Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:26 PM   #4531
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
If 4000 series is great, it will have the same problem the 3000 series is having now. You might as well just advise people to avoid upgrading I general, because next year's stuff will be better. That isn't bad advice, but you also might as well upgrade, if you are at the point that you feel you need it.
if they are only going to give us 25% to 30% uplift per generation we might as well skip every other one
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:50 AM   #4532
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

[quote=bill dennison;1338260766][url]https://wccftech.com/nvidias-hopper-architecture-will-be-made-on-tsmcs-5nm-process-launching-

if they can go with TSMC do you really think they will stick with Samsung

Thes articles are dated December 2020. It says Nvidia HAVE signed a multi-billion $ contract with Samsung for 8nm wafers for RTX30 series.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/nvidia-might-beat-amd-in-gpu-stock-thanks-to-new-samsung-deal.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nvidia-just-signed-a-multi-million-dollar-deal-to-create-a-whole-load-more-rtx-30-series-gpus/

https://hexus.net/business/news/components/147182-nvidia-inks-important-ampere-production-deal-samsung/

Can't see them spending multi-billion $ on Samsung and releasing the 4080 on 5nm with TSMC this year. Most of the reports regarding TSMC seem to be just click bait and pure conjecture TBH.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 09:54 AM   #4533
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:26 AM   #4534
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Rumored price of the 3080ti 999?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:51 AM   #4535
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Rumored price of the 3080ti 999?
I would assume the FE would be that (to compete with 6900 XT) and much higher for AIB parts.

yoz
Old Jan 17, 2021, 02:17 PM   #4536
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Jan 17, 2021, 02:18 PM   #4537
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Quote:
I would assume the FE would be that (to compete with 6900 XT) and much higher for AIB parts.
if it ever does see the light of day which i highly doubt it or it will be just more unobtanium

if it does it will depend on memory 12gb 999 FE maybe but with the latest price increases most likely = 1049 to 1099

a 3080 ti FE 16 to 20 gb = 1199
and a Strix 1349 and on ebay for 1999
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 02:24 PM   #4538
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

Delayed indefinitely due to community response, but those same people who are complaining about stock are ready to buy as soon as its released At this point anything in between the 3080 and the 3090 will probably sell like hot cakes because people cant get a 3080 but cant justify the price of the 3090. So a 1k retail 3080ti will sell out immediately... especially with the demand for any 3000 series card very high.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 02:33 PM   #4539
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Delayed indefinitely due to community response, but those same people who are complaining about stock are ready to buy as soon as its released At this point anything in between the 3080 and the 3090 will probably sell like hot cakes because people cant get a 3080 but cant justify the price of the 3090. So a 1k retail 3080ti will sell out immediately... especially with the demand for any 3000 series card very high.
I agree.

yoz
Old Jan 17, 2021, 02:46 PM   #4540
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Also agree. Here in the UK there are still thousands who've paid and still waiting in a queue for 3080 from launch day. As I said in an earlier post Nvidia are better off fulfilling those orders first before launching a 3080ti. Can you imagine the uproar if they released the 3080ti with 20gb before they had fulfilled orders for the 3080 10GB?

Personally I don't understand this paying your money up front and then waiting nearly five months to get a card. Couldn't get a 3080 so upped my budget and got a 3090 which I'm enjoying for over a month now. If you look at O/C UK forum there's loads of people like me just buying the 3090 because they can't get hold of a 3080.

I think you're looking at least £$1,399 for a 3080ti and they'll move the 3090 to £$1,599 or more to differentiate. We all know Nvidia.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 17, 2021, 03:02 PM   #4541
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I can wait for a 3080Ti or whatever down the road.

The only two games I really wanted the 3080 for was Watch Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk 2077. After the last couple of patches Watch Dogs Legion performance is finally up to snuff even with ray tracing on with just some minor tweaks, nothing compared to the performance atrocity at launch. I'll be able to enjoy multiplayer modes and DLC content once they're released with current settings.

Cyberpunk I bought but don't plan on playing until the game undergoes a few major patches, which should include some performance improvements as well.

Not really any other game that would sweat a 3080 right now. Getting alot better performance over my 2080Ti helps alot as well, the 3080 really let me enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn at 4k 60fps locked with everything enabled.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 03:19 PM   #4542
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I can wait for a 3080Ti or whatever down the road.

The only two games I really wanted the 3080 for was Watch Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk 2077. After the last couple of patches Watch Dogs Legion performance is finally up to snuff even with ray tracing on with just some minor tweaks, nothing compared to the performance atrocity at launch. I'll be able to enjoy multiplayer modes and DLC content once they're released with current settings.

Cyberpunk I bought but don't plan on playing until the game undergoes a few major patches, which should include some performance improvements as well.

Not really any other game that would sweat a 3080 right now. Getting alot better performance over my 2080Ti helps alot as well, the 3080 really let me enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn at 4k 60fps locked with everything enabled.
Exposed you've got a 3080 so what do you think a 3080ti is going to do? It will sit between the 3080 and 3090 so maybe 10% more than a 3080 but obviously double the VRAM. It won't beat a 3090 so for anyone who already owns a 3080 it might not be a great upgrade. If you're on a 1080ti or say a 2080 hell yeah.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 03:58 PM   #4543
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't see the point either, like upgrading from 2080 to 2080 Super.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 06:48 PM   #4544
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

EVGA step up is reasonable it you can get it. Like buying a 3080 Ti on layaway.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 07:00 PM   #4545
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That's true, a step up would be worth it
Old Jan 17, 2021, 08:08 PM   #4546
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Not going from a 3080 FTW to a 3090 FTW, only about $1200
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2021, 08:34 PM   #4547
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Not going from a 3080 FTW to a 3090 FTW, only about $1200
Christ...

yoz
Old Jan 17, 2021, 09:41 PM   #4548
demo
space cadet

Referring to the non existent Ti
Old Jan 18, 2021, 07:47 AM   #4549
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Man Zotacs going for 900 smokes now. Wtf is this crap? Really should’ve grabbed the 3090 from acroig. It’s good that I am playing old games right now where FPS are already 100+ that I don’t have an urgent need for a 3090.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2021, 02:07 PM   #4550
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Man Zotacs going for 900 smokes now. Wtf is this crap? Really should’ve grabbed the 3090 from acroig. It’s good that I am playing old games right now where FPS are already 100+ that I don’t have an urgent need for a 3090.
https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/ho...vidia-rtx-3090

yoz
Old Jan 18, 2021, 04:00 PM   #4551
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
You only need to look on Overclockers UK forum to see loads of people buying the 3090 due to no stocks of the 3080. No one seems to be regretting it
Old Jan 18, 2021, 04:26 PM   #4552
demo
space cadet

^ No wonder Nvidia delayed the Ti.. they're making a killing on 3090's

Yes yes, I'm guilty too.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 04:32 PM   #4553
acroig
Master Troll

I was tempted to keep the 3090 FE but I could not justify the cost over the performance gain over the 3080.

If I did not have the 3080 I definitely would have kept it, no questions asked. I canceled the order because I did not trust myself not to have kept it once I had it.

yoz
Old Jan 18, 2021, 04:36 PM   #4554
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I can understand desperation sinking in for some people and them just caving and buying a 3090. Its sad to see it though.

I'm trying to think if I were still trying to get a card today would I cave and buy it too. I honestly am not sure.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2021, 04:37 PM   #4555
demo
space cadet

Quote:
I was tempted to keep the 3090 FE but I could not justify the cost over the performance gain over the 3080.

If I did not have the 3080 I definitely would have kept it, no questions asked. I canceled the order because I did not trust myself not to have kept it once I had it.

Wise move. I think 99% of 3090 owners will say they only got it because 3080 wasn't available.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 04:45 PM   #4556
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Wise move. I think 99% of 3090 owners will say they only got it because 3080 wasn't available.
I had it all lined up, the buyer for the 3080, the long term no interest financing for the 3090..... just could not do it for 10% more FPS.

yoz
Old Jan 18, 2021, 05:33 PM   #4557
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

And my offer of a lifetime!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2021, 05:55 PM   #4558
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
I had it all lined up, the buyer for the 3080, the long term no interest financing for the 3090..... just could not do it for 10% more FPS.
You were lucky you already had the 3080 so as I've said to Exposed not a big upgrade for you. I came from a 5700XT and in some games, without RT, I'm getting 75% to 100% improvement using Ultra settings. Other games a bit less. Wow.

I can actually play with RT and I can get up to 100fps with RT Ultra, no DLSS at 1440p. Amazing. From my point of view that's a major upgrade. Worth the money to me TBH no financing involved just paid for it there and then. No regrets.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 09:53 PM   #4559
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
You were lucky you already had the 3080 so as I've said to Exposed not a big upgrade for you. I came from a 5700XT and in some games, without RT, I'm getting 75% to 100% improvement using Ultra settings. Other games a bit less. Wow.

I can actually play with RT and I can get up to 100fps with RT Ultra, no DLSS at 1440p. Amazing. From my point of view that's a major upgrade. Worth the money to me TBH no financing involved just paid for it there and then. No regrets.
Dude you bought a 5700XT. You deserved to get shitty FPS.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 01:58 PM   #4560
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ya 3080ti isn't coming any time soon..makes no sense putting a card out there 2% slower and 4gb VRAM less than 3090, and making $500 less profit on it.
Those who said skip 3080 and wait for it....you keep waiting.
Will be 9 months between the 2 cards