Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 14, 2021, 02:45 PM   #541
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
You had an issue somewhere else. RAM can make a difference, especially from shitty 3000Mhz, but not that dramatic.
except that my scores at the time were pretty in line with the others that people were getting.

Though, different drivers too.

Also yeah, that’s what the WTH? Was about.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 03:30 PM   #542
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If that was a pre built system even the 3000 MHz ram timings would be too loose.
I just got a system and it has 3200 MHz ram with timings of CL22. I thought I would never see such crap timings ever in my life but they exist.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 04:37 PM   #543
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
If that was a pre built system even the 3000 MHz ram timings would be too loose.
I just got a system and it has 3200 MHz ram with timings of CL22. I thought I would never see such crap timings ever in my life but they exist.
Yeah, they weren’t that crap. 3000mhz 16-20-20-38 I think. Put them in that 9400f 1660ti system I picked up for $400 for the step son last Christmas because it only has 1 8 gig stick. Sadly, it doesn’t support XMP or manual ram tuning so it was just a benefit of going from 8 gig single channel to 16gig dual channel but still at base DDR4 speed and timings.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:13 PM   #544
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:37 PM   #545
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
What was your highest with the TUF?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:38 PM   #546
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
What was your highest with the TUF?
That was a 3080. It was 12109 on the 5900X and 12398 on 8700K.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:40 PM   #547
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
That was a 3080. It was 12109 on the 5900X and 12398 on 8700K.
In actual FPS what's the difference in the graphics tests?

yoz
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:42 PM   #548
KAC

Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:44 PM   #549
acroig
Master Troll

6 FPS, ok, better than I thought to be honest.

yoz
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:49 PM   #550
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
6 FPS, ok, better than I thought to be honest.
It is slightly over 10%. Btw that ASUS TUF OC wasn't a 24/7 overclock anyways. I think post hybrid I maybe able to hit slightly better score. Also I didn't give any extra volts to this card. ASUS had +100 mV applied and fans ramped up. So it is quite early to call it a "fair" comparison. Given I am scared shitless about warranty issues, I am not pushing the card right now.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:51 PM   #551
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
It is slightly over 10%. Btw that ASUS TUF OC wasn't a 24/7 overclock anyways. I think post hybrid I maybe able to hit slightly better score. Also I didn't give any extra volts to this card. ASUS had +100 mV applied and fans ramped up. So it is quite early to call it a "fair" comparison. Given I am scared shitless about warranty issues, I am not pushing the card right now.
Smart. When you getting the hybrid kit?

yoz
Old Feb 23, 2021, 01:01 PM   #552
KAC

Waiting on Pauly right now.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 01:02 PM   #553
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Waiting on Pauly right now.
Yeah he said it'll take a while to get the kit from CA.

yoz
Old Feb 23, 2021, 01:42 PM   #554
KAC

He got the kit and asked for my addy. Which I provided. He must be busy so no urgency. Once he tells me how much to pay etc it can arrive in a couple of weeks.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:54 AM   #555
KAC

Last edited by KAC : Feb 24, 2021 at 01:56 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:07 AM   #556
oap
3900x, 3090FE

oap is still being judged by the masses

oap is offline   Reply With Quote