Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:38 PM   #2191
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
No. The compressed video was outputted out 60FPS and that video was uploaded to youtube. Youtube auto downsampled the video when I uploaded it. What I uploaded and what showed up are completely different things. I know what I am doing.

Also after research it seems Yahoo limits its 720p videos to 30FPS. Link me to your 120 FPS video playback.
The video was a test one, deleted after uploaded that was a year ago or so. I guess I can try it again and let you know
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:56 PM   #2192
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
There has been a handful of times I've been shot through walls or rocks I'm crouched behind. But I usually figure it's lag.
I've experienced all sorts of wonkyness along the same with BC2. It works decently enough, but I have a feeling that its player position prediction stuff leaves something to be desired to ease server loads. Be willing to bet the netcode in BF3 is the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:36 PM   #2193
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
The video was a test one, deleted after uploaded that was a year ago or so. I guess I can try it again and let you know
Good luck with that youtube caps their frames at 30. Find ANY video on youtube running at 60fps.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:29 PM   #2194
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

They really need to fix the netcode. After server resets the servers are great to play in, but after a full day it's like it just goes to **** and a full clip from my UMP does nothing, the guy pops off one shot and I am dead. Most commonly shot with the damn M416.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:30 PM   #2195
Nytehawk
Radeon R420

Nytehawk is still being judged by the masses

Default Battlelog - Getting used to it

Over time I have been getting used to Battlelog and I don't think it is really all that bad. It is rather odd, I'll say that, but thinking back on how I played BFBC2 I'm starting to accept it.

In BFBC2 I always loaded up the game with Steam then while in game, opened a browser window to check my stats and see what unlocks I was close to getting so I could work on them. After that I would search for a server to play on and jump in. When I was done with a map or two I would go back out, check my stats again and then join another server. Rinse and repeat.

Now I find myself opening up Battlelog, checking my stats, finding a server and clicking join game. The time it takes to load the game is about the same as when I would load a new server in BFBC2 and I don't have to wait for the initial game to load clicking past sponser ads. It is kind of odd to have to leave the game (forget about the stupid choice where you have to spawn before you can quit) before you can pick a new server in the browser but again, it doesn't take me much longer than when I did it with the ingame browser.

I really don't think I will ever need the social aspect of Battlelog since I only really play online with a friend or two but its not too bad. I just feel that maybe they should have implemented the browser system in-game just to make it feel more normal. Overall though, it isn't worth not playing the game over.

That all said, I don't agree with needing to have Origin open all the time but, I do it with Steam. At least Steam lets you play single player games offline if the internet or Steam are down. I can see this being an issue with Origin since you need to be online and in Battlelog to play the single player campaign.

-Nytehawk

Last edited by Nytehawk : Sep 30, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Nytehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:36 PM   #2196
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Poor guy got stretched out sorry didn't get a vid

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:38 PM   #2197
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

I really don't understand the damage model at all. I always need a **** ton of bullets to kill people yet every time I get shot at I seem to die instantly.

Really not impressed at all right now tbh. RO2 is much more fun.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:12 PM   #2198
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
I really don't understand the damage model at all. I always need a **** ton of bullets to kill people yet every time I get shot at I seem to die instantly.

Really not impressed at all right now tbh. RO2 is much more fun.
That's not true at all. There are a number of amazing weapons in the game. The starting sniper rifle is amazing and so are the shotguns for close combat. I usually 1 shot people all the time with these two. Inside the metro I use the shotgun and outside I use the sniper rifle. They one shot almost all the time, sometimes 2 shot.

I think the same works for assault, their weapons also deal a lot of damage. I think the weakest class, from what I've seen, are the engineers this time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2199
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Depending on what end of the stick you are holding that day, BF games will seem like you unload on a guy and nothing happens. Yet, he turns around and pops two shots to yer noggin, and you're done.

It doesn't surprise me that BF3 feels like that, as any other BF game has felt the same.

There are times however where it seems you can just walk through people and mow them down without much trouble. (Its pretty rare for myself). It feels good though
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:24 PM   #2200
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

People die extremely fast for me. I die fast, too. I've had no problems with the weapon damage.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:47 PM   #2201
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How is destruction 3.0 or w/e its called? When I played the Alpha I barely noticed any resemblance of it. But I just figured it wasn't implemented at that time.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:56 PM   #2202
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
How is destruction 3.0 or w/e its called? When I played the Alpha I barely noticed any resemblance of it. But I just figured it wasn't implemented at that time.
dice keeps insisting that it has been improved over bc2 but it's hard to see. i read a preview of the single player campaign on some site and the author mentioned that the destruction is definitely toned down from the last game. he mentioned it was more like a cosmetic special effect now where you're walking and smoke, dust and debris comes across your path rather than anything that is actually useful in terms of blowing up walls to make new pathways and stuff like that. of course that was the single player game, so it's possible multiplayer might have it different. i was in a caspian server the other day and some dude was shooting down trees with a fixed machine gun. that's the most destruction i've seen in the game so far.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:00 AM   #2203
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
I don't even notice it exists in the beta. Environments feel almost entirely static other than the occasional wood splintering, concrete chipping and breaking apart, etc. Out in the city areas large portions of the buildings can slide off when they're hit with missiles, but it happens the same way every time and loses its "coolness factor" very quickly. Maybe Operation Metro is just not a good map for demonstrating the destruction since literally half of it takes place indoors, underground.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:08 AM   #2204
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

I don't know much about how BF3 works with Dice, but does anyone think this will be/can be modded to launch a bot server, like with BF2?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:32 AM   #2205
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well I downloaded the beta and also started playing it. My mouse goes absolutely nuts when I launch the application. So much so that I have to quit origin and even go to Setpoint app to fix the sensitivity to make it normal again.

Also whoever, thought of having server browser in an internet browser must be out of his ****ing stupid full of shitbag mind. That's the most horrendous idea ever. It launches you in to play right in the battle in windowed mode by default. Pissed me off to no end. Top it with mouse becoming all ape **** and I simply quit the app after I died thrice.

Can anyone please tell me about the mouse issue and how to fix it.

Btw graphics look like ass even when maxed out. Need to experiment more before I can say more.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:46 AM   #2206
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Well, looks like the hacks are officially out.

I went from server to server in the last two hours and about half of them had people shooting through the map. Take for instance when in the tunnels on the second part, I would be upstairs and behind a wall getting shot at from someone downstairs. That and clipping hacks. I watched one guy pop his head out to arm a device, I killed him and then was shot from across the map when he spawned back in.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:48 AM   #2207
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

The game crashes a lot for me. My GPU temperatures seem fine. I didn't check my CPU but I have downclocked it months ago due to it crashing in BC2 which got fixed.

Is the crashing with vertical stripes common to all at this stage?
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:40 AM   #2208
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anyone else having issues with vsync not turning on despite it being selected in both CCC and ingame? Tearing is making this unplayable on my 5870
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:20 AM   #2209
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

This 'beta' (probably close to release ver as you can have it at this point) has been pretty disappointing. Hacks are all over it even with punkbuster and lag and other gaming issues are a problem. Sounds is great but graphics are mediocre on ultra. Gameplay is even worse than previous bf games and it feels even more consolish... things like you never hear an enemy approach you and they run 50 miles an hour...

Not gonna get this one...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:29 AM   #2210
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Some changes coming:

Quote:
A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...pdate-1.aspx##
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:31 AM   #2211
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I've found my single 5870 actually doesn't perform too bad. I just left the settings on what it auto set, (I think mostly on "high") but performance is ok. Usually around 40-50 fps when outdoors in Metro, and maybe 60-70 when actually underground. I haven't tried the BF3 11.10 driver yet from ATi, not really sure if its worth it.

I looked at a few benchmark tests and saw that the 5870 only scored 2 fps lower than a 6970, which I found a bit odd.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:32 AM   #2212
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post

Also whoever, thought of having server browser in an internet browser must be out of his ****ing stupid full of shitbag mind. That's the most horrendous idea ever.
hush now. can't you see dice has liberated you from the tyranny of having to use a main menu? can't you see the sublime beauty of having to login to a site in your internet browser and through that launching the magnificent origin application so that you can play a game? imagine if this catches on... you will never have to double click an exe file to start a game again! this is progress i tell you. if you disagree, you're clearly a retarded cod fanboy.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:37 AM   #2213
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

I really don't understand why we can't go into the options when we're dead. That's just plain stupid. When I first started the game, I got spawn killed 3 times while I was messing with the controls/graphics. That's really not what you should want the players first experience to be.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:48 AM   #2214
Chubz
Doomer

Default Squad Gameplay Video

Here's a video my buddy recorded as I, he, and another friend of mine emerged victorious as the attackers. He is the guy you see from the first person perspective throughout the video and I'm the guy talking the most, bitching about the SVD and teammates not watching my back! My other friend is difficult to hear, but he arms the last charge.

This wasn't one of our best matches ever but it does show each squad member arming and destroying an MCOM, so I think that's pretty cool.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:13 AM   #2215
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
hush now. can't you see dice has liberated you from the tyranny of having to use a main menu? can't you see the sublime beauty of having to login to a site in your internet browser and through that launching the magnificent origin application so that you can play a game? imagine if this catches on... you will never have to double click an exe file to start a game again! this is progress i tell you. if you disagree, you're clearly a retarded cod fanboy.
I really hope that was sarcasm...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:19 AM   #2216
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I really hope that was sarcasm...
I thought everyone loved launching the game through a web browser, and spawning to change settings.

Haters gonna hate...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:53 AM   #2217
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Destruction: it is in the game, holes do get blown in walls, concrete barricades to get chipped away till theres nothing left, bus stops etc do get taken apart bit by bit. But its not like BC2 where a noobtube destroys the entire side of a building with a single shot, I've noticed it takes several hits for a wall to collapse. There also seems to be far less destruction than BC2 on the whole, although there is 10x more micro destruction from what I've seen.

Browser: I like it, I can look at rage3d while looking at the server list, you find a server on the web page, click join and are in game within 15 seconds. whats so bad about that? I can chat to friends, look at stats and so on all while in the server browser, and its very fast and quicker to get into the game than it is in BC2 for instance.

Menu options: I also hate this, why the f_ck do you have to spwan to change settings? this is retarded.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:56 AM   #2218
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Well I downloaded the beta and also started playing it. My mouse goes absolutely nuts when I launch the application. So much so that I have to quit origin and even go to Setpoint app to fix the sensitivity to make it normal again.

Also whoever, thought of having server browser in an internet browser must be out of his ****ing stupid full of shitbag mind. That's the most horrendous idea ever. It launches you in to play right in the battle in windowed mode by default. Pissed me off to no end. Top it with mouse becoming all ape **** and I simply quit the app after I died thrice.

Can anyone please tell me about the mouse issue and how to fix it.

Btw graphics look like ass even when maxed out. Need to experiment more before I can say more.
Set full screen in your graphics options, and then the game will launch in fullscreen.

Not sure what your mouse issue is, mine feels perfect.

Graphics are great, you must not be seeing what I'm seeing.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:02 AM   #2219
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I've got a dual monitor setup, and that seems to cause it never to launch full screen until I click on the icon on the taskbar. Anyone else having that issue?
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:04 AM   #2220
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I've got a dual monitor setup, and that seems to cause it never to launch full screen until I click on the icon on the taskbar. Anyone else having that issue?
I have a dual montior set up and it seems to work ok so far, I click "go to game" and it launches straight into the game at full screen.