that's -all- these side missions are gonna be I'm kinda losing the will of keeping on playing.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 21, 2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 09:44 PM   #155
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I'm in for the long haul here. The game is just fantastic with a friend.

On the side missions - I usually tough them out for the rewards. There's one in the 4th region that gives a set of fire tonfa. I want it, but I've been denied twice lol, in the rudest possible ways.

I'll get it eventually.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 01:31 AM   #156
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

lol dropped a grave in front of the boss in the Twilight Mission come back a little later "Your grave was help to 23 people"

I just have a lot more fun actually running through a mission other than wave fight #4 if you know what I mean. I mean, I just ran the Twilight Mission to kill Enenra a couple times for fun, and some loot. It's nice finding out that high level stuff can still drop for you in those missions. Speaking of which, my damn inventory is getting full again.

I should probably get into the actual fusing of soul cores as I'm sure that'd free up some inventory space as well. The run I did before this last one they were dropping left and right for me. Think I had like 12+ by the end of the mission. Do they drop more often in Twilight missions?

Old Mar 22, 2020, 05:20 AM   #157
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
lol dropped a grave in front of the boss in the Twilight Mission come back a little later "Your grave was help to 23 people"

I just have a lot more fun actually running through a mission other than wave fight #4 if you know what I mean. I mean, I just ran the Twilight Mission to kill Enenra a couple times for fun, and some loot. It's nice finding out that high level stuff can still drop for you in those missions. Speaking of which, my damn inventory is getting full again.

I should probably get into the actual fusing of soul cores as I'm sure that'd free up some inventory space as well. The run I did before this last one they were dropping left and right for me. Think I had like 12+ by the end of the mission. Do they drop more often in Twilight missions?
Not that I've seen so far. I know there's a perk under the shiftling skill tree for more drops, and I think a couple of accessories have it.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 07:49 AM   #158
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I'm back at the level they used for the last chance trial. I have a couple of things to clean up, then a run at that boss. He owes me

The snake lady things...I literally hate them.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 07:57 AM   #159
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Ugh, just took a look at my inventory, have 451 blue items or better. Well, time to sift through it all and dissassemble. Also, it looks like soul cores take up inventory space as well. Yikes.
RE: Bosses - checking the boss rankings the first 3 bosses are in the top 10 out of 20off, after Enenera and with access to the blacksmith and some decent gear things even out for a long while up to Shibata Katsuie (although Kamaitachi looks problematic for certain builds). or at least that's the impression I'm being given,with a bit of research, mileage may vary.
I dreamt you were a cat.
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2020, 08:54 AM   #160
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'm back at the level they used for the last chance trial. I have a couple of things to clean up, then a run at that boss. He owes me

The snake lady things...I literally hate them.
Update on the boss - 2nd try and down. That was very satisfying
Old Mar 22, 2020, 12:40 PM   #161
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Scratch Enenera off the list (8hrs in total bouncing off him! I can practically solo him down to the last 1% consistently now)
Resorted to using the single sword+Ninja set/skills, which I suspect this is going to have to be main for the first run.
Also
Finally got the blacksmith open, hopefully plain sailing for a while now.
I dreamt you were a cat.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 12:55 PM   #162
Lazy8s
One day at a time

^^^ It was a great feeling getting past him lol.

I just had the pleasure of fighting a certain ice guy again - I love that fight, one of the best so far imo. Too bad I wasn't running with an Odachi because the 2 I got from that mission look pretty sweet.

Some of the side missions are not bad at all

I can jump into the 5th region now, but still have 10-12 side missions to clean up, and the 5th is well past the 50% mark, so I want to get everything I can before diving in there.

Sidenote to From Software - *This* is how you do difficult, and keep people coming back. I didn't die nearly as much in Sekiro as I have so far in this game, but I'm still craving more Nioh. Love it. Except for the parts I don't.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 01:59 PM   #163
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
^^^ It was a great feeling getting past him lol.

I just had the pleasure of fighting a certain ice guy again - I love that fight, one of the best so far imo. Too bad I wasn't running with an Odachi because the 2 I got from that mission look pretty sweet.

Some of the side missions are not bad at all

I can jump into the 5th region now, but still have 10-12 side missions to clean up, and the 5th is well past the 50% mark, so I want to get everything I can before diving in there.

Sidenote to From Software - *This* is how you do difficult, and keep people coming back. I didn't die nearly as much in Sekiro as I have so far in this game, but I'm still craving more Nioh. Love it. Except for the parts I don't.
Thankyou & Congrats yourself!
My take on this game, is it's bloody humbling.
I'm already planning NG+ and having a serious conversation with these initial bosses once i've got a full set of gear, skills and the counter timing down.
I dreamt you were a cat.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 03:50 PM   #164
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Thankyou & Congrats yourself!
My take on this game, is it's bloody humbling.
I'm already planning NG+ and having a serious conversation with these initial bosses once i've got a full set of gear, skills and the counter timing down.
I'm thinking NG+ too. If it's anything at all like the first, there will be some changes the 2nd, and 3rd time around. NG+ in the first was actually much better than NG

I just had the nerdy pleasure of fighting one of the 1st games primary bad guys - Loving it lol.

Still getting the smith figured out though...and I can now attune 3 soul cores to each of my guardian spirits. This is going to be fun...
Old Mar 22, 2020, 04:19 PM   #165
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Stop rubbing my nose in it. Oh look at me, I'm Lazy8s, look at me repeatedly kill a guy that Yellowbeard was cussing up a storm over!

Either way, came back to the side mission where you have to fight him, one shotted him with an Odachi this time around. Ended up switching out two pieces of armor for Heavy, which puts me in the blue for defense while keeping green equipment load. Think that helps with getting stagger locked by him. Sucks that I'll miss the set bonus from Soyhara, but not getting staggered is nice. It also helps when you realize at least for the first bit, if you hug his ass most of his swings go right over your head.

Ugh, the stupid Odachi I get for my troubles is three levels below my current one. Eh, I can shove it to the side and soul match it in a few levels here. Managed to get melee ki damage on it. And it's inheritable for later.

And playing around with equipment I'm 3 defense away from being able to wear 4 pieces of the Annihilator set and still be A in defense. Which is... good to know I have the option of finagling things around and potentially getting the stagger bonus while wearing pretty much all med armor.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 22, 2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 04:29 PM   #166
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Stop rubbing my nose in it. Oh look at me, I'm Lazy8s, look at me repeatedly kill a guy that Yellowbeard was cussing up a storm over!

Either way, came back to the side mission where you have to fight him, one shotted him with an Odachi this time around. Ended up switching out two pieces of armor for Heavy, which puts me in the blue for defense while keeping green equipment load. Think that helps with getting stagger locked by him. Sucks that I'll miss the set bonus from Soyhara, but not getting staggered is nice. It also helps when you realize at least for the first bit, if you hug his ass most of his swings go right over your head.

Ugh, the stupid Odachi I get for my troubles is three levels below my current one. Eh, I can shove it to the side and soul match it in a few levels here. Managed to get melee ki damage on it. And it's inheritable for later.
Wut?

No rubbing of noses in stuff buddy lol. I just really enjoy that fight. For some reason it brings me back to my first Dark Souls bosses way back when ya know?

You're so right about staying close - him, Enenra and a couple others, circling/dodging to my left>their right is a pretty safe bet.

There's still quality of life bugs to be squashed though. No game breakers though, that I've seen yet.

Just a tip - don't invest too much into a single weapon yet. Area 4 the higher rarity/higher dps drops are coming fast. I'm trying to save quality umbracite and just soul match now, as I learned a lot of the weapons are soul match capped in this game. It sucked at first, but I just picked up ~6 sets of tonfas, all purple and all better than what I had.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 04:39 PM   #167
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Ok so all missions regions 1-3 100% complete and all main missions region 4 complete.

More than 50% through and still giggling like an insane little school girl
Old Mar 22, 2020, 04:44 PM   #168
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hey man, had to joke about it.

Yeah, haven't invested anything in weapons so far. Think I tried to craft a purple once, but since turnover is so great I just use what I pick up, though I did just manage to run over a Revenant who popped out a Purp Corrupted Bloodspider Blade that had both reduced melee ki consumption and mid attack life drain. So yeah, glad I decided to kill that guy.

Missing my life gain with enemy death though. Always nice to be able to keep kinda topped off without elixers. Easy enough to go back to it though.

Old Mar 22, 2020, 04:46 PM   #169
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Hey man, had to joke about it.

Yeah, haven't invested anything in weapons so far. Think I tried to craft a purple once, but since turnover is so great I just use what I pick up, though I did just manage to run over a Revenant who popped out a Purp Corrupted Bloodspider Blade that had both reduced melee ki consumption and mid attack life drain. So yeah, glad I decided to kill that guy.

Missing my life gain with enemy death though. Always nice to be able to keep kinda topped off without elixers. Easy enough to go back to it though.
I was able to get that at the forge with regular umbracite The armor imps frikken hate me, but the weapons guys are doing ok by me lol.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 05:39 PM   #170
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I was able to get that at the forge with regular umbracite The armor imps frikken hate me, but the weapons guys are doing ok by me lol.
I should probably look into that considering I have 260 normal Umbracite right now, so I think I have some room to play. I usually don't do too bad with what I find for the most part. Then again, I joined the Clan that gave Luck and what not, so I usually don't do too bad getting Purple items.

Think I'm finally set to move onto the third main mission in Region 3. Been spending time mopping up the side missions and twilight stuff.

Old Mar 22, 2020, 06:24 PM   #171
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I should probably look into that considering I have 260 normal Umbracite right now, so I think I have some room to play. I usually don't do too bad with what I find for the most part. Then again, I joined the Clan that gave Luck and what not, so I usually don't do too bad getting Purple items.

Think I'm finally set to move onto the third main mission in Region 3. Been spending time mopping up the side missions and twilight stuff.
I just got my Dragon Tonfa. Are they purple? No, because of course they aren't.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 08:03 PM   #172
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I just found out you can actually change your weapons stats using the remodeling feature at the blacksmith.

Choose one stat to raise and the others will drop slightly.

The mission to unlock this is in the Dream Region and is called The Roaming Artisan. Side mission.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 02:51 AM   #173
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Of course you didn't get a purp. Nioh is a cruel mistress. Also, there's even more ways for stat fudgery with the blacksmith? lol, just how many different stats does this game want us to juggle.

Well, Region 3 is done. Will move onto 4 tomorrow. Finished up the side missions and farmed one of them for something didn't get it, but I'm gonna try again tomorrow for a little bit.

Still rocking 3 med, 2 heavy and it's working a charm so far. Just need to find a couple sets that it'll work out with. I mean, full heavy might be interesting, but oof, not sure I want to take that Ki hit.

Old Mar 23, 2020, 04:52 AM   #174
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Of course you didn't get a purp. Nioh is a cruel mistress. Also, there's even more ways for stat fudgery with the blacksmith? lol, just how many different stats does this game want us to juggle.

Well, Region 3 is done. Will move onto 4 tomorrow. Finished up the side missions and farmed one of them for something didn't get it, but I'm gonna try again tomorrow for a little bit.

Still rocking 3 med, 2 heavy and it's working a charm so far. Just need to find a couple sets that it'll work out with. I mean, full heavy might be interesting, but oof, not sure I want to take that Ki hit.
Yeah cruel mistress indeed. You'll get that item you're farming for just when you ne longer need it

Tip: The little purple guys are consistently dropping really nice weapons in exchange for a weapon. I was giving them lantern plants and getting spirit stones and materials, my online buddy tried dropping a weapon and yep, got a nice weapon in return.

I'm resisting the urge to finish the main missions all the way to end game, then mop up later....I did that in the first game. Still looking for the ultimate Tonfa set...I have no idea if it's all rolled stuff, inherited or a special set, but still trying all new stuff.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 05:46 AM   #175
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yeah cruel mistress indeed. You'll get that item you're farming for just when you ne longer need it

Tip: The little purple guys are consistently dropping really nice weapons in exchange for a weapon. I was giving them lantern plants and getting spirit stones and materials, my online buddy tried dropping a weapon and yep, got a nice weapon in return.

I'm resisting the urge to finish the main missions all the way to end game, then mop up later....I did that in the first game. Still looking for the ultimate Tonfa set...I have no idea if it's all rolled stuff, inherited or a special set, but still trying all new stuff.
To be fair, it's not an item I'm looking for...
Ended up finding out some bosses drop weapon skills. Got one off the Lightning Elephant guy for dual swords when I beat him. Punish the Proud, which is a deflection with your swords into a kick. This made me look it up and I found out that it looks like there's two hidden skills for each weapon type. Don't know how I found out that an Odachi one drops from boss in the sub mission The Point of No Return. Don't know where the others drop from. Could look it up, but might keep it a secret from myself until I'm in the final stretch. It -MIGHT- be correlated into the weapon grapples that have a special animation for those bosses. But I haven't dug into it that much aside from my cursory look up. So it's an Odachi weapon skill drop I'm trying to farm.

Oh yeah, Sudama are great for items. Generally work in equivalencies, purple for a purple, think it's even the same level. They get a little more complicated too when you can actually understand them after getting enough Astral wisdom. One dropped a Book of Reincarnation for me. Not complicated complicated. Sometimes they ask for more specific things if you greet them before dropping something. Still haven't puzzled out all the items they ask for.

lol, yeah. I pretty much just stick out all the side missions and then move on. Unless it's like one mission that I'm repeatedly beating my head against that I'll come back to later.

Old Mar 23, 2020, 06:26 AM   #176
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
To be fair, it's not an item I'm looking for...
Ended up finding out some bosses drop weapon skills. Got one off the Lightning Elephant guy for dual swords when I beat him. Punish the Proud, which is a deflection with your swords into a kick. This made me look it up and I found out that it looks like there's two hidden skills for each weapon type. Don't know how I found out that an Odachi one drops from boss in the sub mission The Point of No Return. Don't know where the others drop from. Could look it up, but might keep it a secret from myself until I'm in the final stretch. It -MIGHT- be correlated into the weapon grapples that have a special animation for those bosses. But I haven't dug into it that much aside from my cursory look up. So it's an Odachi weapon skill drop I'm trying to farm.

Oh yeah, Sudama are great for items. Generally work in equivalencies, purple for a purple, think it's even the same level. They get a little more complicated too when you can actually understand them after getting enough Astral wisdom. One dropped a Book of Reincarnation for me. Not complicated complicated. Sometimes they ask for more specific things if you greet them before dropping something. Still haven't puzzled out all the items they ask for.

lol, yeah. I pretty much just stick out all the side missions and then move on. Unless it's like one mission that I'm repeatedly beating my head against that I'll come back to later.
I think it was The Brothers Blades mission that dropped both Odachis for me. Would have been great if that were what my build needed lol. The dropped skills though, I completely missed how that works, so thanks for the tip! I'll have to read up on it.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 07:48 AM   #177
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Can't sleep so I tried some more. Didn't get the skill, but I got two tea utensils, white bone spirit tonfa smithing text, the genryu armor smithing text, and a level. That was what maybe 5 runs? *sigh* I'll probably just move on for the time being, get some better items in the next region and speed up the fight even more. Not like it's taking long as is.

Here's a reddit thread about it. (Just did a quick search for it, didn't read it as I'm sure there's bosses on there I haven't fought yet)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/commen...s_from_bosses/

Old Mar 23, 2020, 08:17 AM   #178
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Can't sleep so I tried some more. Didn't get the skill, but I got two tea utensils, white bone spirit tonfa smithing text, the genryu armor smithing text, and a level. That was what maybe 5 runs? *sigh* I'll probably just move on for the time being, get some better items in the next region and speed up the fight even more. Not like it's taking long as is.

Here's a reddit thread about it. (Just did a quick search for it, didn't read it as I'm sure there's bosses on there I haven't fought yet)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/commen...s_from_bosses/
Thanks for the link! I might avoid it for now for the same reasons though. And I'm still trying to figure out what benefits the tea utensils have, if any. Last one I had appraised he called junk and smashed.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 08:48 AM   #179
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Thanks for the link! I might avoid it for now for the same reasons though. And I'm still trying to figure out what benefits the tea utensils have, if any. Last one I had appraised he called junk and smashed.
The tea utensils, once appraised and it isn't junk, can be arranged in your hut and give bonuses to Money gain, Luck, and utensil drop rate. There's a handy button that'll optimize what to display as well. With my set up I have +31 Luck, +6.4% Money Acquired, and +3.5% to utensil drop rate. I have stuff for my level, but I can only imagine it gets even bigger numbers from here.

Old Mar 23, 2020, 09:16 AM   #180
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
The tea utensils, once appraised and it isn't junk, can be arranged in your hut and give bonuses to Money gain, Luck, and utensil drop rate. There's a handy button that'll optimize what to display as well. With my set up I have +31 Luck, +6.4% Money Acquired, and +3.5% to utensil drop rate. I have stuff for my level, but I can only imagine it gets even bigger numbers from here.
Ho man I've been missing out! I never thought I would be playing Suzy home maker in Nioh Thanks!