Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:23 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Good news but a mistake from Sony imo, the never to be ported exclusives were a big part of a PlayStation brand.

Personally, since I don't mind to wait, I might never buy another ps again, and I had plans to buy 5 on release. Anyway, will happily put PS5 money into a gpu, long live PC the king.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 09:39 AM   #32
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Rumor has it that the PS4 exclusive title, Dreams (made by Media Molecule (a Sony owned Studio)), has the go-ahead from Sony for a PC release.

Sony Reportedly Has Plans to Port More Console Exclusives to PC, Including Dreams

"According to Eurogamer’s Tom Phillips, SIE has plans to release more console exclusives on PC going forward, and hinted that Media Molecule’s Dreams will be one of them.

Former PlayStation Worldwide Studios Chairman Shawn Layden also hinted that SIE is considering releasing its games on multiple platforms in an interview with Bloomberg last August." (source)

(source)

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:58 PM   #33
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRavens Nest can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRavens Nest can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Good news but a mistake from Sony imo, the never to be ported exclusives were a big part of a PlayStation brand.

Personally, since I don't mind to wait, I might never buy another ps again, and I had plans to buy 5 on release. Anyway, will happily put PS5 money into a gpu, long live PC the king.
I totally agree, I hardly use my PS4, only for exclusives so maybe no ps5 later for me either
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 19, 2020, 03:47 PM   #34
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Maybe they're discovering PC gaming is profitable after all, after those years of "doom and gloom".

The people who buy $399 or $499 Playstations aren't going to be the same people that build $1500 gaming PC's for the most part, so they aren't going to lose sales, and in fact will gain sales because they will still have their dedicated console fanbase and high end PC gamers on top as cherry.

Low end PC gamers (like KAC) who can't afford or unwilling to buy $800+ video cards won't be able to take advantage of high resolutions, more effects, etc anyways.. so will play the game on a console. No lost sale for Sony for their first party title.

It's a win/win for Sony, as it already is a win/win for MS. Xbox sales are still strong despite pretty much every game being cross platform, and they've discovered better ways to make money via Xbox gamepass.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 03:55 PM   #35
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Low end PC gamers (like KAC) who can't afford or unwilling to buy $800+ video cards won't be able to take advantage of high resolutions, more effects, etc anyways.. so will play the game on a console. No lost sale for Sony for their first party title.
to be fair im sure he would spend 800 rupees as long as he could re-negotiate the sales taxes
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 07:11 PM   #36
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Dreams will probably come to PC because it has zero hype on PS4. That game is going to tank like Project Spark.

I do think Sony will keep some exclusives, like Last of Us and Uncharted. Uncharted collection would sell pretty well on PC though.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 07:24 PM   #37
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Dreams will probably come to PC because it has zero hype on PS4. That game is going to tank like Project Spark.

I do think Sony will keep some exclusives, like Last of Us and Uncharted. Uncharted collection would sell pretty well on PC though.
Strangely enough, Naughty Dog are looking for someone to work in TLOU2, who has experience with graphics technology for nVidia as well as AMD. With the Playstation 4 and 5 having nothing to do with nVidia, that's remarkable.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:19 PM   #38
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Te only reason sony is doing this is because the ps4 was profitable. The ps5 probably will be too. Usually consoles are not very profitable and they use exclusives to sell unit so they can sell more games because the games are where they make the money back. I take this as a sign that they arent so worried about whether or not the ps5 will sell, and or that they already made their profits back from game sales so now ps4 games on pc are just pure profit.

It's unlikely for another console to have the same life span of profits like the PlayStation 2 or xbox original did. So why not get some more money elsewhere. Especially when any ports of these games will be bare minimum, as they wouldnt have been making pc versions at the time of creation.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:59 PM   #39
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Te only reason sony is doing this is because the ps4 was profitable. The ps5 probably will be too. Usually consoles are not very profitable and they use exclusives to sell unit so they can sell more games because the games are where they make the money back. I take this as a sign that they arent so worried about whether or not the ps5 will sell, and or that they already made their profits back from game sales so now ps4 games on pc are just pure profit.

It's unlikely for another console to have the same life span of profits like the PlayStation 2 or xbox original did. So why not get some more money elsewhere. Especially when any ports of these games will be bare minimum, as they wouldnt have been making pc versions at the time of creation.
An alternate theory could be that they have a lot of confidence that the specs of the PS5 will compete head to head with gaming PCs at a much lower price point. So, they don't need to rely on exclusives to sell it.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:36 AM   #40
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Yes but none of these are PS5 exclusives. They where PS4 exclusives. How much you wanna bet these series see sequals and those end up PS5 only.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2020, 03:22 AM   #41
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I suppose a long time ago, porting a PS exclusive was more of a headache than it was worth, because a Playstation was pretty far from PC hardware. Porting has become easier, and console exclusives like Dark Souls that made the jump to multiplatform (very) successfully have shown how the market reacts.

Having timed exclusives for one, two or even three years could be very interesting for Sony. Essentially, you'd be looking at the market of gamers with high end hardware, and that's exactly the market that wouldn't necessarily be caught in the Playstation world anyway.