Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 20, 2019, 06:36 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Default The Matrix 4

Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 06:47 PM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What the hell? Wasn't it done? I mean I didn't think 3 was good but it was the full arc?

Sense8 was solid but this could easily go badly.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

One of the brothers... err sisters is directing, so it should be interesting.

I hope it's not a complete reboot of the matrix, and they continue on with the story. They could make it neo and trinity vs the machines, and they form a resistance to hack back into the matrix.

Because you know the machines rebooted it anyway... :P
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 20, 2019, 07:42 PM   #4
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

they could do a whole other story arc with different people, like fear the walking dead, I would be into that... I agree the whole Neo arc is done...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 07:52 PM   #5
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Take my money!!!!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:11 PM   #6
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

As a huge Matrix fan (you can kinda tell from my signature ) I am not so sure about this.

If it's a reboot, I'll pass. If it's passing the torch to the new generation, I'll be intrigued. Hopefully with Keanu and Carrie-Ann Moss involved, it'll be the latter. At least they won't have to de-age Keanu
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:25 PM   #7
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Trinity and Neo are both dead. I know the oracle said they might see Neo again some day but I always thought she was referring to the reincarnation of "the one". If Mr Reeves is returning to reprise the role of Neo then it's not a reincarnation.

If it were a prequal then Neo wouldn't be in it and a sequel seems like a stretch to me. They would have to clone their bodies and then inject all of their digital data that was their lives back into their heads? Maybe they are just digital copies? Seems odd that Trinity and Neo are going to be back in a sequel that's all I'm saying. Reminds me of Alien 4 where they had to clone Ripley and the alien in order to make a new movie. At that point you know it should have ended. Is Laurence Fishburn's Morpheus returning or is it so far in the future that he is dead and nobody bothered to bring him back?

I hope it's cool, I love the first film and while the other two were not as good as the first, I liked them all. It's gonna take some serious creative writing to keep this from feeling like a cheap cash grab though.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:29 PM   #8
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyUb3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Maybe I'm missing something, but didn't both Neo and Trinity real world die in the 3rd one? Unless its some sort of cameo with ghosts in the matrix, it doesn't make much sense.

There is lots of room for more stories within the Matrix universe, but the Neo storyline is done and in general sequels of sci-fi movies don't really pan out that great.

The first one was great because of the intrigue and the big reveals / mind****s. The second and third had some great scenes, but overall once the mystery was gone they were bland sci-fi action movies.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:44 PM   #9
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

It's also odd that only one of the Wackowskies is returning to do direct this. They built it together and neither of them are doing anything at the moment which tells me they have creative differences on this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:51 PM   #10
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The reason why the first Matrix was SO much better than the other two is the story was tight and just about perfectly paced. There wasn't any convoluted bullcrap that diluted the other two movies. If they keep this one simple, it could be good. Maybe take a page out of John Wick's success...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:54 PM   #11
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Both Neo and Trinity can still be alive in the Matrix. Most of the movie takes place in the Matrix. So plenty of screen time if they go that route.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:57 PM   #12
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
Both Neo and Trinity can still be alive in the Matrix. Most of the movie takes place in the Matrix. So plenty of screen time if they go that route.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:57 PM   #13
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Yeah that could be, they would just be digital copies though or programs so to speak. Laurence Fishburn is getting old and I don't think I would be cool with someone else playing his role.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 08:59 PM   #14
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
The reason why the first Matrix was SO much better than the other two is the story was tight and just about perfectly paced. There wasn't any convoluted bullcrap that diluted the other two movies. If they keep this one simple, it could be good. Maybe take a page out of John Wick's success...
I'm with you man. The last two were annoying yet I enjoyed them... because matrix! I would have much preferred if I didn't have to google WTF I just watched when I left the theater.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 09:01 PM   #15
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Or it could be like the fan theory where zion and etc were all level 2 of the matrix.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 09:05 PM   #16
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Possible theatrical re-release of the original for its 20th anniversary?
Take my money!

For some reason I've forgotten, I didn't see any movies at theaters from 1997 to maybe 2001, so I missed some really good ones like Saving Private Ryan and The Matrix, among many others. Either the second Matrix or the first LOTR was the first move I saw in a theater, at the time, for at least three years.

Wait and see on #4.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 09:10 PM   #17
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

I watched them all in the theater as they were released but these days I don't go out much for movies. I did buy the new 4K versions of the Matrix trilogy and was really pleased with the extra detail and especially the remixed Atmos track.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 09:23 PM   #18
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I haven't been to the theater since I bought this ultra wide screen monitor. I can wait, and pause when I need to piss. As an added bonus I don't have to worry about getting shot when leaving by some rival thugs.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 09:46 PM   #19
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

For ****'s sake.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:11 PM   #20
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
If it's a reboot, I'll pass. If it's passing the torch to the new generation, I'll be intrigued. Hopefully with Keanu and Carrie-Ann Moss involved, it'll be the latter. At least they won't have to de-age Keanu
Remember what happened with the Disney Star Wars cash grab: they brought back the original actors, then destroyed the characters. Those movies should never have been made, just like it sounds like these new Matrix movies shouldn't be made (yes, there'll be more than one).
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:31 PM   #21
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

My bet is they will have Keanu and Carrie Ann voice their digital younger copies in the matrix. Apparently they have a really cool story that all involved think is great. I was hoping for animatrix style backstory prequel like second renaissance but any new matrix is fine by me. This is not a reboot btw the Variety article said its a continuation.

If this is a hit they might well do a series in the universe. Theres so much left unexplored Im game for more.

Is Woo-Ping Yuen still available to do the kung fu choreography?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.1.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.1.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 01:17 AM   #22
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I hope that Neo & Trinity are grumpy old failures, so the movies can instead focus on introducing a younger cast of diverse actors, preferably with the new hero being a woman. Matrix4 can feature Neo and they can kill him in a dumb way at the end, then Matrix5 will supposed to feature Trinity, but the actress will die before shooting, so they'll splice together some older footage and rewrite the story to feature Morpheus instead. That's what I'm hoping for!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 02:54 AM   #23
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
Remember what happened with the Disney Star Wars cash grab: they brought back the original actors, then destroyed the characters. Those movies should never have been made, just like it sounds like these new Matrix movies shouldn't be made (yes, there'll be more than one).
If it's a "passing of the torch" Matrix count me out. It's not Matrix without Keanu.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 04:46 AM   #24
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They died? All I remember from the last film is Neo making some peace treaty with the machine... I think.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 07:40 AM   #25
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

I said this before:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...ghlight=matrix
Quote:
edit: After seeing Matrix 2, I thought I understood the direction they were setting us up for... and it would have been great. That Zion and "the real world" were STILL part of the Matrix... that they created this alternative zone for dissidents to keep them under control... give them the illusion of freedom and fighting "the man" as that's what gives their lives meaning and makes the Matrix acceptable to them. Because of that, Matrix 3 was a big let down.

And frankly, not too late for them to do it. If there's another level of reality that supercedes everything that happened, then there's a whole other level of storytelling that can happen. Hell, they could literally "reboot" the 2nd and third films by restoring from backups. hahah.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:59 AM   #26
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyUb3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
They died? All I remember from the last film is Neo making some peace treaty with the machine... I think.
Trinity died crashing the ship getting into the machine city, and then Neo was sacrificed when he let Smith take him over in order to get rid of him.

Forgetting about the third movie isn’t a bad thing. It had a couple good scenes, but the story had jumped the shark by the end of the second movie.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:49 AM   #27
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

There is only the 1st movie. pure epicness!!
I refuse to acknowledge any of the crap that happened after that.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:53 AM   #28
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It turns out that the real world was a 'Matrix' for the machines run by an advanced cybernetic alien race... so now they are fighting to free themselves from the aliens!

It's what happens when Inception and The Matrix get stoned on Meth and opiates, have unprotected sex... the result is...

The Inceptrix!

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 01:20 PM   #29
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
It turns out that the real world was a 'Matrix' for the machines run by an advanced cybernetic alien race... so now they are fighting to free themselves from the aliens!

It's what happens when Inception and The Matrix get stoned on Meth and opiates, have unprotected sex... the result is...

The Inceptrix!
Now all I can think about is two babies in a womb fighting matrix style while the womb tumbles round and round.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 01:27 PM   #30
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Maybe it'll turn out that the "real world" is actually a simulation run by humans to make the machines believe they have taken over and have enslaved humanity.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro