Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:12 PM   #6331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The consensus seems to be around 1.3-1.4gb area..unless of course they are running a higher res. I guess I fall in line with that.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:31 PM   #6332
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I feel my time is nearing the end with this game. Primarily because every game you join the tickets are grossly imbalanced or the teams are massively imbalanced and there's never any true randomization of teams that occurs to make it competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:36 PM   #6333
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Also joining a friend is still hit and miss. You hope you join the right team, then you hope there are enough squads open so you can be together. The server browser still isn't winning my heart and mind.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:04 PM   #6334
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
I feel my time is nearing the end with this game. Primarily because every game you join the tickets are grossly imbalanced or the teams are massively imbalanced and there's never any true randomization of teams that occurs to make it competitive.
It DOES take a huge amount of effort to find a good game.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:36 AM   #6335
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yup most servers are very 1 sided, and this game is just no fun when you're on a crap team getting smashed.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:40 AM   #6336
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've had more close games than I have unbalanced by far. Often times to only a 1 ticket difference at the end...

I usually find a few servers I like then ONLY play on those.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:50 AM   #6337
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
I've had more close games than I have unbalanced by far. Often times to only a 1 ticket difference at the end...

I usually find a few servers I like then ONLY play on those.
you play on the 64 player ones right? i find those are generally more balanced than the 32 player ones.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:53 AM   #6338
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
you play on the 64 player ones right? i find those are generally more balanced than the 32 player ones.
Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I play 64.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:57 AM   #6339
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeh I play on the same few servers now which are generally good, but if they aren't populated it can be a bitch to find a decent game. If I join a server and 1 team is getting totally dominated I jump straight out and find another lol.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:28 AM   #6340
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Just the other day I had a 700 ticket match go down to 4 - 0

we lost
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:54 AM   #6341
demo
space cadet

I saw you the other day, thanks for the stats
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:16 AM   #6342
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
Close Quarters - Ziba Tower game play trailer.

This is gonna be worse than Metro.

I just LOVE the troll message at the end of that video .

It's almost like EA really hates us PC players

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:28 AM   #6343
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
But of course they get it one week early. After all, we owe the Playstation 3 for the success of the BF series, BF1942 through BF2142!
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:06 PM   #6344
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It isn't like they lied to us even before the game was released about PC being the lead platform or anything.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:06 PM   #6345
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Nobody is forcing you guys to buy the DLC. Why all the complaining.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:18 PM   #6346
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I just LOVE the troll message at the end of that video .

There is a PS3 exclusivity (this applies to both the expansion and updates). That's why the PS3 version is also getting the upcoming patch earlier. X360 owners are in the same boat with PC gamers. It's the same deal that Activision did with MS about MW3's updates and DLCs
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:18 PM   #6347
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Nobody is forcing you guys to buy the DLC. Why all the complaining.
The fact that such DLC even exists for a game titled BATTLEFIELD is bad enough for me. This is a new lowest of lows in the BF franchise for me and far worse than anything Bad Company 2 ever did.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:27 PM   #6348
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Battle-house 3 !
Battle-Room 4 !
Battle-porterpotty 5!

wtf

And i know they made a deal with PS3 , obviously. Pisses me off as well, obviously.

Oh , one more thing that really makes me mad .... They couldn't make the house big enough for 32 players ? Not even that >?

8 vs 8 ? Really ? Really guys ?

What the FFUUUCKKK is this sh& t .

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"

Last edited by g-a-m-e : Mar 25, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:40 PM   #6349
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
The fact that such DLC even exists for a game titled BATTLEFIELD is bad enough for me. This is a new lowest of lows in the BF franchise for me and far worse than anything Bad Company 2 ever did.
fair point. price is gonna be the determining factor, and new maps are always enjoyable for me if i like the general game mechanics. hopefully would be around 10-15 bucks. the vehicle DLC is the one most are looking forward to i think
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:47 PM   #6350
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I would buy/play an infantry only dlc, I'm not so sure about the close quarters part though, bf3 is too spammy for that.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:52 PM   #6351
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I would buy/play an infantry only dlc, I'm not so sure about the close quarters part though, bf3 is too spammy for that.
Yeh its going to be like that cod map, I forgot the name but you know the one with 2 houses..

Ghey ass EA, should be free map packs.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:05 PM   #6352
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

In game UAV is missing from these maps. That's the problem in a nutshell. Take a look at this karkand video. It's clear that it creates several front lines that allow you to position yourself between your team and the other team. This gives you some idea of how to go about completing objectives. Without a UAV you don't know if it's best to go straight for the flag or flank. Also the mini map in BF2 was very useful.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 25, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:21 PM   #6353
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
In game UAV is missing from these maps. That's the problem in a nutshell. Take a look at this karkand video. It's clear that it creates several front lines that allow you to position yourself between your team and the other team..
They have those. It called MAV.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:00 PM   #6354
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
They have those. It called MAV.
They do? I've not seen a consistent UAV sweep of where the other team is for 10 or so seconds on the mini map. I've seen people spot others...I've seen people firing weapons being spotted but not much else. What I'm talking about is an unmanned, unassisted scan of an area that allows you to see a cluster of the enemy on the mini map. MAV doesn't do that. Neither does the other spotted abilities in game. I could ask the other team to all start shooting random so I can see them on the mini map .

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 25, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:16 PM   #6355
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
They do? I've not seen a consistent UAV sweep of where the other team is for 10 or so seconds on the mini map. I've seen people spot others...I've seen people firing weapons being spotted but not much else. What I'm talking about is an unmanned, unassisted scan of an area that allows you to see a cluster of the enemy on the mini map. MAV doesn't do that. Neither does the other spotted abilities in game. I could ask the other team to all start shooting random so I can see them on the mini map .
Yeah it kinda does, you get a MAV, drive it up on the roof top of highly trafficked area and let it sit and just do your thing. Anybody who moves in range will show up as Doritos on the mini map. If you like you can use TUGS instead, it's smaller profile allows you to hide it a bit easier behind objects but you have to pick it up to move it. If you have a couple of recons doing spotting like this it gives the front line troops an edge.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:34 PM   #6356
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Yeah it kinda does, you get a MAV, drive it up on the roof top of highly trafficked area and let it sit and just do your thing. Anybody who moves in range will show up as Doritos on the mini map. If you like you can use TUGS instead, it's smaller profile allows you to hide it a bit easier behind objects but you have to pick it up to move it. If you have a couple of recons doing spotting like this it gives the front line troops an edge.
What if all I want to do is look at my map and just auto spawn a UAV that auto spots players within a certain radius for a limited duration? Does that really sound the same based on what you just described? There is a pretty big time gap between deploying UAV vs mav/tugs. And provides maximum coverage with only one device vs multiple devices based on which flags your team has. A UAV is deployable any where on the map and doesn't require you to travel to that part of the map to use it. In BF2 it was used at the very start of the match. This was important because this set the tone of where the battle line would be.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 25, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:43 PM   #6357
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Only reason I'm not a fan of these DLCs is that they fragment the community. It can already be tricky enough getting into a good server.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:31 PM   #6358
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Only reason I'm not a fan of these DLCs is that they fragment the community. It can already be tricky enough getting into a good server.
exactly.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:51 PM   #6359
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
What if all I want to do is look at my map and just auto spawn a UAV that auto spots players within a certain radius for a limited duration? Does that really sound the same based on what you just described? There is a pretty big time gap between deploying UAV vs mav/tugs. And provides maximum coverage with only one device vs multiple devices based on which flags your team has. A UAV is deployable any where on the map and doesn't require you to travel to that part of the map to use it. In BF2 it was used at the very start of the match. This was important because this set the tone of where the battle line would be.
UAV was deployed by commanders and commanders are gone. It wasn't auto deployed like you described. MAV and UAV are basically the same except MAV don't detect silent units (I think) unless the operator spot them. You can have many MAV while UAV you had one per minute.

I guess what you want here is more the return of commanders spotting abilities than relying on recons units which is totally different.

Last edited by JonZ : Mar 25, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:00 PM   #6360
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Sounds like you just want easy mode...

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote