Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:05 PM   #751
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:14 PM   #752
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
In all fairness, those security leaks are all new types of attacks. It's not like Intel purposely let that slide. The folks that discovered those are insanely talented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Not only that, but the security risk for the average user is nearly nil. If Microsoft didn’t force us to install the patches, I wouldn’t have.

too many and some are way too old some of these security flaws are over 11 years old
the people at intel are insanely talented also and it is their job to find this crap

do you really think that if it cost them performance and they were the only one to know about it they wouldn't try to sweep it under the rug ?

no I think that all that mattered was staying on top performance whys and if they can't fix it without dropping performance they hide it till they find a better fix
and yes AMD and NV also

but now they are under a magnifying glass and everybody is looking to find the next one and there will be more
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:19 PM   #753
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

looks like great strip bar cash

you can get a whole bag full of those bills for 20 bucks

almost like italian lira was
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:26 PM   #754
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
AMD Allegedly Prepping Monster Ryzen Threadripper Zen 2 CPU With 64 Cores / 128 Threads For Q4

https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryz...4-core-q4-2019

a great disturbance in the force

if true and they bring that thing out at threadripper prices intel is going to hemorrhage market share in the pro stuff
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:05 PM   #755
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:25 PM   #756
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
again watch he explains it well

His explanation is that they are charging more for motherboards partly because of the increased costs in making the boards and partly because they think that they can just increase the prices because of AMD's shift away from low prices.

Not sure that all of that hasn't already been said here.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:45 AM   #757
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
His explanation is that they are charging more for motherboards partly because of the increased costs in making the boards and partly because they think that they can just increase the prices because of AMD's shift away from low prices.

Not sure that all of that hasn't already been said here.
and that's why the msrp of the C8H 379 went up 80 bucks over the C7H 299 ?

with the 15 bucks more for the chipset and the higher cost of pcie 4.0 and i'm sure tariffs are playing a part a little

that is just not that big of increase

he said AMD just got a whole new level of MB

and yes the high end is more money but inline with the same boards for intel
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #758
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

700 euro for a motherboard can suck my left nut for that price. 200-250 is most im willing to pay for a motherboard.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM   #759
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Will wait for more prices but it appears everyone is going Nvidia stupid for high end parts.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #760
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
and that's why the msrp of the C8H 379 went up 80 bucks over the C7H 299 ?

with the 15 bucks more for the chipset and the higher cost of pcie 4.0 and i'm sure tariffs are playing a part a little

that is just not that big of increase

he said AMD just got a whole new level of MB

and yes the high end is more money but inline with the same boards for intel
Actually it's not inline with the intel prices. Pricing for preorders are starting to come out.

The Godlike for intel is $600.00
The Godlike for AMD is $800.00

The Formula for intel is $349.00
The Formula for AMD is $600.00

The MSI MPG Gaming Plus for intel is $139.00
The MSI MPG Gaming Plus for AMD is $265.00
Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #761
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Will wait for more prices but it appears everyone is going Nvidia stupid for high end parts.
Meh... wait till they actually hit the shelves. Setting the MSRP high gives them wiggle room. Real world pricing might be lower due to rebates, combo deals, holiday sales, Intel responding with price cuts, etc.
GTwannabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #762
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
700 euro for a motherboard can suck my left nut for that price. 200-250 is most im willing to pay for a motherboard.
Tough lucky that's cheapest mobo available.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM   #763
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Actually it's not inline with the intel prices. Pricing for preorders are starting to come out.

I would add another 10% to 15% to those prices once they go on sale.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM   #764
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM   #765
the_sextein
Rage3D Veteran

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
:rofl: yeah keep believing that AMD is deliberately self sabotaging itself :rofl: you're an idiot if you think that's how top level company in top level industry works.

This year amd is releasing cpu before Intel, boom, that's contradicting your assumption isn't it? They're also releasing these chips with newer tech (not just pcie but smaller process node) before Intel, boom again, according to you they only release old stuffs one year after.

Right, keep defending Intel who actually court proven for sabotaging AMD and the market, also releasing those chips with so many security leaks.

No I won't take this into pm, he made ridiculous statement on the public, why should I take this into private? But I get it, he isn't worth it anymore.
Add reading comprehension to the list right under capitalism. Nobody said anything about AMD sabotaging itself. I said that they have the technology and money to outperform Intel but they are not interested because it goes against their overarching goals as a company. Since you clearly don't understand what that means let me spell it out real slow for you.

AMD has no interest in spending a ton of time and money making a non economical chip just to beat Intel in a pissing match. Why would they want to do that? To impress a totally non signifigant PC gaming audience that means nothing to AMD? For every $1400 Nvidia GPU sold, AMD is selling 1000 midrange CPU's, 1000 midrange GPU's and custom parts for 1000 motherboards. Even Intel and Nvidia don't do it for the sales. They do it for the brand recognition. Something AMD no longer cares about because they are using Microsoft and Sony's Brand regognition to sell their parts now.

AMD bought ATI to own the console market without competition. They have not focused on the PC or given any sh!t about it for a long time. Their server chips focus on low speeds and mass cores and they use the same design on a smaller scale for the console market. When it comes to PC gaming they are not going to go against their design and spend a bunch of time and money to impress a niche crowd that is drying up. They take whatever they have and push something out that is in the same ballpark after a year of cost cutting has gone by. They keep pace but do not push PC performance forward. They use their unique position as the only competater across the board on the PC to insure that PC progress is slow and cool while pouring all of their resources into the console market and server market.

There are people who can't see a difference between a blu ray and a 4K disc. Those same people won't appreciate PC gaming at the moment. In 10 years nobody is going to be able to tell the difference because the cost of improvement is going to be astronomical for small benefits that most people wont' even notice. The company that has the brand recognition in the console market, mass producing mediocrity will rise to the top. AMD will take Nvidia and Intel's PC gaming market someday and they won't do it by building big dumb chips. They will do it like I just explained, the same way Apple did it when Microsoft crushed them.

For now they will intentionally inflate the costs of parts that are no faster than old sh!t to cause the value vs performance to go as far out of wack on the PC as possible. I must thank the Zen 2 owners for beta testing the PS5. I'll probably pick one up for $400 next year. Anyway I said what I wanted to and I would also appreciate it if you want to continue this troll bait conversation to please pound sand because I have no interest in continuing it via PM either. If AMD's new chips happen to blow Intel away then great but I bet you they will play the same card they have for the last 2 decades. Delivering about the same gaming performance, at the same price, a year late. I'll be sure to come back and rub it in your face when that happens.

Last edited by the_sextein : Yesterday at 04:15 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #766
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Add reading comprehension to the list right under capitalism. Nobody said anything about AMD sabotaging itself. I said that they have the technology and money to outperform Intel but they are not interested because it goes against their overarching goals as a company. Since you clearly don't understand what that means let me spell it out real slow for you.

AMD has no interest in spending a ton of time and money making a non economical chip just to beat Intel in a pissing match. Why would they want to do that? To impress a totally non signifigant PC gaming audience that means nothing to AMD? For every $1400 Nvidia GPU sold, AMD is selling 1000 midrange CPU's, 1000 midrange GPU's and custom parts for 1000 motherboards. Even Intel and Nvidia don't do it for the sales. They do it for the brand recognition. Something AMD no longer cares about because they are using Microsoft and Sony's Brand regognition to sell their parts now.

AMD bought ATI to own the console market without competition. They have not focused on the PC or given any sh!t about it for a long time. Their server chips focus on low speeds and mass cores and they use the same design on a smaller scale for the console market. When it comes to PC gaming they are not going to go against their design and spend a bunch of time and money to impress a niche crowd that is drying up. They take whatever they have and push something out that is in the same ballpark after a year of cost cutting has gone by. They keep pace but do not push PC performance forward. They use their unique position as the only competater across the board on the PC to insure that PC progress is slow and cool while pouring all of their resources into the console market and server market.

There are people who can't see a difference between a blu ray and a 4K disc. Those same people won't appreciate PC gaming at the moment. In 10 years nobody is going to be able to tell the difference because the cost of improvement is going to be astronomical for small benefits that most people wont' even notice. The company that has the brand recognition in the console market, mass producing mediocrity will rise to the top. AMD will take Nvidia and Intel's PC gaming market someday and they won't do it by building big dumb chips. They will do it like I just explained, the same way Apple did it when Microsoft crushed them.

For now they will intentionally inflate the costs of parts that are no faster than old sh!t to cause the value vs performance to go as far out of wack on the PC as possible. I must thank the Zen 2 owners for beta testing the PS5. I'll probably pick one up for $400 next year. Anyway I said what I wanted to and I would also appreciate it if you want to continue this troll bait conversation to please pound sand because I have no interest in continuing it via PM either. If AMD's new chips happen to blow Intel away then great but I bet you they will play the same card they have for the last 2 decades. Delivering about the same gaming performance, at the same price, a year late. I'll be sure to come back and rub it in your face when that happens.
Dunning Kruger would like to have a word with you.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #767
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Quote:
there is not one official price out yet with just most always wrong rumor and speculation and then some have an agenda

and foreign prices never cross over to USD

i'll wait till official reviews and official msrp and pay what I have to
I have seen AMD video cards change prices too many times in the last weeks

I wouldn't be surprised if they are not still working on the final prices till the last week
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #768
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
So the pricing is in Euro's, The Gigabyte board would set me back nearly $1800 Canadian.

Sounds Legit.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #769
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
So the pricing is in Euro's, The Gigabyte board would set me back nearly $1800 Canadian.

In for 10!

Sounds Legit.
In for 10!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #770
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post

Sounds Legit.
Danish Krone.... Not Euro's...
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #771
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://www.amazon.de/MSI-MEG-X570-G...gateway&sr=8-2

Amazon Germany has Godlike for $811.00 UDS.

https://www.amazon.de/MSI-X570-Gamin...gateway&sr=8-1

Gaming Plus for $265.00 USD.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #772
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

the godlike
Quote:
All prices include German VAT
Quote:
Usually ready for shipping in 1 to 2 months.

German VAT is 19%

so about 650 USD maybe if that price is even right
I have seen amazon price things high and lower them when in stock
Old Today, 06:03 AM   #773
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:

Still in for 10!
Old Today, 08:46 AM   #774
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Why the hell is there like only 1x type C USB port on these mobos?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #775
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Why the hell is there like only 1x type C USB port on these mobos?
Because USB Type C is really expensive vs. USB A:

GTwannabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #776
0091/2
We Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Because USB Type C is really expensive vs. USB A:

It doesn't seem that more expensive.

Accell USB-C to C USB 3.1 2.6FT cost $24.99 compared to USB-A to C is $20.99.

Current Desktop [2016]
Old Today, 10:15 AM   #777
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Bios F40 for my mobo is finally out and claims compatibility for the entire Ryzen 3K line. Im impressed.

If I can put a 16 core in there at some point it will be amazing.

Update AGESA 1.0.0.2 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU full support
Note:
1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F31 before F40.
2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU.
3. Due to BIOS ROM size limited, no Bristol Ridge APU support.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...upport-dl-bios

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote