Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 30, 2020, 06:56 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Cool Modded N64-Handheld

that's pretty cool if you ask me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 08:01 AM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

That is pretty cool. People are doing amazing things with the faster tech and smaller hardware.

Is it just me, or did it look like that had some serious input lag?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:18 AM   #3
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That is pretty cool. People are doing amazing things with the faster tech and smaller hardware.

Is it just me, or did it look like that had some serious input lag?
Many n64 games ran 20fps or below, PAL 17fps or below, and they said it uses original hardware if I heard correctly.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:30 AM   #4
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm sure it controls terribly. Also he mentions his custom coding allows him to fully calibrate the Joycon sticks so no more drifting issues. Not sure how that is, you can calibrate the Joycons on a regular Switch console too yet it cannot fix the problem. If it was that simple to fix, just by software coding, wouldn't Nintendo have by now released a firmware update to fix that drift problem rather than fixing thousands or millions of Joycons for free?

Regardless this project seems more about just trying to build the smallest N64 handheld in existence just to prove he could do it, rather than actually building something that would be worth using.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:34 AM   #5
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Many n64 games ran 20fps or below, PAL 17fps or below, and they said it uses original hardware if I heard correctly.
Not low framerates. Input lag. He hits the joystick and there is a slight delay from actual screen movement/response.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:39 AM   #6
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The input lag does seem pretty terrible.

To be honest I have very little Nostalgia for early 3D games.

Early 3D is one of the fugliest of them all to be honest, I think NES games look better than early 3d

Alien Trilogy. and some JRPGS aside, (with scanlines) is about as much as I can stomach from that era .

Scanlines are a serious must though.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:40 AM   #7
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Did he actually just say "no more blowing on the cartridge to fix it."

Anyone worth their salt in retro gaming knows you are not supposed to blow in the carts to clean them, that makes it worse.

Quote:
Not low framerates. Input lag. He hits the joystick and there is a slight delay from actual screen movement/response.
If the framerate is low enough (like it can be on N64) it can give the appearance of input lag. Varies by game of course but some N64 games are pretty bad.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:42 AM   #8
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Did he actually just say "no more blowing on the cartridge to fix it."

Anyone worth their salt in retro gaming knows you are not supposed to blow in the carts to clean them, that makes it worse.

If the framerate is low enough (like it can be on N64) it can give the appearance of input lag. Varies by game of course but some N64 games are pretty bad.
Yeah, don't ever remember that being an issue and I played N64 games very recently. Strange.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:50 AM   #9
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Yeah, don't ever remember that being an issue and I played N64 games very recently. Strange.
Not sure exactly which part of the video you were referring to but at about 4:26 when he starts playing Turok Dinosaur Hunter that movement delay is exactly how the game actually is. I know because I have played that game to death. The movement is just naturally laggy.