Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:11 PM   #2281
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've been wearing a n95 mask for a bit now. People do look but **** em. If half the people took it seriously this would be a lot less serious. Plus some people avoid you which is another bonus.

Btw those n95 can be used a lot longer for this situation. All it does is block the large water droplets containing the virus. If you disinfect the mask, the virus is dead and then it will work basically as good.

You can disinfect by using steam, oven, hydrogen peroxide (they're using this in medical situations), uva-c, and also just by rotating it (don't use for a week)

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...ow-509287.html

Last edited by nutcrackr : Apr 8, 2020 at 11:22 PM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:12 PM   #2282
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
How to clean and reuse an N95 mask

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-c...e-an-n95-mask/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM   #2283
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I wear a surgical mask and latex gloves to the grocery store. It is how I went in Nascar24 Mum last night.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM   #2284
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
You tried that? Thinking I may have to - only have 1 N95 mask that I’ve given to my wife. The only face covering I have is the bandana I use when I ride (skull nose/mouth in front) and I’ve gotten some weird looks whilst wearing that while getting groceries. My wife says that I look like I came straight out of “The Purge”

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #2285
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
You tried that? Thinking I may have to - only have 1 N95 mask that I’ve given to my wife. The only face covering I have is the bandana I use when I ride (skull nose/mouth in front) and I’ve gotten some weird looks whilst wearing that while getting groceries. My wife says that I look like I came straight out of “The Purge”

yoz
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #2286
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

We saw this on TV last night - it's a bit odd, but something really touching that came out of all of this mess. Worth a share imo.

https://youtu.be/nWwVFywBCeY
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #2287
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
We saw this on TV last night - it's a bit odd, but something really touching that came out of all of this mess. Worth a share imo.

https://youtu.be/nWwVFywBCeY
Nice!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #2288
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

So we are at the worst of the infection period here in WI and my pops is so stir crazy yesterday he is like I am going out fishing in the morning. Then he comes back and is like I am going out for lunch!! I am like WTF
And my mom is like pick us up something good!! I am like why the frick do I want infection food when we have a house full of food here? What the hell is going on with you morons!!

Well I guess they hit their limit. Here are people I love with happy smiles on their old faces talking about going out shopping and visiting the grand kids and here I am the evil son telling them. No, no one wants to see you that is why they are not coming over to see you and telling you no birthday parties and no visits!!!

Sit your old @$$ down!!! because I love you!

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM   #2289
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Gas hit $1.48 at a local station here. That's down almost $1 in the last 6 months. Makes sense, though. Demand for petrol products is way down. My truck is sitting with the same tank of gas for the past 3 weeks. I usually fill up every 5 days.

On the upside, global pollution from cars is way down. I saw pictures of LA yesterday, where you could actually see the skyline and surrounding hills. Beautiful.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #2290
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Wave 2 incoming as the federal government is ending support for testing sites this Friday:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-as-peak-nears

Combine that with the CDC's changes to those exposed and rules for continuing working (if asymptomatic, they can continue to work with masks and gloves, or that is how I understand it)

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM   #2291
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Wave 2 incoming as the federal government is ending support for testing sites this Friday:

WHY!? WTF!!!

yoz
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM   #2292
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
WHY!? WTF!!!
We will have to hash that out in the p&r area, which I also put the comment there. (I also added the part about the CDC changes)

All I am going to say here, is it's like sending the pit crew home when you believe you are about to win the Daytona 500 when you are about to get over the peak of half way thru the race.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Yesterday at 09:33 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #2293
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Gas hit $1.48 at a local station here. That's down almost $1 in the last 6 months. Makes sense, though. Demand for petrol products is way down. My truck is sitting with the same tank of gas for the past 3 weeks. I usually fill up every 5 days.

On the upside, global pollution from cars is way down. I saw pictures of LA yesterday, where you could actually see the skyline and surrounding hills. Beautiful.
$1.12 here, same tank for 2 weeks. I keep wanting to fill up as I see the prices drop but I do not need gas so...

But my brain is like get it while it is cheap man!!!

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #2294
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
We will have to hash that out in the p&r area, which I also put the comment there. (I also added the part about the CDC changes)

All I am going to say here, is it's like sending the pit crew home when you believe you are about to win the Daytona 500 when you are about to get over the peak of half way thru the race.
Yeah sorry, I'm out of P&R.

Totally agree with you.

yoz
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #2295
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #2296
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

Immune system response potentially doing more damage to your body than the virus itself:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/haywire...nt-11586430001

An immune system gone haywire may be doing more damage than the coronavirus itself in patients with the severest forms of Covid-19, doctors and scientists say, a growing theory that could point the way to potential treatments.

Much remains unknown about the path the virus takes in the sickest patients, but an increasing number of experts believe a hyperactive immune response, rather than the virus, is what ultimately kills many Covid-19 patients.

The out-of-control immune response eventually causes the patients’ lungs to stop delivering oxygen to the rest of organs, leading to respiratory failure and in some cases death, the experts say. The malfunctioning immune system may be driving the rapid decline in lung function experienced by some patients, including younger and relatively healthy ones, after the initial onset of symptoms, doctors say.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #2297
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
i have 4 n95's i rotate them and keep them in their own ziploc bag on the truck dash in the heat and sun for a hour after use
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM   #2298
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Immune system response potentially doing more damage to your body than the virus itself:

An immune system gone haywire may be doing more damage than the coronavirus itself in patients with the severest forms of Covid-19, doctors and scientists say, a growing theory that could point the way to potential treatments.

Much remains unknown about the path the virus takes in the sickest patients, but an increasing number of experts believe a hyperactive immune response, rather than the virus, is what ultimately kills many Covid-19 patients.

The out-of-control immune response eventually causes the patients’ lungs to stop delivering oxygen to the rest of organs, leading to respiratory failure and in some cases death, the experts say. The malfunctioning immune system may be driving the rapid decline in lung function experienced by some patients, including younger and relatively healthy ones, after the initial onset of symptoms, doctors say.
That's frightening....
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #2299
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post

That's not unique to this virus though, it's called a cytokine storm and you are correct in that it often does more damage (even fatal) to the body than the invader itself...which is ironic. The flu is also known to cause this, as well as many other viruses.

https://www.newscientist.com/term/cytokine-storm/

But I also read a theory that covid-19 could be suppressing the immune system (similar to how HIV does only not as effective) which could explain why it takes so long to get rid of it.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #2300
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Its a common thing tho its why we have so many anti inflammatory drugs and anti histamines are so often recommended to calm the immune system down after a cold.

Im sure they are using a bunch of these in clinical tests on covid patients.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.1.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.1.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #2301
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

Combine that with the CDC's changes to those exposed and rules for continuing working (if asymptomatic, they can continue to work with masks and gloves, or that is how I understand it)
Less testing doesn't really mean a second wave, does it? If anything you'd see less cases. But I guess you could say they might relax rules and then you'd see a second wave.

There should be no relaxing of rules until at least 4 weeks after the peak, preferably 8 weeks.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #2302
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Less testing doesn't really mean a second wave, does it? If anything you'd see less cases. But I guess you could say they might relax rules and then you'd see a second wave.

There should be no relaxing of rules until at least 4 weeks after the peak, preferably 8 weeks.
Less testing means less people knowing they have it, which equals more people getting sick and increasing the death count. But many states are already running out of testing kits, so what appears to be the peak may not necessarily be the peak.

You also have to figure in the push to end stay at home orders earlier than they should, and states that are refusing to put stay in orders in place, is also going to be a large factor in the second wave.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Yesterday at 06:58 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #2303
Jay20016
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Less testing means less people knowing they have it, which equals more people getting sick and increasing the death count.
Requiring another lock down.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote