Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 18, 2020, 03:47 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly **** you weren't kidding about Black Smithing. 35% to make a Purple Odachit, 6 tries later, not a single purple despite it being the highest percentage. What a waste of materials. ugh. Got three blues though which were 12% to make.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 03:52 PM   #122
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly **** you weren't kidding about Black Smithing. 35% to make a Purple Odachit, 6 tries later, not a single purple despite it being the highest percentage. What a waste of materials. ugh.
It's ridiculous to be honest. I get that they don't want players making end game weapons from the start, but come on ya know? I broke down a TON of purples, only to get the two lowest tiers weapons and armors after ~~~tries. That's pushing it really.

I will say this though, there are some well hidden and pretty powerful weapons out there. There's a couple of missions that have some really well hidden, and some very puzzling areas to get to...found some good stuff
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 06:46 PM   #123
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Welp, just got done with the Hot Howl mission which gave me a purple odachi pretty much at my level, then doing the Magatama mission for best girl Toyo I got the Yamababababababa knives at like level 43. So.... at least I got that going for me. Still wearing a vastly underleveled Sohaya armor set though. Bring it! Also, glad to see people are going back to Sloth spam, so many revenants using it. It lasts so long...

Wonder if doing the quest where you fight the guy with the Yokai slayer set would get him to drop the smithing tome for it. Since one of the guys wearing the Yokai annihilator set dropped the tome for that one for me.

Oh well, time to fiddle with my gear then off to main mission number 3 of region 2.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 18, 2020, 07:29 PM   #124
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Welp, just got done with the Hot Howl mission which gave me a purple odachi pretty much at my level, then doing the Magatama mission for best girl Toyo I got the Yamababababababa knives at like level 43. So.... at least I got that going for me. Still wearing a vastly underleveled Sohaya armor set though. Bring it! Also, glad to see people are going back to Sloth spam, so many revenants using it. It lasts so long...

Wonder if doing the quest where you fight the guy with the Yokai slayer set would get him to drop the smithing tome for it. Since one of the guys wearing the Yokai annihilator set dropped the tome for that one for me.

Oh well, time to fiddle with my gear then off to main mission number 3 of region 2.
I switched from the slayer to the annihilator set and actually stay alive now..

I got the texts for both sets, but you'll need to farm dwellers for mutated skin from their soul cores. Very frustrating getting purple, or even blue at the smith.

Funny thing - with the odds of getting purple at 5-10% the smith gave me 4 out of 5 purples for the annihilator set. Go figure
Old Mar 18, 2020, 08:15 PM   #125
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I think I'm staying away from the torii gate a bit. When...when you have to summon help, don't charge into the middle of 3-4 heavy hitting enemies and expect your summons to save you. Because the summons going to just die too...

I love helping someone out who knows how to teamwork, love it. The other extreme is just frustrating sometimes
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:27 PM   #126
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Finished the last region 3 main mission, time to mop up the extras.

Was a little humbling dropping a righteous jasper for the first time as a shits and giggles thing and finding out I'm only a difficulty 2 revenant. lol I mean, I am a scrub, but damn. Thanks Team Ninja for rubbing my face in it.

So wait, you get the mutated skin from the soul core? Or is it just a material drop like the jaws. Cause can't you just put the Kodama boon to 25% material drops and hope for the best?

Edit: And holy **** is The Viper and the Butterfly a horse**** mission. Not gonna lie, having to fight through two rounds and then immediately get one hit comboed when the guy spawns in is dumb. Gonna do a hard pass on that piece of **** mission for the time being.

Edit 2: lol, look at past me being all salty. Still, not a fun mission and I did end up passing it over, cause yeah. Haven't yelled at my TV that much since a few missions ago when I was doing a different endurance wave.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 19, 2020 at 01:08 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 03:19 AM   #127
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Finished the last region 3 main mission, time to mop up the extras.

Was a little humbling dropping a righteous jasper for the first time as a shits and giggles thing and finding out I'm only a difficulty 2 revenant. lol I mean, I am a scrub, but damn. Thanks Team Ninja for rubbing my face in it.

So wait, you get the mutated skin from the soul core? Or is it just a material drop like the jaws. Cause can't you just put the Kodama boon to 25% material drops and hope for the best?

Edit: And holy **** is The Viper and the Butterfly a horse**** mission. Not gonna lie, having to fight through two rounds and then immediately get one hit comboed when the guy spawns in is dumb. Gonna do a hard pass on that piece of **** mission for the time being.

Edit 2: lol, look at past me being all salty. Still, not a fun mission and I did end up passing it over, cause yeah. Haven't yelled at my TV that much since a few missions ago when I was doing a different endurance wave.
Doing a resting rite on a dweller soul core was the only place I ever got that mutated skin. I'm sure there's others lol, but I couldn't find them.

The Viper and the Butterfly I let a few choice words fly over that yeah, but after it was over I realized I learned something new. That idiot that spawns in is so easy if you can block/parry/dodge his hits.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 04:59 AM   #128
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Ok first main boss in the Shadow region down - I tried it once earlier and just managed chip damage. Updated my gear and tweaked everything as noted earlier and this guy was actually pretty easy this time.

Yellowbeard - the RNG peeps dropped Sohoya gear (both armor sets) left and right in this mission, lots of purples as well, and most of it higher level than what I have.

Also got some really sweet weapons.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 04:12 PM   #129
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Good to hear my chosen gear set drops in spades later on!

Also, it's great that this became relevant again a few missions ago

First main mission in Region 3 done-zo, time to see keep on keeping on!

Old Mar 19, 2020, 05:27 PM   #130
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Good to hear my chosen gear set drops in spades later on!

Also, it's great that this became relevant again a few missions ago

First main mission in Region 3 done-zo, time to see keep on keeping on!
That's the mission I re-visited and just kept on finding things I missed before. I'm in the last main mission of region 3 - for some reason I thought I was in region 4 earlier - senior moment

So far I am loving this game, difficulty and all. I'm glad I kept the Tonfa build too. I almost nerdgasmed the first time I staggered and punished a boss.

My one thing, the one item I'm really disappointed with it the reuse of a large number of enemies from the first game. That problem is mine though because it makes perfect sense to have them here.

Some of the combos and finishers though...just
Old Mar 19, 2020, 06:03 PM   #131
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Old Mar 19, 2020, 06:50 PM   #132
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Probably should update as I just got out a mission then.

Also, dropped my grave in front of the boss in the Twilight mission. Always fun coming back from a mission to see "Your grave has helped X people. Have some Glory, Cups, and Blue Jasper." :3

Also also, just had the Gard smithing text drop for me last mission as well.

Also also also, you can pick up Mutated Skin in the Hidden Teahouse for glory, just an alternate. I mean, ain't cheap at 700, but... it's an option.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 19, 2020 at 07:31 PM. Reason: You're your, I'm smrt!
Old Mar 19, 2020, 07:27 PM   #133
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Ugh, I have to do the twilight mission. Thanks for the tip on the mutated skin, although I have been running into nothing but dwellers lately. Go away grrr.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 08:35 AM   #134
Lazy8s
One day at a time

You know the gameplay is good when you start to take battles personally

I've got 3 graves out there and I think mine are being used to farm revenants mostly. I'm getting a ton of glory, but few ochoko cups, which is fine. More than enugh to buy cups if I need them.

I tried a phantom GS again. Nope, don't like it. I may go feral once more to see if I can improve my skill with it, but so far Brute is the best.

The Magara Naotaka boss fight was SO satisfying. It took 2 runs, but man that was fun. I love NTs take on bosses
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:54 AM   #135
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Ok, first impressions, this game is seriously unforgiving
I'm running dex/skill build (Kusarigama / dual blades), hoping my CV & BB instincts carry through the worst of the learning curve.
just up to cleansing the first shrine, I suspect the lvl grinding will definitely, reduce the initial pain wall involved in this game's initial stages.

But definitely a massive improvement over Nioh1, seems to have a lot more fun to it, than grindy tedium.
EDIT: & the opportunity to recreate Ayame (from Tenchu) is a bonus to the atmosphere.
UPDATE: Essentially, this game is similar to NG+ difficulty spike initially, but with a bit of grind the difficulty ramps down very quickly, the moment you start getting gear and skills.

Also I made the mistake of playing offline, the moment you start you using the companions it's alot easier.

Really enjoying it still though.
I dreamt you were a cat.
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:09 PM   #136
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Make sure to leave your own beneficial graves as well. The glory and cups they collect are worth the 2 seconds it takes to drop one.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 06:09 PM   #137
Lazy8s
One day at a time

3 player co-op is ridiculous. I joined a party, all 3 of us died about 10 minutes in. I'm in the same area now solo, and it's actually fairly easy.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 06:51 PM   #138
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Went back to do the Viper and Butterfly... ugh. Switchglaive enemies are the worst, their attacks wreck ki while you block and that stupid dirt move that just opens you up. Either way, that's done with. Figured I should finish it off to get the GS.

At the boss in the second main mission in Shadow. Despite my Odachi having like 500+ attack it feels like it barely does any damage all the while leaving me open a bunch cause of how long it takes to swing. Also the amount of Ki damage it did seems to have been nerfed heavily since the first game. Could just be me though. It's kind of a bummer that a lot of the tricks you get with skills don't work against non humans. Oh well...

Anyways, went to go play some Animal Crossing after my last attempt, cause lol.

Old Mar 20, 2020, 08:31 PM   #139
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Is that the Monsters of Okehama mission? (sp?) That was a bit rough on me too, but I never had issues using skills on yokai, rely on them pretty heavily.

Ki pulses are key for me though. They thickened up the yokai's ki pools big time in this one, and it's gotten me killed a few times.

I'm in the first mission in Dawn, 4th region. It's been interesting so far, but not my favorite level.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 09:13 PM   #140
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Nah, it's the Corpse one. Dude with the Ice Odachi that I want. I guess it's just hard trying to figure out what Yokai you can use some of the parry skills against and which ones you just eat **** for trying to parry.

Like using one of my Odachi parries on the big dude on the bridge, it parrys the attack, but the followup attack that's part of the skill I basically eat the guys next attack cause there is zero stagger with the deflection like there should be. So I'm locked into an animation that he just attacks through. It's kind of frustrating.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, **** this boss with a rusty fork. Also, Yokai shift is entirely underwhelming in this game. Which is weird that it's supposed to be such a big focus but it lasts for less time than the LW of past games and doesn't buff damage nearly enough, and yes I am paying attention to the attack power of soul cores. Use it on a boss and die? Have fun spending a half hour refilling the gauge again!

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 20, 2020 at 11:29 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:21 PM   #141
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Nah, it's the Corpse one. Dude with the Ice Odachi that I want. I guess it's just hard trying to figure out what Yokai you can use some of the parry skills against and which ones you just eat **** for trying to parry.
Ah - you need to be in yokai form to parry yokai. It's called fang break and it's a little dodgy to be honest. Much easier to just burst counter, dodge and beat into oblivion lol.

edit: I forgot to mention to go to the yokai based dojo missions for it. I can't remember which one it was under - think it was brute though....

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 21, 2020 at 04:57 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 08:50 AM   #142
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Make sure to leave your own beneficial graves as well. The glory and cups they collect are worth the 2 seconds it takes to drop one.
Noted: Good point, I've just found out how to, using the Righteous Jasper.
I dreamt you were a cat.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:55 PM   #143
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I'll tell you guys - When you run into Kasha, tell her to just **** right off

Had to get that off my chest. 6 runs at a boss is just stupid.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 02:55 PM   #144
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
I'll tell you guys - When you run into Kasha, tell her to just **** right off

Had to get that off my chest. 6 runs at a boss is just stupid.
hah, I've been bouncing off Enenera for about 4hrs and still not past him!
As for the AI companions..."can you please stop just standing in corner staring at me,with your hands in your pockets, while i'm being bounced from here to there and back again".
..tomorrow, I'll break through, I figure.
I dreamt you were a cat.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 03:05 PM   #145
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
hah, I've been bouncing off Enenera for about 4hrs and still not past him!
As for the AI companions..."can you please stop just standing in corner staring at me,with your hands in your pockets, while i'm being bounced from here to there and back again".
..tomorrow, I'll break through, I figure.
Enenera was the hardest early game boss for me lol. I 'hired' an NPC for this Kasha fight thinking it would help because they can be great for buying you time, but nope.

iirc Enenra was a 5 or 6 run boss for me too, but it was a matter of learning movesets and managing ki with him. This bitch just beat my ass into the floor no matter what I tried. Going by the blue graves though...I may have been under leveled for the fight.

Hopefully the next one lets me regain some modicum of self respect
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:07 PM   #146
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Enenera was the hardest early game boss for me lol. I 'hired' an NPC for this Kasha fight thinking it would help because they can be great for buying you time, but nope.

iirc Enenra was a 5 or 6 run boss for me too, but it was a matter of learning movesets and managing ki with him. This bitch just beat my ass into the floor no matter what I tried. Going by the blue graves though...I may have been under leveled for the fight.

I dunno what you're complaining about. Enenra was a pussy when I fought him.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:09 PM   #147
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

So even with 10 in Courage and having no points in Tonfa I'm consistently doing better against this boss than with an Odachi. I can actually block attacks and I do more damage to his Ki, it's kinda dumb.

Also Auto Grave Recovery is hilarious. "Oh damn, this boss sucks" *equip enough accessories to get 30% or so* *suicide run at boss until you resurrect with your GS and amrita back*

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 21, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:20 PM   #148
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I dunno what you're complaining about. Enenra was a pussy when I fought him.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:20 PM   #149
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:

Agreed this one seems to be all about managing Ki and use of water, because paralysis and poison certainly don't work, also I've been using tonfas, rather than the Kusarigama which i'm spec'd up for, essentially this means my tonfas have been the equivalent of hitting him with rolled up newspapers.
I dreamt you were a cat.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:22 PM   #150
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
So even with 10 in Courage and having no points in Tonfa I'm consistently doing better against this boss than with an Odachi. I can actually block attacks and I do more damage to his Ki, it's kinda dumb.

Also Auto Grave Recovery is hilarious. "Oh damn, this boss sucks" *equip enough accessories to get 30% or so* *suicide run at boss until you resurrect with your GS and amrita back*
Tonfa are OP at this point - kind of...they're consistently the best weapon against all enemies that I've used yet. I'm hitting for about 650 dmg with 50 in Courage.

I did stumble across a major change though. Weapons have a soul match level limit on them now. I can't upgrade my lvl 76 bone spirit tonfa any more and haven't found viable replacements yet.