Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:04 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Taturana can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaturana can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaturana can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default World Cup 2018

Didn't see a thread, so I'm starting one.

Slow first game (Russia x Saudi Arabia), but I was not expecting a 5x0 game. And some beautiful goals too.
Taturana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:16 PM   #2
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Those Putin shots were so awkward last two goals were world class.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 01:10 PM   #3
huskylord
Rocket Man

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Russian women should avoid sex with non-white foreign men during the football World Cup because they could become single mothers to mixed-race children, a senior lawmaker in Moscow said on Wednesday.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ian-politician

ps...GO CROATIA GO
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 14, 2018, 05:27 PM   #4
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Taturana can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaturana can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaturana can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Fun fact about the game today, it is the opening game in a World Cup with the largest score ever. The game that had this position was BrazilxMexico in 1950 (4x0). And since 1958 no opening game has ever had a score with more than 2 goals of difference.

-----------

Nevermind, I was mislead by the TV commentators. The score was the same from BrazilxMexico in 1954 (5x0), the largest score was ItalyxUSA (7x1) in 1934, but I don't think that counts as an opening game because several games were played at the same time. The info about the 2 goals difference is correct, SwitzerlandxMexico (3x0) in 1958.

Last edited by Taturana : Jun 14, 2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:37 AM   #5
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

We play France tomorrow night.

Our odds of winning are 9%
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2018, 02:02 PM   #6
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ronaldo has shown up this time.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2018, 07:41 PM   #7
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Highlights of today (and an FU to FIFATv that doesn't like embedded links ).

Uruguay x Egypt

Suarez was in a really bad day. I thought Salah was going to cry when Uruguay scored.

Morocco x Iran

Bad luck for Morocco.

Porugal x Spain

Cristiano was decisive when he was really needed, but he was not really there for most of the game. His last goal was fantastic. Nacho's goal too was really beautiful. Anyone who has ever played football to have the chance to hit a ball like that is just too good.

Last edited by Taturana : Jun 15, 2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 06:54 AM   #8
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

RIP 2 to 1
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:04 AM   #9
mercs2007
Radeon HD 6870

mercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Goddamn! A hat trick in the world cup.. Insane! Cristiano is good af.
mercs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:33 PM   #10
Silent-Runner
simply indescribable

Silent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"If you must blink, do it now" Kubo

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:37 PM   #11
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
I was just on my way here to post this.

dick
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 01:09 PM   #12
Silent-Runner
simply indescribable

Silent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I was just on my way here to post this.

dick
well, i guess you have to be faster then, grandpa

"If you must blink, do it now" Kubo

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 06:09 PM   #13
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Argentina and Island tied? Wow...

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 08:03 PM   #14
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

France x Australia was ok I guess, but I was expecting more from France. Good defense on Australia's side. A good match to test the VAR apparently.

Messi even tried, he was very active during the match, but today was not his day. Kudos to Iceland, first match in a World Cup, first goal, no loss.

It was not Cueva's day for Peru, the penalty he missed was in Baggio's level of weirdness (Brazil x Italy, 1994, for those who don't know who Baggio is). I only saw the first half and heard the second half, from what I saw and heard it seemed that Peru was playing better than Denmark.

Go Croatia! I expected Croatia's win. No surprise there. Nigeria has a very young team, maybe that was a minor problem for them.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 08:10 PM   #15
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hard loss against Denmark, the ball just didn't want to get in...

BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | ASUS Strix Geforce GTX1080 8GB @2063/10010Mhz | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + CM Storm Sirus | Logitech G105 + Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE + LG DVD-RAM DL | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming GT | Intel Core i7 4790K + Corsair Hydro H100 | Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600 | Dell U2713HM 27" | 2 x XFX Radeon R9-290X Black Edition 4GB Crossfire | Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 + Thermaltake SP-850M | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:06 PM   #16
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Germany looked like crap and earned that big "L" today.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2018, 03:10 PM   #17
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Good win for Serbia, bad loss for Costa Rica.

Definitely wasn't expecting Germany loss today. Mexico played really well too.

For Brazil's game against Switzerland, I think a tie was fair enough for what the match was. But I still think that Zuber did commit a fault in Miranda, he kept pushing Miranda, not letting him jump. And there was the penalty in Gabriel Jesus that the referee discard the VAR, he was literally hugged. And today was not Neymar's day either, he kept losing the ball, did some bad plays.

Added Brazil x Switzerland match highlights. Coutinho's goal was quite beautiful too.

Last edited by Taturana : Jun 17, 2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 08:19 PM   #18
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Mexico played against Germany as if it was the final. Great energy. They lost on possession but were destroying Germany on the break. I don’t know how so many Mexico fans made the trip to Russia as they were incredible the entire match. Plus even the crowd watching in Berlin was 25% Mexico fans. The video from Germany of a bunch of Mexico fans erupting when they scored had to be super painful to all German fans. Let’s see if the team and fans can keep this level of energy for all their matches.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 08:40 PM   #19
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The last two World Cup champs didn't make it out of the group stage - not sure Germany will either. They looked like a team that expected to win as soon as they stepped on the pitch.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 AM   #20
monly
Tsar Bomba

monly is still being judged by the masses

I think England will make it out of the group stages just about then we will be out. So far I'd say mexico has played the best although we are right at the start so that can all change. Strange not seeing Italy around.
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by monly View Post
So far I'd say mexico has played the best although we are right at the start so that can all change.
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #22
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by monly View Post
I think England will make it out of the group stages just about then we will be out. So far I'd say mexico has played the best although we are right at the start so that can all change. Strange not seeing Italy around.
I hate to admit it, but Spain looked a lot more like their old selves in their match against Portugal. Ronaldo stood up to them with an amazing game. But, I don't see too many other teams slowing them down. Regardless, I did love the energy from Mexico. Can they keep it up?