Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Oct 21, 2001, 12:58 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zyphria
Radeon R600

Zyphria is still being judged by the masses

Default Little Counter-Strike + truform issue....

Ok first...ONLY weapon models are getting TRUFORM'd...not players or the maps. Secondly....my weapons look like someone blew them full of air...yeah I'm exaggerating but my silencer on my USP is pretty fat, same with Colt Carbine.

Any solutions?
Zyphria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2001, 01:09 AM   #2
ChiKaze

Location: Zen mastery involves losing everything. This includes losing your zen mastery.
ChiKaze is still being judged by the masses

turn truform off?
Old Oct 21, 2001, 01:50 AM   #3
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

find these entries in your CS config.cfg file:

Quote:
ati_subdiv "X"
ati_npatch "X"
ati_subdiv "X" (X equals number between 1-7, the higher the number the more "bloated" your weapons look. I run it at 2.)
ati_npatch "X" (X equals either 1 for ON or 0 for OFF)
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2001, 01:58 AM   #4
BobaPhunk
Radeon R420

BobaPhunk is still being judged by the masses

I noticed that in DOD...Only the weapons appeared truformed. Soldiers still had polygonal joints around the elbows and shoulders. I tried changing the ati_subdiv from 1-5, and still didn't see much difference....strange...
BobaPhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2001, 03:18 AM   #5
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

In CS the hostages are truformed.
They look real good too compared to the non-truformed hostages.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2001, 03:47 AM   #6
MSU_DUDE
Me fail English? That's..

MSU_DUDE is still being judged by the masses

What's the point of this truform really?

I can't really REALLY seem to notice it when I go into a game or play normally in pure action.

The only really way is if I STOP and look. In general, I know it is on because of the gay weapon bloats. Not only that, the models don't look more impressive. As much as I was excited about this at first, now I think HOS(RT AND N patches) is just BS.
MSU_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2001, 08:11 AM   #7
Valkoinen
Taffer

Valkoinen is still being judged by the masses

I don't think patching truform into an existing game is going to give too good results. The game is already optimized for low poly settings and adding truform is either quirky if done fast or decent if done with time and effort.

But when a game supports truform from the beginning so that developers have designed which parts are truformed from the beginning things should look very different. Just imagine what a skillful truforming can do to landscapes, buildings, vehicles and character models. I'd like to see well rounded car models, smooth arcs and domes in buildings and character faces that are not blocky.

Truform has potential, but somebody has to know how to use it first.
Valkoinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2001, 02:21 PM   #8
seismic
Radeon R200

seismic is still being judged by the masses

Default I want Truform...

What would need to be done to CS to have truform implemented correctly? My CS game looks nothing like the screenshots from anandtech. I've got both of those options turned on, and I noticed that only the bomb backpack and weapons are truformed. Why is this?
seismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2001, 05:01 PM   #9
DaLurker
Radeon R420

DaLurker is still being judged by the masses

I have a Radeon LE, but Truform get's enabled automatically w/ the new official drivers from ATi, and i got to say it looks nice. Everything definately looks a lot "rounder" and "smoother", although the fps goes to hell. Combined w/ Anistropic filtering, and damn it's nice!
Sound Card : SB Live Value!
Memory : 512MB Hynix PC 2700 7-3-3-2
Hard Drive(s): 40gb 7200 RPM Western Digital Special Edition
CD Drive : Afreey 50x
CD Writer : Liteon 32x12x40
DaLurker is offline   Reply With Quote