Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 8, 2020, 08:50 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

lol, was one mission away from the Revanants I was thinking about. Got to the mission where the starting town is on fire and you have the flaming yokai wheels to take out. Bunch of Revenants decked out in Warrior of the West sets and what not. Feels kinda cheap.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2020, 03:59 AM   #32
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You know, the warrior of the west set not being available any more just might be one of the best things about Nioh 2

Solid stats for NG, but geez man, I hate it lol.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2020, 05:20 PM   #33
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Man it'll be good getting in on the ground floor for revenants. Always fun to see what people roll with. Just did a mission and it was just a sea of Warrior of the West. You ****ers give me something different! lol At least get an upgraded sword so I can upgrade mine. First area cleared in a new playthrough. Skipping the duel for the dual lightning puppies for now. I'll never not say **** that guy. The heat seeking Iai bastard.

So close, but so far away. Just unlock the game already and surprise us all.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 9, 2020, 07:46 PM   #34
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Man it'll be good getting in on the ground floor for revenants. Always fun to see what people roll with. Just did a mission and it was just a sea of Warrior of the West. You ****ers give me something different! lol At least get an upgraded sword so I can upgrade mine. First area cleared in a new playthrough. Skipping the duel for the dual lightning puppies for now. I'll never not say **** that guy. The heat seeking Iai bastard.

So close, but so far away. Just unlock the game already and surprise us all.

I just crafted a full fanatics set, running with Suzaku and just wrecked Sekigahara and the Source of Evil - I love that level for the revenants and the amrita farming.

I can't wait to see what areas they set up in 2 - 3 more days and I have the day off lol.

edit: I just did one of the side missions too - squirming sprite I think? Loaded with Tengu, so there were graves everywhere lol. Yep, ALL warrior the west
Old Mar 10, 2020, 09:13 AM   #35
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

It's funny you guys mention this Warrior of the West gear set because that's all I've got at this point. But I'm only a little level 30 lowbie. So maybe it doesn't matter. I'm just glad to have a set of something that matches.

Yesterday I found a mission that took me to a graveyard where undead just kept spawning. I'm guessing this is like a horde mode encounter where I just have to keep at it and survive until the end? After a few tries at that I went somewhere else, found a nice little encounter with an open field and a dude who just wrecked me by himself. I feel like I mostly have him figured out, I just can't seem to execute without ****ing something up at some point.

Now I'm just tooling around in a silver mine. Still really liking the game so far. And my sword has lightning on it so that's cool.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 09:28 AM   #36
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
It's funny you guys mention this Warrior of the West gear set because that's all I've got at this point. But I'm only a little level 30 lowbie. So maybe it doesn't matter. I'm just glad to have a set of something that matches.

Yesterday I found a mission that took me to a graveyard where undead just kept spawning. I'm guessing this is like a horde mode encounter where I just have to keep at it and survive until the end? After a few tries at that I went somewhere else, found a nice little encounter with an open field and a dude who just wrecked me by himself. I feel like I mostly have him figured out, I just can't seem to execute without ****ing something up at some point.

Now I'm just tooling around in a silver mine. Still really liking the game so far. And my sword has lightning on it so that's cool.
The warrior of the west set is actually a really good set stat wise. Team Ninja just gave a lot of options for dedicated builds and it's kind of a running joke that so many people use it that it's hard to find other sets. If you go to your menu and choose a piece of armor, then hit....l2 I think?? it flips the screen and tells you all the buffs you can get with that set.

I can't for the life of me think of a graveyard with undead spawning though....do you mean the graves spawning player NPCs? If so you're probably in Kanbei and the Overlord - there's a certain yokai that spawns enemy players until you kill it....you'll hear it before you see it
Old Mar 10, 2020, 09:34 AM   #37
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
The warrior of the west set is actually a really good set stat wise. Team Ninja just gave a lot of options for dedicated builds and it's kind of a running joke that so many people use it that it's hard to find other sets. If you go to your menu and choose a piece of armor, then hit....l2 I think?? it flips the screen and tells you all the buffs you can get with that set.
Okay, that makes sense because it's all I seem to get off Revenants. I think I understand what you're talking about now. Last time I played (I keep saying last night but it might've been Sunday), there was a 44 ish revenant that I brought down who dropped 3 pieces of purple gear, all Warrior of the West stuff. I really wish this game had set bonuses on this gear, I'd be set. I love the way the Shinobi gear looks. Does the blacksmith option to make a piece of gear look like another piece of gear destroy the appearance gear you use?

Quote:
I can't for the life of me think of a graveyard with undead spawning though....do you mean the graves spawning player NPCs? If so you're probably in Kanbei and the Overlord - there's a certain yokai that spawns enemy players until you kill it....you'll hear it before you see it
Uh, I took a boat across to another area, and it's one of two places that unlocked. Something with Graveyard in the name I think? It's in the top right. You spawn in and the little ankle biter zombies start spawning, then the Yokai, then they just keep getting bigger and there are more of them.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Mar 10, 2020, 09:41 AM   #38
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Okay, that makes sense because it's all I seem to get off Revenants. I think I understand what you're talking about now. Last time I played (I keep saying last night but it might've been Sunday), there was a 44 ish revenant that I brought down who dropped 3 pieces of purple gear, all Warrior of the West stuff. I really wish this game had set bonuses on this gear, I'd be set. I love the way the Shinobi gear looks. Does the blacksmith option to make a piece of gear look like another piece of gear destroy the appearance gear you use?
Yep, some gear has massive set bonuses. That's the hitting L2 I mentioned. It flips the screen and tells you what you will get for bonuses (if that set has bonuses) and what stats you need to get all of them.

And yes, look up 'refashion' at the blacksmith. You keep the armor and all it's perks, but get the look you want

Quote:
Uh, I took a boat across to another area, and it's one of two places that unlocked. Something with Graveyard in the name I think? It's in the top right. You spawn in and the little ankle biter zombies start spawning, then the Yokai, then they just keep getting bigger and there are more of them.
I'm having a senior moment

I'll have to check when I get home because I am drawing a complete blank. You've got me wondering if there's a challenge I completely missed.

edit: Are you talking about Guardian of the Underworld? You're in a small area by the ocean, minor yokai warp in, then bigger and bigger?

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 10, 2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 09:57 AM   #39
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, Warrior of the West is good. It's just... all I see and I'm trying to avoid it in this run. lol, eventually you'll start seeing, I think, the Red Demon set start popping up on revenants. At this point, set wise, I think you should be able to craft the Raging Bull set (Heavy) or the Tacticians set (Light). Right now I'm running a mix of med/light to stay in the blue for my weight. Though I do have pieces of the Warrior of the West set earmarked as a backup.

Yeah, you seem to be where I am in my new run shrike. I just finished the silver mine last night.

Yeah, pretty sure it's the Guardian of the Underworld quest. Has the mage lady on the quest page. Starts out low and ramps up, it's an endurance fight. When you first get to the second area it's either that quest or the silver mine.

Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:21 AM   #40
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Here's a solid list of armor set bonuses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/commen...f_set_bonuses/

I'm back at the final mission before the dlc - it's been a refreshing NG run. Using weapons I avoided before like dual swords and Katanas + a healthy dose of magic.

I won't beat the dlc before the new game drops because screw you dlc balancing and kick my ass....but I'll have some done.

Oh Shrike - if you haven't picked up on it yet, you can go back to any mission you've completed and play it all over again, boss fight and all just like it's the first time.

Great for amrita farming.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:21 AM   #41
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Yep, some gear has massive set bonuses. That's the hitting L2 I mentioned. It flips the screen and tells you what you will get for bonuses (if that set has bonuses) and what stats you need to get all of them.

And yes, look up 'refashion' at the blacksmith. You keep the armor and all it's perks, but get the look you want

I'm having a senior moment

I'll have to check when I get home because I am drawing a complete blank. You've got me wondering if there's a challenge I completely missed.

edit: Are you talking about Guardian of the Underworld? You're in a small area by the ocean, minor yokai warp in, then bigger and bigger?
When do armor sets start to drop? Or is Warrior of the West a set armor with set bonuses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Yeah, Warrior of the West is good. It's just... all I see and I'm trying to avoid it in this run. lol, eventually you'll start seeing, I think, the Red Demon set start popping up on revenants. At this point, set wise, I think you should be able to craft the Raging Bull set (Heavy) or the Tacticians set (Light). Right now I'm running a mix of med/light to stay in the blue for my weight. Though I do have pieces of the Warrior of the West set earmarked as a backup.

Yeah, you seem to be where I am in my new run shrike. I just finished the silver mine last night.

Yeah, pretty sure it's the Guardian of the Underworld quest. Has the mage lady on the quest page. Starts out low and ramps up, it's an endurance fight. When you first get to the second area it's either that quest or the silver mine.
Yup. That's the fight. Starts slow and seems to ramp up. After a death or two I hit the bailout button and figured I'd come back later. Went and did the silver mine instead.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:32 AM   #42
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
When do armor sets start to drop? Or is Warrior of the West a set armor with set bonuses?

Yup. That's the fight. Starts slow and seems to ramp up. After a death or two I hit the bailout button and figured I'd come back later. Went and did the silver mine instead.
You start getting armor sets right away. You just need to flip the screen like I've been saying to see what they are.

Go to your menu, as if you're going to change gear. Choose a piece of armor, hit either L2 or R2 (can't remember which lol) and the screen showing the gear will flip over. If it has a set bonus attached, you'll see it on the 3rd flip.

Try it with the warrior of the west armor. You'll know it when you see it.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:05 AM   #43
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Oh ****. I just assumed armor sets with set bonuses were their own special color like green or something like in Diablo. Alright I'll check this evening when I get home.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:10 AM   #44
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh ****. I just assumed armor sets with set bonuses were their own special color like green or something like in Diablo. Alright I'll check this evening when I get home.
Colors in this game just denote rarity. But even the most common drops can have really high dps. They're just not as many perks attached to them.

And while the set bonuses are constant, you can reforge the individual perks attached to each piece, unless it has the inheritable symbol or comes locked.

Great stuff. These guys put a ton of thought into everything re: combat and being able to tweak your gear.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:28 AM   #45
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Colors in this game just denote rarity. But even the most common drops can have really high dps. They're just not as many perks attached to them.

And while the set bonuses are constant, you can reforge the individual perks attached to each piece, unless it has the inheritable symbol or comes locked.

Great stuff. These guys put a ton of thought into everything re: combat and being able to tweak your gear.
Well ****. I completely missed that.

This game has a **** ton of stats and numbers to pay attention to. And here I am just trying to be all Last Samurai on these guys.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:34 AM   #46
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Well ****. I completely missed that.

This game has a **** ton of stats and numbers to pay attention to. And here I am just trying to be all Last Samurai on these guys.
Last Samurai standing is what it's all about lol.

If you haven't check out the videos I PMd you a few days ago. PWAR does an especially good job of explaining things at the blacksmith and how to get the most from your gear.

If you haven't tweaked your gear much or looked into the accessories you've picked up...the boss in the silver mine will make you want to. I hate that annoying little bastid lol
Old Mar 10, 2020, 01:18 PM   #47
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm late here and a lot has been covered, but if it's part of a set I believe the last line in the Special Effect for the item will be Set's Name in Green, it will also have a symbol next to it.

Couple more hours till it starts pre loading I think. Think it preloads 2 days early?

Old Mar 10, 2020, 01:23 PM   #48
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Last Samurai standing is what it's all about lol.

If you haven't check out the videos I PMd you a few days ago. PWAR does an especially good job of explaining things at the blacksmith and how to get the most from your gear.

If you haven't tweaked your gear much or looked into the accessories you've picked up...the boss in the silver mine will make you want to. I hate that annoying little bastid lol
See right now I've been prioritizing just grinding Amrita and unlocking skills for weapons. I figure once I reach a point where diminishing returns overwhelms me and I don't wanna grind anymore, I'll start digging into the forging and gear stuff. I watched both of the videos, and I don't sacrifice items to the Shrine anymore. Instead I just straight up dump my extra item drops into the dismantling process at the forge.

Is there any Nioh 2 early unlock for special edition purchases or anything?

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 10, 2020, 01:38 PM   #49
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
See right now I've been prioritizing just grinding Amrita and unlocking skills for weapons. I figure once I reach a point where diminishing returns overwhelms me and I don't wanna grind anymore, I'll start digging into the forging and gear stuff. I watched both of the videos, and I don't sacrifice items to the Shrine anymore. Instead I just straight up dump my extra item drops into the dismantling process at the forge.
That works. I did find that the modification process can net you huge attack gains. Look specifically for things like "Attack change to dexterity" or similar. when you get that on a weapon, your levelled points in say dexterity, are translated directly to damage output on the weapon. You will see the dps bump immediately.

Look for "Attack" on gauntlets which can be applied to all armor pieces as well.

keep in mind that reforging uses common materials, but can get you great perks like pierceguard. With all the blocking human opponents do in this game, that comes in super handy.

EDIT: Tempering can net you massive perks as well, but you need umbracite, which you get from the twilight missions to the left on the map, and I think from co-op as well.

Quote:
Is there any Nioh 2 early unlock for special edition purchases or anything?
Not that I'm aware of, just the usual assortment of 'nice to have stuff' like an armor set, themes etc.

I did preorder the deluxe edition (includes season pass) so I'll let ya know if anything pops up early.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:00 PM   #50
Lazy8s
One day at a time

2 should preload while I'm sleeping tomorrow night, and I'm off Friday

I'm trying new stuff on my last run through the first game and man, I suck at Tonfas. That final mission ....*Strong attack* > Over a cliff. *Dodge!* > over another cliff.....

I should probably learn the movesets in a safer area from now on lol
Old Mar 11, 2020, 05:22 PM   #51
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mine preloaded last night it seems

Man, I love tonfas. They are great for bullying, ki damage, and pretty decent blocking. They were my main last time around, I miss the ki pulse reposition skill that they have. I have a feeling tonfa are gonna be a lot more popular this time around, especially since the Ki recovery speed is tied to the tonfa stat. I'm also missing my magic from my first run too, but sacrifices for science must be made!

I've just kinda spread my points all over this time for this run, so if I pick up something fun I can use it no issue so far. Think my highest stat is Stamina right now Just got to the third region. Picked up Odachi for the first time, holy hell it's pretty fun. It's great to bully enemies and just wreck their ki. Oh no, a Yokai! *switch to high stance and just strong attack for easy horn breakage* Still haven't ventured into it's many "use at end of combo and switch stance" skill yet. That'll come and it's the one thing I never really got into was the fast stance switching mid fight. I'm already trying not to die here game! Stop making me think of even more mechanics.

Old Mar 11, 2020, 05:33 PM   #52
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Odachi is awesome against human enemies. Sometimes just smacking them in the skull over and over is so satisfying

I know I'll be using Tonfa in 2. I'll be checking out that switch glaive in depth too.

Right now I have an evil alchemist and a resurrected war lord to smack around

Crazy, but I love that level, that and the Source of evil. My jaw dropped when I saw them both the first time, like holy heck they want me to go in there?

EDIT: 2 may have preloaded for me too! The icon is now next to my Nioh 1 icon, and it wasn't before
Old Mar 11, 2020, 08:58 PM   #53
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

1 day 3 hours to go. Unlocks at midnight. Welp, know what I'm doing tomorrow night.

Just finished spider palace and the Odachi is still going strong. Saw the Snow level was the next one and died a little inside. Things have been going a lot smoother for me this time around though, I'm putting it on Nioh actually making me a better Souls player cause even going back to DS3 and Bloodborne after Nioh I was doing a lot better than previously.

I can't believe I didn't realize that the passives worked no matter which weapon you were using. I think it's mainly that the tonfa passives list tonfa in the description so I just extrapolated it on my first game. Played through the entire main campaign and still didn't figure some things out. Bet your ass I'm throwing points into axe this time around just to get the extra health.

I still can't break my light armor habit though.

Old Mar 12, 2020, 03:17 AM   #54
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Yeah passives work across the board. If 2 has the same scheme as 1 you'll want the mystic arts as well.

Plus the passives at the very bottom of each weapon tree. That melee perk just ups your damage output across all melee weapons. I hope it's in 2 because it just helps a ton.

I just did Falling Snow last night co-op. I love that level. Yuki-Onna

Still refining my last run at Demon King .... just having fun until I wake up for coffee and Nioh 2 tomorrow.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 09:23 AM   #55
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

It unlocks tonight, midnight EST? Anyone up for some Nioh 2 group action?

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 12, 2020, 09:30 AM   #56
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
It unlocks tonight, midnight EST? Anyone up for some Nioh 2 group action?
If I'm even awake lol. How come you never answer my Nioh 1 invites you tease
Old Mar 12, 2020, 09:35 AM   #57
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
If I'm even awake lol. How come you never answer my Nioh 1 invites you tease
What? I sent you a few invites last week that you ignored. I assumed you hated me now.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 12, 2020, 09:44 AM   #58
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
What? I sent you a few invites last week that you ignored. I assumed you hated me now.
Cereally? I never saw them, so I thought you were just wanting to tackle it solo.

I messaged you on the PS4 a few days ago, but didn''t want to seem pushy when you didn't respond. What am I doing wrong? < honest question - I'm not sure how to send an actual invite on it, or where to look for them either apparently lol.

help a brutha out here
Old Mar 12, 2020, 09:54 AM   #59
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Got to hit a job, but I'll do a search on how that works on PS4. I love co-op, especially in this game and it would be great to go in with a buddy rather randoms, even though some are great to team up with...
Old Mar 12, 2020, 09:55 AM   #60
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Cereally? I never saw them, so I thought you were just wanting to tackle it solo.

I messaged you on the PS4 a few days ago, but didn''t want to seem pushy when you didn't respond. What am I doing wrong? < honest question - I'm not sure how to send an actual invite on it, or where to look for them either apparently lol.

help a brutha out here
Yeah, though I think the last group invite I sent was on 3/4. Let's plan on playing today? Just let me know when you're on. I'm WFH today so aside from a meeting or two here or there for work, I'll be available.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote: