Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Feb 18, 2020, 03:47 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default RGB madness

I am trying to go full RGB on my putter. For this I need 4 RGB fans of 120 mm and 2 RGB fans of 140 mm. Not sure which is the best set of fans to replace with but prices are insane to go full on gay. What fans are you gays using and why? I need 3 120 mm to move air through my Corsair H150i so they have to be good.

Also these mofos need to be silent af.

Right now I am hovering between Corsair HD (cheap) vs Corsair SP (reasonable price) vs Corsair ML and LL (expensive). I also don’t know the difference between ML and LL.

Thoughts?

Here is a shot of the computer thus far.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 04:06 PM   #2
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'd only go for the upper end Corsair fans based on my personal experience.

Are you going RGB or aRGB?

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 04:11 PM   #3
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t know what RGB vs aRGB means. Upper end Corsair fans seem to have lower CFM than SP and HD fans. Is that a problem?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 18, 2020, 04:33 PM   #4
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It's addressable RGB.

The trade off with the SP and HD fans is noise and lifetime.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 07:10 PM   #5
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'd go with Corsair.

My setup consists of 4 140mm PWM fans at the top and back. The H150i fans are stock and hidden between radiator and front case so didn't do RGB there. You should look into front mounting that radiator for better flow.

Fan differences come down to the bearings used and type of RGB, addressable or not etc..

LL series fans are old now, but the rainbow lighting mode goes well with the default G skill ram rainbow mode. I'd look into either the LL series or ML.

You'll be able to control all the RGB/fan speed using iCue now (needs commander pro), with the exception of the RAM and GPU. Everything else including RGB strips work. I'm not sure G Skill RAM is coming to iCue but it has improved the overall control a bit.

Last edited by Megaman : Feb 18, 2020 at 07:41 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 07:16 PM   #6
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I would recommend trading your maid for a male stripper. He would compliment that computer far more than any fans ever could.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2020, 07:37 PM   #7
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I would recommend trading your maid for a male stripper. He would compliment that computer far more than any fans ever could.
Brutal!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote