Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:51 AM   #631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradvan View Post
I really wish Valve would add SP to Counter Strike. I know they can pull it off since they have SP experience

That was sarcasm btw
this.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:54 AM   #632
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

I personally welcome a single player experience in Battlefield. All I really ask for is a single player version of the multiplayer maps like in BF2/1942 for example though. But I'm sure not going to complain that they are doing what they're doing. This isn't Bad Company (It's called BAD for a reason). So it will be nice.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:11 PM   #633
Kraven
Stafoo!

Kraven is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
The full 12 minute trailer got released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FktL...layer_embedded
Boring, its all the clips we have already seen rolled into one except slightly extended. Need multiplayer footage already!

Yeah some quote goes here...

Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:39 PM   #634
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
I personally welcome a single player experience in Battlefield. All I really ask for is a single player version of the multiplayer maps like in BF2/1942 for example though. But I'm sure not going to complain that they are doing what they're doing. This isn't Bad Company (It's called BAD for a reason). So it will be nice.
I want the opposite, i enjoyed the SP for BC2, and while i did not buy the game for it specifically, i AM looking forward to the sp in this one, as well as the mp. However, i wish they had put the sp maps in mp for BC2... seriously, the later sp maps are awesome, playing conquest in the large dessert, or rush in the dessert fort or the storm water drains would have been awesome.

I think there was only a single sp map in mp and that was one of the snow towns... :/
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:15 PM   #635
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I want the opposite, i enjoyed the SP for BC2, and while i did not buy the game for it specifically, i AM looking forward to the sp in this one, as well as the mp. However, i wish they had put the sp maps in mp for BC2... seriously, the later sp maps are awesome, playing conquest in the large dessert, or rush in the dessert fort or the storm water drains would have been awesome.

I think there was only a single sp map in mp and that was one of the snow towns... :/
I tell you what. If they re-made all the 1942 maps for BF3 and even released it as an expansion of some kind, I would pay good money. For example, you know that one really huge desert map that was just incredibly wide open and each team had hangars on their end of the map? I forget what it was called, but damn was that a fun map.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:24 PM   #636
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

El Alamein?
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:37 PM   #637
BBA
GTX 570 SC+ATi GPU

BBA is still being judged by the masses

Yep, I loved BF42. Then Desert Combat totally rocked, up until v.4x, then it sucked ass because they nerfed it to 'even play' between those who were good and those who sucked.

If anyone out there has a copy of the DC.25 or DC.3x mod, let me know, I can't find it ANYWHERE.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:37 PM   #638
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
El Alamein?
Ah that might be it.

I miss 1942 so much. After playing BF2 for a year or so it just wasn't enjoyable anymore. So hard to go back to those graphics.

Also, don't believe this has been posted yet...

Last edited by acidosmosis : Apr 16, 2011 at 02:41 PM.
acidosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:57 PM   #639
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 03:57 PM   #640
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

Me want! NOW!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 05:11 PM   #641
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

My guess is they will present the SP showcase first and show bits of MP a month or two before release. MP always need more intense testing.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 05:11 PM   #642
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I really wish Valve would add SP to Counter Strike. I know they can pull it off since they have SP experience

That was sarcasm btw
If you've watched these videos and honestly dont think that this would be a good SP campaign then i think you're nuts.

But please continue to wish for the same thing again and again, this type of original thinking only spurs on developers to create innovate sequals each and every time (especially today where there's hardly ever a sequal and i LOVE! sequals), because to be honest i dont think ive ever seen a Battlefield style MP game before, especially from DICE.

That was also sarcam btw
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:17 PM   #643
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

No idea what you're trying to say.... what am i wishing for again?

I guess everyone has a different definition of what a good SP game is. As awesome as the videos are, at the end of the day it's basically a shooter on rails. Aka lots of scripted scenes, with only one path to go.

BF is a MP game at heart, that's what makes it great. The re-playability factor is endless. Adding SP to it wont make it a better game for most of us, since we all play it for MP.
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:09 PM   #644
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
No idea what you're trying to say.... what am i wishing for again?

I guess everyone has a different definition of what a good SP game is. As awesome as the videos are, at the end of the day it's basically a shooter on rails. Aka lots of scripted scenes, with only one path to go.

BF is a MP game at heart, that's what makes it great. The re-playability factor is endless. Adding SP to it wont make it a better game for most of us, since we all play it for MP.
True, but all I'm personally saying is that I can see that I will enjoy the SP experience. Once at least. Whether it's scripted or not. It's such a beautiful and appearing to be such an amazing game, that it will be really nice to relax and play it without having 63 other REAL people around kicking the crap out of you. At least in the SP you'll be able to enjoy some visuals. That's all I'm saying.

Normally I would definitely feel the same, but I just don't think it's going to be the same as Bad Company and that the game will be so beautiful that we can deal with it having SP. I don't think they're going to neglect MP for it.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:52 PM   #645
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

First result is a patch... dunno about full but surely they are out there.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Desert+Combat+0.25+download

El Alamein was the first map I loaded to mess about with DC. Love the HIND and Gazelle. I was wing-ed death with the Frogfoot though.

The thing that struck me after not having played for so long is that in DC the weapons are far more lethal and vehicles more maneuverable than in BF2 (likewise original BF1942). Yet it was a blast and not frustrating. The same is true for FH/FH2. So, I hope that BF3 modes will appropriately distinguish that type of play. I did not try BC2 so don't know if modes were done well.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:55 PM   #646
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric View Post
First result is a patch... dunno about full but surely they are out there.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Desert+Combat+0.25+download

El Alamein was the first map I loaded to mess about with DC. Love the HIND and Gazelle. I was wing-ed death with the Frogfoot though.

The thing that struck me after not having played for so long is that in DC the weapons are far more lethal and vehicles more maneuverable than in BF2 (likewise original BF1942). Yet it was a blast and not frustrating. The same is true for FH/FH2. So, I hope that BF3 modes will appropriately distinguish that type of play. I did not try BC2 so don't know if modes were done well.
From what I can remember I never felt like things were unbalanced either. I know snipers were a bit irritating at times, but other than that it was pure fun. I prefer original 1942 though. One reason being the planes were much more fun and none of this AA nonsense. Flack cannons were much more balanced and even fun to try and dodge. But yea, DC did seem like a much better game than BF2. Things like commander and spotting ruined it.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:14 PM   #647
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

You guys are brining back memories talking about BF42 . Easily my favorite shooter of all time. My favorite thing was the sea battles though, nothing ever came close to that game .
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 12:52 AM   #648
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
You guys are brining back memories talking about BF42 . Easily my favorite shooter of all time. My favorite thing was the sea battles though, nothing ever came close to that game .
I totally just re-installed it and holy CRAP is it hard. I forgot how hard it was.

And I was totally not prepared for getting NAILED by a barbed wire fence.

If anyone wants to play some 1942 send me a message (AcidOsmosis on Xfire).

Last edited by acidosmosis : Apr 17, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
acidosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:16 PM   #649
Auric
Bananad

I need to sort out a problem with PunkBuster as it fails to initialize for BF1942 (but BF2 is okay). Running pbweb does not help nor does pbsetup (BF1942 was actually dropped from inclusion at some point but I found a pbweb.htm to restore it and thus allow update check). Sad panda.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:37 PM   #650
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
I need to sort out a problem with PunkBuster as it fails to initialize for BF1942 (but BF2 is okay). Running pbweb does not help nor does pbsetup (BF1942 was actually dropped from inclusion at some point but I found a pbweb.htm to restore it and thus allow update check). Sad panda.
I actually didn't install PB for 1942. I've been on one or two servers without a problem and they didn't require it. Only a few servers running vanilla 1942 now, but there's still a lot running DC.

Ran a dedicated server for about 6 hours today and didn't have any problems. A few people came in and played for a while, which was surprising in the middle of my game.

The servers that I was on run maps like Berlin, which isn't really fun anymore to me. The fun in 1942 is still in maps like Alamein. I played that map for about 2 hours today.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:11 PM   #651
muzz
Rage3D Veteran

muzz is still being judged by the masses

I like the SP of these games, so I'm hoping it's decent.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:48 PM   #652
Auric
Bananad

PB seems to be working for BF1942 since running pbsvc. Servers which do not require it and/or are not Pure must be modified. I'm not keen on those as they invariably have a silly mix of vehicles; and worse, crazily fast trucks for spastastic capture the flag.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:20 PM   #653
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
PB seems to be working for BF1942 since running pbsvc. Servers which do not require it and/or are not Pure must be modified. I'm not keen on those as they invariably have a silly mix of vehicles; and worse, crazily fast trucks for spastastic capture the flag.
I think 1942 was always more fun on the largest open maps with about 12 players and maybe another 12 bots to fill in some space.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:45 AM   #654
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Okay so when should we expect to see what MP looks like because I am pretty sure the majority of people getting BF3 will be doing so for MP mainly.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:50 AM   #655
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

As long as I can still sneak into the enemy's base, hang around the airfield, plant C4 on a waiting plane, then watch it take off with someone inside then I can detonate away, ill be buying BF3.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:00 PM   #656
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I loved doing this especially when they were in the air for few minutes
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:09 PM   #657
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
I loved doing this especially when they were in the air for few minutes
That, and C4 jeep kamikaze were my favorite things to do
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:58 PM   #658
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
As long as I can still sneak into the enemy's base, hang around the airfield, plant C4 on a waiting plane, then watch it take off with someone inside then I can detonate away, ill be buying BF3.
That's so evil... I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:01 PM   #659
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I miss moments like that and most of the maps in Bad Company 2 never allow for those epic sabotage missions. They're usually bottlenecked so much, flanking and planting C4 on the enemy's equipment is nearly impossible unless there aren't many players in the server or the opposing team consists of monkeys. I miss the gigantic 1942 desert maps that allowed you to perform those crazy airfield ambushes! You had the large hangars, too, that some people hid inside to try and kill people as they spawned and waited on planes to spawn!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:12 PM   #660
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I miss moments like that and most of the maps in Bad Company 2 never allow for those epic sabotage missions. They're usually bottlenecked so much, flanking and planting C4 on the enemy's equipment is nearly impossible unless there aren't many players in the server or the opposing team consists of monkeys. I miss the gigantic 1942 desert maps that allowed you to perform those crazy airfield ambushes! You had the large hangars, too, that some people hid inside to try and kill people as they spawned and waited on planes to spawn!
Yea 1942 was amazing.

So when are you guys going to install it and play with me? I have a server setup and ready. X-fire me if you want in.