Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 18, 2014, 10:58 AM   #481
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2014, 06:56 PM   #482
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2014, 09:28 PM   #483
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Convinced my girlfriend to get a Nokia Lumia 1020 (from an iPhone 4s), she's loving it so far. She especially loves the Nokia maps app.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 24, 2014, 09:30 PM   #484
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
That fixed my battery life issue. It's much better as 8.0 version as it should be.

BTW, the file manager is coming on June.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 05:38 PM   #485
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Microsoft finally launches the 'Files' app for Windows Phone 8.1

Microsoft has launched the "Files," file management application for Windows Phone 8.1 devices after years of requests from users.

Joe Belfiore, Microsoft's Windows Phone VP and manager, tweeted the availability of the much anticipated application today. Prior to the release of this application a couple of 3rd party file management applications were available for Windows Phone.

The "Files" application will allow users to access and move the data around on their Windows Phone 8.1 devices without the need of connecting to a computer which was a big crutch for the platform. Using this application users can not only access the phone storage but also external SD cards. The features currently supported by "Files" include, creating new folders and arranging files, in addition to the usual move, copy, delete and rename operations. Users can share files as well.

Users running the Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview can grab the application immediately as it has been rolled out to the Windows Phone marketplace globally.

Source: Neowin

Application: Windows Phone Files
Old Jun 4, 2014, 02:03 AM   #486
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Bluetooth still doesn't work on my phone nor can I call unless i'm on speaker phone :\
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2014, 03:21 PM   #487
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Bluetooth still doesn't work on my phone nor can I call unless i'm on speaker phone :\
What device are you on? Have you looked at rolling back to 8? Or upgrading to 8.1 if you already have 8?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 09:08 PM   #488
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wheres the Lumia 930.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2014, 05:34 AM   #489
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
I'm pretty sure it isn't due in Europe/UK until next week at the earliest now.. not seen any US/Canada dates..
bobvodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2014, 09:54 PM   #490
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I don't need a 930 to replace my 920 until it dies. I'm not sure if I want to switch to a 1020 or not.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2014, 01:29 AM   #491
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I don't need a 930 to replace my 920 until it dies. I'm not sure if I want to switch to a 1020 or not.
the 1020 is just a 920 with the 41mpx camera, and I believe wireless charging via backplate. So unless you want that massive camera I wouldn't bother. Everything in the 92x range (and the 1020) is practically the same thing.
920 is the first wp8 phone
925 was a variant with the aluminum body (and a few other hardware tweaks like I think 16gb only, xenon flash and no built in wireless charging)
928 is just the Verizon version, I think its similar to the 925 but more square and boring looking.

930 is the WP8.1 version with snapdragon 800.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:50 PM   #492
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
What device are you on? Have you looked at rolling back to 8? Or upgrading to 8.1 if you already have 8?
It fixed it's self with the last update. I figured it was software related.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 09:58 PM   #493
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

I switched from nokia drive to GPS co pilot. The map app is far superior to nokia, has turn by turn directions, local items on stops, and doesn't drain the battery as fast. Def upgrade to that!
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:09 PM   #494
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

Sorry everyone I went back to an iphone 5s and couldn't be happier.

I now have a Lumina 1020 for sale when I get back to Calgary.
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:13 PM   #495
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshocker View Post
Sorry everyone I went back to an iphone 5s and couldn't be happier.

I now have a Lumina 1020 for sale when I get back to Calgary.
Why? There's a new phone coming out in a couple of months.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:43 PM   #496
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Why? There's a new phone coming out in a couple of months.
this, 2 new iphones being released at the same time from what's being reported. one being a phablet.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:50 PM   #497
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

My windows phone was driving me crazy with all the things it couldn't do. Like setting a timer.

I know a new iphone is coming out in a couple of months, will I get it when it comes out, yes.

I called the telus loyalty number and told them that there is nothing from with the lumina 1020 but it's just not what I wanted and that I wanted to go back to apple so they gave me a great deal on a new iphone 5s and cut my device balance in half so after selling my windows phone the iphone 5s was pretty much a straight trade.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 05:39 AM   #498
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Quote:
My windows phone was driving me crazy with all the things it couldn't do. Like setting a timer.
Eh?

What do you mean couldn't set a timer?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 09:20 AM   #499
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

I mean the countdown timer and stop watch not being on the phone. Anyways it's a nice camera and a cool phone, it's just not what I was looking for.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 09:43 AM   #500
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

There's a bunch of applications for it in the store, the idea behind WP is expandability more than "let's shove everything in it".

Anyway, I'm happy with mine but then again I use it for work, not for leisure.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 01:24 PM   #501
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I mean the countdown timer and stop watch not being on the phone. Anyways it's a nice camera and a cool phone, it's just not what I was looking for.
I thought they were there? If not, there are some great apps, including official Microsoft toolkit ones that do the whole thing.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 03:50 PM   #502
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
I thought they were there? If not, there are some great apps, including official Microsoft toolkit ones that do the whole thing.
There isn't a native countdown timer/stopwatch, just an alarm.
But theres a bunch of apps that can fill that gap easily.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jun 30, 2014, 04:00 PM   #503
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
There isn't a native countdown timer/stopwatch, just an alarm.
But theres a bunch of apps that can fill that gap easily.
Gotcha, I guess had been using the Insider app, or whatever it's called now.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:03 AM   #504
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Microsoft's Lumia 830 breaks cover in new images

Microsoft's Lumia line of phones make up the largest piece of the market share pie and that's because Nokia's mobility division, before it was bought by Microsoft, was putting out new hardware at a rapid rate.

That trend is still alive after the Microsoft acquisition as you can see the Lumia 830 in leaked photos above. The device appears to have similar lines to that of the Lumia Icon (929) and could be sporting a combination of aluminum and plastic. Based on the images, it's hard to tell thick the profile of the device is but Nokia's phones aren't known to be svelte when it comes to their girth.

As with all hardware coming out of the remains of Nokia, we expect this device to have impeccable build quality to it and a high resolution sensor. The back of the device features a similar look to that of the 1020 but it does not appear to have the same camera.

As with all new Windows Phones, expect this device to ship with Windows Phone 8. While there is no information on when this phone might go on-sale, seeing that it is already being assembled and coming off the assembly line, we shouldn't have to wait all that long to learn more about the device.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...-in-new-images

New cheap/mid phone. 820 was a good phone, I'm sure this'll be equally goodish.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 04:51 PM   #505
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Microsoft's Lumia 830 breaks cover in new images

Microsoft's Lumia line of phones make up the largest piece of the market share pie and that's because Nokia's mobility division, before it was bought by Microsoft, was putting out new hardware at a rapid rate.

That trend is still alive after the Microsoft acquisition as you can see the Lumia 830 in leaked photos above. The device appears to have similar lines to that of the Lumia Icon (929) and could be sporting a combination of aluminum and plastic. Based on the images, it's hard to tell thick the profile of the device is but Nokia's phones aren't known to be svelte when it comes to their girth.

As with all hardware coming out of the remains of Nokia, we expect this device to have impeccable build quality to it and a high resolution sensor. The back of the device features a similar look to that of the 1020 but it does not appear to have the same camera.

As with all new Windows Phones, expect this device to ship with Windows Phone 8. While there is no information on when this phone might go on-sale, seeing that it is already being assembled and coming off the assembly line, we shouldn't have to wait all that long to learn more about the device.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...-in-new-images

New cheap/mid phone. 820 was a good phone, I'm sure this'll be equally goodish.
Interesting, I thought the Icon was a 930 variant?

Anyhoo, here's the Insider app I was telling y'all about.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...6-4755c06bf2e9
Old Jul 4, 2014, 05:03 PM   #506
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Damnit give me a new Lumia on TMobile already. Their current offerings are a joke.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 06:01 PM   #507
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Went to my old office today, saw some new Windows Phones that I can't talk about but let's just say.. one of them was really big. *hint hint*

Edit:
Looks like the cat is out of the bag so;

http://www.neowin.net/news/lumia-152...le-and-verizon

Quote:
According to a tweet from @evleaks, the Lumia 1525 will feature the Snapdragon 801 SoC, which is an upgrade from the Snapdragon 800 chip found on the 1520. Additionally, the device will run on Windows Phone 8.1 out-of-the box making it only the third device after Lumia 635 and 930 to have the latest version of Microsoft's operating system.

The 1520, which was launched few months back, features a massive 6-inch display with 1080p resolution, 2GB of RAM, 20 megapixel PureView camera and wide range of connectivity features. These features will probably remain the same for 1525 as well as the SoC being the only difference.

It was reported recently that Lumia 1525 would be a variant of the 1520, targeted specifically for T-Mobile. However, it has now been revealed that the device will launch on other US carriers such as AT&T and Verizon as well.

Last edited by daPhoenix : Jul 7, 2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 04:56 AM   #508
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

(Note, there's something being revealed "soonish" that should make guys who want dick extension hardware happy)
Old Jul 7, 2014, 09:31 AM   #509
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Looks like even more cats are out of the bag so;

Quote:
Earlier this month, details emerged on Microsoft's plans for 3D gesture and touch support for Windows Phone. We have been sent some info on the upcoming Microsoft McLaren handset, and we now know that there is more than one phone with 3D Touch support in the works.

McLaren will be a 5.2-inch device, with a 1080p display, 20MP camera and come in a 64GB storage flavor (other storage options may be available). Look for this device to arrive this fall; we are hearing that October is the targeted release month. Other rumors have noted that the device may have a quad-HD display, 2560x1440 and while we would love to see that high of resolution on a display of this size, our sources indicate that 1080P is the spec for release.

However, in addition to McLaren, there is a larger device - we understand it will be a 6-inch handset that will support 3D Touch as well, replacing the Lumia 1520, possibly launching later this year too; this may be the same device that leaked earlier today that will have an upgraded SoC.
Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...d-touch-phones
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:06 PM   #510
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Looks like even more cats are out of the bag so;

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...d-touch-phones
That better come to TMobile!