Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:21 PM   #7831
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I really do wish they haven't nerfed the attachments to the scout heli No below radar. No laser.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:06 PM   #7832
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I really do wish they haven't nerfed the attachments to the scout heli No below radar. No laser.
I know that below radar is now a passive skill/perk. so once you unlock it, it's always on
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:12 PM   #7833
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradvan View Post
I know that below radar is now a passive skill/perk. so once you unlock it, it's always on
no way wow thanks for telling me. i just figured since you can't select it, it isn't on.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:27 AM   #7834
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:22 AM   #7835
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Had something very weird 2 days back:

-Origin logged in fine
-Pressed play on BF3
-Got a missing DLL error
-Repaired the game
-Pressed play on BF3
-Authentication error window popped up
-Reboot
-Start Origin
-Login error
-Suddenly the password is incorrect where it worked fine only minutes before...
-Again and again login error because of wrong password, logging into Battlelog however worked fine, but was unable to play because Origin didn't work...
-Clicked the retrieve password function link and got an e-mail
-Put original password back
-All working again
-
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:48 AM   #7836
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Meh. You bought an EA game and are getting screwed over and now you want sympathy? Ha. I hope your friend never gets his account back. People go through **** like this with every big EA game, and everyone just forgives them and continues to buy their crap.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:24 AM   #7837
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm one of the unlucky. I still get crashes everytime I play. So many infact I want to make a shortcut to kill the BF3 process, so I dont have to go through the whole process to get my desktop back
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:39 AM   #7838
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
I'm one of the unlucky. I still get crashes everytime I play. So many infact I want to make a shortcut to kill the BF3 process, so I dont have to go through the whole process to get my desktop back
Mine refuses to join a server the first time. I have to kill it and then come back every time. It works the second time, but never the first.

Stupid EA. I'm really pissed off about these FPS games in general right now COD Black Ops not having private rented servers, and the BS that is this game.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM   #7839
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Mine also occasionally freaks out and I have to kill the process and restart the game. Brand new install of my entire OS. Lol there are no bugs in this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:55 AM   #7840
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

i tried the new beta drivers from nv and the game just crashes on me, so i went back to the official ones. BUT since then now BF3 wont start on the first time, i got to end task it close origin and then start it up again. From there it works just fine. While in battlelog if i dont pass the "initialize" portion quickly thats when i know its going to hang on me. Not sure if its nv driver issues or the game its self, but somewhat frustrating. It happened before but when i reinstalled the game it was fine until these latest beta drivers. My bro's system which has ATi has never had any of these issues, i dunno im just grasping at straws now.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Oct 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:22 PM   #7841
Uber_Tiny

I created a FB page on this an I also sent out an email to my PR rep in EA. This kind of **** is inexcusable on any platform with any company. The fact that they, EA, contracts out what appears to be the lowest bid tech support is a show of just how greedy they are. I haven't played BF3 but a few times over the last few months because their system is so screwed up. I'm tired of having to change my password and then change it back just to sign in, I'm tired of a HORRIBLE netcode, I'm tired of waiting patiently and giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm tired of getting screwed over after I payed for a service.

Please spread this FB page around so that it can gain some traction - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Worst-...95409133897381
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:59 PM   #7842
pradvan
Sla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny View Post
I created a FB page on this an I also sent out an email to my PR rep in EA. This kind of **** is inexcusable on any platform with any company. The fact that they, EA, contracts out what appears to be the lowest bid tech support is a show of just how greedy they are. I haven't played BF3 but a few times over the last few months because their system is so screwed up. I'm tired of having to change my password and then change it back just to sign in, I'm tired of a HORRIBLE netcode, I'm tired of waiting patiently and giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm tired of getting screwed over after I payed for a service.

Please spread this FB page around so that it can gain some traction - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Worst-...95409133897381
Hey you got 4 likes already! You just need 999,996 more for them to notice
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:03 PM   #7843
Uber_Tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradvan View Post
Hey you got 4 likes already! You just need 999,996 more for them to notice
Hey look at that, you can count
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:07 PM   #7844
pradvan
Sla

Quote:
Hey look at that, you can count
that doesn't prove that i can count
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:36 PM   #7845
Uber_Tiny

And just that fast the issue has been resolved.

However, it still doesn't excuse the behavior by that support agent.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:06 PM   #7846
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

my origin password failed to work for no reason yesterday. Even though I logged in that morning - battlog and origin just wouldn't accept the correct information. pw change fixed it straight away though.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:38 PM   #7847
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
my origin password failed to work for no reason yesterday. Even though I logged in that morning - battlog and origin just wouldn't accept the correct information. pw change fixed it straight away though.

This happens to me every few days. Pretty annoying.
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:45 PM   #7848
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Does any reliable place have this for $10?

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:49 PM   #7849
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

for 10 dollars ?

Why for 10 dollars ?

And NO

Battlefield 3 is pretty awesome

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:21 AM   #7850
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It was $10 the other week because it was the 10 year anniversary of the BF series. I really doubt it will be that ow again til Christmas. I wish i would have picked up a few copies at that price...
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:15 PM   #7851
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
This happens to me every few days. Pretty annoying.
This happens all the effin time. I have to reset my password every week basically.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:50 PM   #7852
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

I keep getting this message. And one other where it says I've ran out of ram and make sure I have atleast a 512mb card to play. Any idea how i can fix this ****?

Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:05 PM   #7853
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

All valid complaints bud, however BF is a console-designed franchise now. I doubt anything gets passed for the PC that the consoles don't get. I think BF3 is stuck with the same shitty netcode until it dies. The only thing you can do is vote with your feet. Stop playing. Or refuse to buy their next title. Thats what I intend on doing. I haven't purchased a COD game in about 5 years (COD4 was my last), not since they did exactly what EA have done and screwed over the PC fanbase.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:10 PM   #7854
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

BF3 is a great game, MP is awesome. For the most part it works and i can deal with a hit that doesn't register from time to time. The core experience is awesome. The game is fun.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:23 PM   #7855
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The best part of the game is all the whining. Seems no matter what gun you use, people will bitch about it.

I just keep it up
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:32 PM   #7856
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
BF3 is a great game, MP is awesome. For the most part it works and i can deal with a hit that doesn't register from time to time. The core experience is awesome. The game is fun.
For all the bugs, crashes, password resets, bad netcode, and whatever else, the above is why i will continue sinking massive hours into BF3. I felt the same way about BC2 too. Close to when BF3 alpha was released though, BC2 was a pretty smooth experience.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:37 PM   #7857
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The other day I shot down the gunship with a tank
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:35 AM   #7858
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

The point I find frustrating is that I can accept programs have bugs, but this game/origin spits out exact the same error for different problems, making it a chore to fix...

Saturday I got a "Invalid License 0x0006" error And there are no less than 8 "normal" ways to try to fix this and still there are people who can't get it back to work besides using option 8, re-install windows...:

-Exit Origin, remove license file
-Exit Origin, remove downloadcache folder
-Uninstall and re-install Origin
-Run repair on BF3
-Un-install and re-install DX redist.
-Remove and re-install BF3
-Remove and re-install BF3 AND Origin
-Do all of the above using admin account

And offcourse it was the last option that worked for me, took 4 hours to fix this game...
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:07 AM   #7859
wonder squirrel
Godlike

I've discovered some new fun in this game. I play the Metro map alot and it tends to get one team locked down for a thorough base raping quite often. So, what to do when you cant get out of your own base?? Fire up Wall-E the EODbot and wreak havoc on the base raping offenders

The funny thing is, after you kill a person a couple times they get scared of the bot when it comes for them again and start jumping around, emptying their rifles at you and running away to reload as you zip around. Its like a seen from the movie jaws from the sharks point of view
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:07 PM   #7860
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

how can you get the eod bot through the gunfire of 32 players? o.O