Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 14, 2021, 03:52 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
The 3060Ti's is where I wanted to go for the my rig with my 32:9 Super Ultrawide(2k resolution really with it being 3840x1080). I just waffled on buying a launch card, they didn't come back in stock and then nVidia pulled that BS on HardwareUnboxed. Resulting in me voting with my wallet.

But it's an even sweeter spot than the 3070 imho. Totally a good way to go
Makes sense. I just tend to factor in how exceedingly long I tend to hold onto cards. I had the Fury for, what, five years? Lol.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:39 PM   #62
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I don't know why anyone would want a 2x 8pin 3090. The 3080s struggle hard enough with power limit.. the 3090 would be even worse.

No point in Zen3. I was more tempted by the 10980XE they had in stock.
TBH it all depends. I purposely bought a 3090 with 2x 8 pin as I don't normally over clock so thought 3x 8 pin overkill for me. We're all different as I'm not the least bit interested in being 'king of the hill' in benchmarks I just play games.

I played the Trilleaur single player lever of BFV last night just to test ray tracing (I think it was you or exposed that said that was the best level to try RT). With everything Ultra including all RT settings I averaged around 100fps (I have a FPS counter on my freesync monitor). Without RT maybe 120 to 130fps. That's pure RT no DLSS which is greyed out for me.

The reflections in the puddles were nice and the leaves blowing around were cool but for a fast paced first person shooter I probably wouldn't have noticed TBH. Having said that I'll take 100fps with Ultra RT because I can without DLSS

From somebody who is new to this what's the point upgrading to 4K to get 60fps with RT (is that Ultra RT?) and having to use DLSS to get that, when I get 100fps in 1440p with Ultra RT and no DLSS? Please enlighten me.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:54 PM   #63
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Far superior image quality? And in BF5 you can hold a steady high framerate with RT enabled at 4K.

2x 8pin 3090s are severely power limited. At that point, it's not even about overclocking, it's about letting the card use the higher voltages under heavy loads.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:56 PM   #64
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Oh snap, he called us nerds.

Hello, USPS, please return back my package....

Im part of the nerds group, but some of those dudes can shower from time to time. I hope you get to experience an E3 or Comic Con sometime after corona cause thats just a must fest with everyone crunched shoulder to shoulder.

USPS get here faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Yea looks like if I waited I could have got a couple hundred more for my 1080 Ti

What do used 1080tis go for now? Once I get this 3080 my 1080ti has got to go.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 05:07 PM   #65
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Im part of the nerds group, but some of those dudes can shower from time to time. I hope you get to experience an E3 or Comic Con sometime after corona cause thats just a must fest with everyone crunched shoulder to shoulder.

USPS get here faster

If you look them up on EBay and click on Sold Listings for 1080Ti Strix for example, a LOT of them are going for $450-$550. I haven't checked other cards.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 06:08 PM   #66
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
If you look them up on EBay and click on Sold Listings for 1080Ti Strix for example, a LOT of them are going for $450-$550. I haven't checked other cards.
Wow, that's crazy.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 06:41 PM   #67
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:

USPS get here faster

I got $380 for mine, going for more then that now.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:02 PM   #68
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Up until about 3 weeks ago there were a few Vega 64 Frontier Edition cards for under $350. Now they are all pushing north of $500 for the Air and $850-1,000 for liquid models. :-o
Old Jan 14, 2021, 08:02 PM   #69
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I got $380 for mine, going for more then that now.

Where did you sell?

Old Jan 14, 2021, 08:35 PM   #70
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Where did you sell?
Fleabay

yoz
Old Jan 14, 2021, 08:56 PM   #71
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Fleabay
I refuse I'll see what I can get on hardforum at some point.

Old Jan 14, 2021, 09:17 PM   #72
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Fee’s are definitely way to high on the flebay. For the most part through hundreds of sales I got screwed only once.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:39 PM   #73
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Fee’s are definitely way to high on the flebay. For the most part through hundreds of sales I got screwed only once.
Yeah, I didn't realize the fees were so high. I buy a lot on there, but don't sell often. I was surprised to see how high it was.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:42 PM   #74
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why not give the 1080 Ti to Lupine if he wants it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:03 PM   #75
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Why not give the 1080 Ti to Lupine if he wants it.
It's always easy to suggest someone else give something away for free.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:06 PM   #76
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
It's always easy to suggest someone else give something away for free.
Where did I say free?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:10 PM   #77
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Where did I say free?
Well then you should pay better attention and read the threads so I understand the context better, or clarify yourself. There is a difference between "sell" and "give". I already offered it to him earlier in this thread, and he contacted me.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:13 PM   #78
KAC

You can give something to someone in exchange for something else. It is for them to decide what are the terms of trade.

As for thread context, if you do not understand what I post feel free to move on.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:23 PM   #79
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
You can give something to someone in exchange for something else. It is for them to decide what are the terms of trade.

As for thread context, if you do not understand what I post feel free to move on.
Thanks for the education. You seriously want to keep chasing me all over the forum to troll me into ridiculous semantic debates?

Read through the threads that you constantly spam useless drivel in before suggesting who people should sell/give/loan their hardware to. Not that it's any of your business in the first place.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:29 PM   #80
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I already offered it to him earlier in this thread, and he contacted me.
That's awesome, you both win. All you need now is a 3080...

yoz
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:34 PM   #81
KAC

Quote:
Thanks for the education. You seriously want to keep chasing me all over the forum to troll me into ridiculous semantic debates?

Read through the threads that you constantly spam useless drivel in before suggesting who people should sell/give/loan their hardware to. Not that it's any of your business in the first place.
Dude you are like the nagging wife I never had. I don’t even bother responding to your posts unless you address me directly.

If anything you are chasing me around not understanding what is written and making useless arguments. If it is not my business to suggest then how is it your business to suggest what I read, post, where and when?

Dude find something better to do seriously. Maybe get back in a relationship or something. Then you can talk to your partner how a post on a forum leads you to emotional trauma and anger release on an Internet forum; rather than nagging me.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:47 PM   #82
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
That's awesome, you both win. All you need now is a 3080...
Maybe! We"ll see what happens. It's a tough market right now. Not too concerned about a 3080 at this point though. Still looking, but I just can't dedicate more time than I already am to snag one.

Hell, I had Telegram up all day today. I switched the display over to take care of some stuff for work and missed two notifications on cards. Can't really fix that.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:58 PM   #83
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Old Jan 15, 2021, 05:52 PM   #84
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Far superior image quality? And in BF5 you can hold a steady high framerate with RT enabled at 4K.

2x 8pin 3090s are severely power limited. At that point, it's not even about overclocking, it's about letting the card use the higher voltages under heavy loads.
TBH image quality looks pretty good to me at 1440p. Admittedly never tried 4K but I'm 60 have to wear reading glasses to see the monitor so don't think it's a big issue for me personally

I don't need to O/C as in most games I play without RT it's hitting my 144hz freesync monitor limit. Really don't need more FPS, it's a waste. Also I can't do with fan noise so would rather have a good quiet card than running balls to the walls with 100% fan speed. No, no ,no. We're all different I guess.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 07:07 PM   #85
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My card is completely silent while overclocked. 950rpm Noctua fans on a 240mm Hybrid cooler sold by EVGA.

I have balls to the wall speed + silence. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other; you can have both..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 08:08 PM   #86
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
TBH image quality looks pretty good to me at 1440p. Admittedly never tried 4K but I'm 60 have to wear reading glasses to see the monitor so don't think it's a big issue for me personally

I don't need to O/C as in most games I play without RT it's hitting my 144hz freesync monitor limit. Really don't need more FPS, it's a waste. Also I can't do with fan noise so would rather have a good quiet card than running balls to the walls with 100% fan speed. No, no ,no. We're all different I guess.
Tinkering with Dsr may offer some subjective insight on higher resolution fidelity.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 02:07 AM   #87
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I don't like it, but I've just come to accept the fees. Ebay has the largest audience and your **** will sell fast there. If you want to maximize your return trying to sell on Hard Forum or r/hardwareswap will probably net you more. I tried selling on hardwareswap before, but I have no feedback history there so I just got a bunch of suspicious offers which I think were from people trying to scam me.

I think you really need to build up a rep buying stuff, or selling less expensive stuff, and I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle to me. When I want something sold, I just want it sold, and get whatever I get for it. I'll list it here on R3D and if no one is interested in a week or so, I just Ebay it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 02:11 AM   #88
KAC

I only deal with R3D and Hard folks. Good community and solid interactions.