Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:11 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Default Industrial cooler design now for pc users

Basically a high end air cooler but the design of no moving parts outside of the fans and the cooling capability of a good AIO has sold me one:

https://www.icegiantcooling.com/

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...osiphon-cooler

For 120$ its good enough of a deal and the end model will weigh less than the Noctua NH-D15. My aio is about 4 years old and I feel they have about a 5 year lifespan for the pump and water loss over time so was looking for something to replace it. This thing has been used in industrial settings for some time due to low maintenance and durability so its not experimental and has a ~10 year lifespan outside the fans. Thats nuts but probably any air cooler with heat pipes can claim similar durability outside the fans...

I just hope this will work on AM5 socket in a few years.

I also like the cooling orientation bottom to top chimney style. My case can accomodate that.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.12.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.12.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 01:06 AM   #2
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Why no comparison to noctua nh-d15?

Doesn't seem very impressive.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 02:16 AM   #3
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Why no comparison to noctua nh-d15?

Doesn't seem very impressive.

Probably because of the wattage tested. Thats why they used the noctua 14 TR as this was a hedt setting pushing higher ocs/watts. I think if the i115 corsair aio throttles at 400w then my bet is you cant run nh-d15 at all. Most air coolers top out around 250-300w. Tho noctua doesnt give heat dissipation specs for its coolers they might go a bit higher than that for standard sockets like am4.

If you used this cooler on am4 at ~200w you might not even need the fans.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.12.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.12.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 16, 2019, 08:50 AM   #4
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Looks like it is just because the 14 has a Threadripper base.

NH-D15 still has better overall cooling, at least for smaller cpu. Better or as good as the best water coolers.

Considering the size of the thing, it doesn't seem very impressive. All Noctua would have to do to match it is release a NH-D15 with a noisier higher speed fan and a TR block.

I hate referencing THG, but they are the only other outlet that did a review so far. You can see that it is just barely beating the 14 and the 14 is using a much lower flow fan. For a better comparison, the coolers should be running comparable fans, or at least at comparable noise levels. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...iphon-cooler/2

Last edited by aviphysics : Dec 16, 2019 at 11:56 AM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:22 AM   #5
pax
Rage3D Spammer

The prototype of it beat an ek 360 AIO and the retail ver is basically a 240mm rad with 3 cooling pipes instead of the 2 in the prototype. Not sure how it would fare vs the noctua 15 but seems it can dissipate a lot more heat. It maybe that the noctua and other ac's makes more sense for smaller sockets but I cant stand their size.

I will try some good high static pressure fans with it if the retail is still using the deltas. Maybe even push pull.

Have to add that they are getting these results using just aluminium, no copper. Like Linus said if they did make a copper version temps would almost certainly be even better.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 16, 2019, 04:59 PM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm interested. Engineers are apparently planning on making it much smaller with no loss of performance...

I'll wait for it to land at MicroCenter + a few more reviews...I like it though.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 07:33 PM   #7
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

yeah ill def be watching this one. If they do a copper version and can reduce the size by a decent amount id be in for one (though id still maintain a custom loop for my gpu.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:06 PM   #8
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

That cooler weighs 4.85lbs. what's the weight limit can a mobo support?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:18 PM   #9
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
That cooler weighs 4.85lbs. what's the weight limit can a mobo support?
Thats the prototype only. The retail model will weigh 100 grams less than the NH-D15. About 2 lbs.

I remember reading when heatpipes came out how they were to have full loops eventually but they never got around to it. Cost was an issue at the time but things have moved since then. Id have waited if it was too close to 200$ but the pre order price of 120$ was good enough for me to try this.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:21 PM   #10
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Thats the prototype only. The retail model will weigh 100 grams less than the NH-D15. About 2 lbs.

I remember reading when heatpipes came out how they were to have full loops eventually but they never got around to it. Cost was an issue at the time but things have moved since then. Id have waited if it was too close to 200$ but the pre order price of 120$ was good enough for me to try this.
Because it isn't like products that over promise and under deliver come along every day. You got to jump on this turd while it's still steaming hot.

If there was a way to short this company, I would love to jump on that bandwagon.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:26 AM   #11
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Because it isn't like products that over promise and under deliver come along every day. You got to jump on this turd while it's still steaming hot.

If there was a way to short this company, I would love to jump on that bandwagon.
They've been making these coolers for data centers for some time whats makes you think they are fly by night?

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 17, 2019, 04:41 AM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
yeah ill def be watching this one. If they do a copper version and can reduce the size by a decent amount id be in for one (though id still maintain a custom loop for my gpu.
He said in that video that the company told him the final product would be about a third the size of that behemoth he's testing with no performance hit.

Grain of salt maybe...but I'm open to the possibility
Old Dec 17, 2019, 06:18 AM   #13
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I pre-ordered one
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 07:23 AM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I pre-ordered one
Did the company give any indication of when you should expect to have it?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:06 AM   #15
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Looks like it is just because the 14 has a Threadripper base.

NH-D15 still has better overall cooling, at least for smaller cpu. Better or as good as the best water coolers.

Considering the size of the thing, it doesn't seem very impressive. All Noctua would have to do to match it is release a NH-D15 with a noisier higher speed fan and a TR block.

I hate referencing THG, but they are the only other outlet that did a review so far. You can see that it is just barely beating the 14 and the 14 is using a much lower flow fan. For a better comparison, the coolers should be running comparable fans, or at least at comparable noise levels. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...iphon-cooler/2
I had the same thoughts as well but I guess the advantage of this design is if they can make it much smaller as claimed. That said there doesn't seem much point in reviewing in this form because it doesn't mean it's going to work as well in its smaller size.

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:09 AM   #16
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I pre-ordered one
Surprising considering you have an H150. I don't think it'll outperform a 360mm AIO.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:31 AM   #17
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Did the company give any indication of when you should expect to have it?
Ya they said spring 2020. They are being made now but they want to stress test the first batch of a few thousand units once they get back so sounds like they will test every unit. I suppose once they get that relationship with the likely chinese manufacturer established for quality assurance the wait times wont be so long.

If they can make a copper one for under 200$ Ill get that one as well. Im actually thinking of using one of my old swiftech copper HS to mill it into a copper plate for it... Its big slug of a copper plate I had used to cool my old celeron 300a oced to 450...

www.realitysandwich.com

Last edited by pax : Dec 17, 2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:46 AM   #18
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Ya they said spring 2020. They are being made now but they want to stress test the first batch of a few thousand units once they get back so sounds like they will test every unit. I suppose once they get that relationship with the likely chinese manufacturer established for quality assurance the wait times wont be so long.

If they can make a copper one for under 200$ Ill get that one as well. Im actually thinking of using one of my old swiftech copper HS to mill it into a copper plate for it... Its big slug of a copper plate I had used to cool my old celeron 300a oced to 450...
Spring 2020...that's not so bad. I can wait for testing on the final product, thanks.

If it just meets Noctua's best then it'll be down to best bang for the buck. Assuming my AIO lasts until then lol.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 01:11 PM   #19
pax
Rage3D Spammer

I remember reading about issues with heatpipes when they first started to use them in coolers that too much pressure might build up if too much liquid evaporated. I imagine its the same here with what seems to be holding a lot more liquid... How much heat to how much pressure in that closed environment. Im also wondering if aluminium pipes are weaker than copper ones. Probably the first gen is gonna built a bit sturdier.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 17, 2019, 01:29 PM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I remember reading about issues with heatpipes when they first started to use them in coolers that too much pressure might build up if too much liquid evaporated. I imagine its the same here with what seems to be holding a lot more liquid... How much heat to how much pressure in that closed environment. Im also wondering if aluminium pipes are weaker than copper ones. Probably the first gen is gonna built a bit sturdier.
Well, aluminum is softer than copper. I was mildly surprised to see this being manufactured from aluminum. Heat tolerances will be lower which can impact structural integrity over time...but I'm pretty sure they know a lot more about it than I do

I'd love to see an announcement that their final products will be copper. Stronger and possibly better performing, but then there's the weight to contend with. They really will need that 66% size reduction mentioned in the video.

I would think samples ought to be making their way to reviewers en mass quite soon though. I really hope they meet the claims we've heard so far.

I want one
Old Dec 17, 2019, 03:53 PM   #21
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcl7 View Post
I had the same thoughts as well but I guess the advantage of this design is if they can make it much smaller as claimed. That said there doesn't seem much point in reviewing in this form because it doesn't mean it's going to work as well in its smaller size.
The point seems to be getting people to order a literal pipe dream.

If it is so easy for them to make it so much smaller and lighter, then it seems rediculous for them to be sending out this brick for review. My guess is that the final product won't be anywhere near expectations.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 04:28 PM   #22
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Well, aluminum is softer than copper. I was mildly surprised to see this being manufactured from aluminum. Heat tolerances will be lower which can impact structural integrity over time...but I'm pretty sure they know a lot more about it than I do

I'd love to see an announcement that their final products will be copper. Stronger and possibly better performing, but then there's the weight to contend with. They really will need that 66% size reduction mentioned in the video.

I would think samples ought to be making their way to reviewers en mass quite soon though. I really hope they meet the claims we've heard so far.

I want one
and 600 bucks and installed with a floor jack

i'll stick with full water

that thing is going to break motherboards
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 04:41 PM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
and 600 bucks and installed with a floor jack

i'll stick with full water

that thing is going to break motherboards

I'm thinking a custom made (by me) retaining bracket.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 05:03 PM   #24
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

I'm thinking a custom made (by me) retaining bracket.
just leave the chain fall on the lifting eye bolt
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 07:18 PM   #25
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

CavemanJim has his digitalus on the IceGiant marketing pulse it seems :D

https://twitter.com/cavemanjim/statu...03934028185602

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 07:27 PM   #26
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Surprising considering you have an H150. I don't think it'll outperform a 360mm AIO.
Probably will be comparable to the 360mm AIO but it has the benefit of not dumping all the hot air from my 3900x onto my 2080Ti.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 07:55 PM   #27
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Probably will be comparable to the 360mm AIO but it has the benefit of not dumping all the hot air from my 3900x onto my 2080Ti.
What case? Run the AIO as an exhaust. No way I'd want to dump the heat from my 9900K at my 2080TI.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 08:14 PM   #28
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
The point seems to be getting people to order a literal pipe dream.

If it is so easy for them to make it so much smaller and lighter, then it seems rediculous for them to be sending out this brick for review. My guess is that the final product won't be anywhere near expectations.
I suspect you're probably right as it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:18 PM   #29
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
What case? Run the AIO as an exhaust. No way I'd want to dump the heat from my 9900K at my 2080TI.
Fractal R6. If I switch the radiator to a top mount - that will mean it will pick up all the heat dumped from the 2080Ti.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:23 PM   #30
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

if the final product is reduced to 1/3 the prototypes size, it will result in 1/3 the prototype's cooling ability.
Reducing the size will reduce the surface area of the fins, which will also restrict the air flow across the fins as well, which in the end, will drastically reduce it's cooling capabilities because it won't be able to cool the heat pipes as effectively. Basically there 1/3 reduction in size with no performance hit is a Pipe Dream.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Dec 17, 2019 at 11:33 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote