Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Feb 25, 2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
XP Ace
Radeon R100

XP Ace is still being judged by the masses

Default ATI MMC Killer?!?!

i have stumbled onto what will replace ATI MMC on my system. its called ShowShifter. maybe you have tried it but if you havent, i would recommend it. ATI MMC was working very well for me when i was running a single p3-1GHz. Since I upgraded to Dual p3-1Ghz, ATI MMC is flakey under SMP; even so after reformat. It would randomly freeze during TV viewing or when closing.

ShowShifter works well in my system. The program is pretty young but stability is WAY better than ATI. It lacks some simple features like "recall CH" and direct channel input from number pad (number home row works though).

http://www.shakeupmedia.com
Pros:
NO GARBLED IMAGE!
TV view
Digital VCR
Scheduler
DVD/CD playback
MP3 playback
Support DScaler deinterlacing filters
File conversions
IR Remote support (Nvidia or 3rd party like IR-Man)

Cons:
No still capture
GUI is semi-cheesy
Lacks a few simple features (i.e. channel change with numberpad)

The DScaler filters support is for an older version but they are working with the DScaler team to incorporate more of Dscaler.

My System:
Dual P3-1GHz (latest revision)
512MB PC133 RAM
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM & 20GB 7200RPM
ATI TV Wonder PCI
GeForce 2 GTS
WindowsXP Professional

Last edited by XP Ace : Feb 25, 2002 at 07:00 PM.
XP Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:54 AM   #2
Sulik
Radeon R420

Sulik is still being judged by the masses

I have no problems here on my Dual P3-700, so I don't think it's a MMC issue (Using Radeon AIW, though).
Sulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:47 AM   #3
XP Ace
Radeon R100

XP Ace is still being judged by the masses

I see. I tried it with both 7.5 and 7.1. DScaler doesnt freeze up like ATI MMC, so i figured it wasnt hardware. i was using the same mobo when i was running single p3 and didnt have a problem. upgrade was simply dropping in the 2nd cpu and no other change. so i dont think its the mobo. so i assumed it was the software. ATI has several MMC, for AIW, TV Wonder PCI, TV Wonder USB, etc. so possibly the problem lies within MMC for TV Wonder PCI.

Thanks for you input.
XP Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 4, 2002, 10:06 PM   #4
kinney
old school ownage

kinney is still being judged by the masses

Intervideos WinDVR is what I've been looking into but its very expensive 100bucks.

I cant comprehend these problems with the ati tv tuner myself, could you imagine if a auto maker put out cars that you had to touch the right window while turning the key to get it to start?

OK well the nissans and TOYota trucks I've owned were the closest to that! Like the constant ATI vs. NV quality comparisons I havent seen where ATI is better myself much like the famed toyotas. Everytime I ride in one and hear that 4banger roar I just want to say "man, this car SUCKS!"

Thats why now I stick with American stuff, NV and GM!

Dell E6430 (i5 3320M) | Intel X25-V G2 40GB | Win7Pro64
kinney is offline   Reply With Quote