Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default What's there to see and do in Chicago?

We are going to Chicago over the long weekend. Other than food, what's there to see and do there?

I am taking my Canucks Jersey there.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:34 PM   #2
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

South Side.

I would tongue **** that ass so much, she wouldn't need to wipe it for a week.
-Megaman
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:40 PM   #3
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Whats there to do in Chicago?

Get wind burn...

Seriously though, the Pier is great, and the aquarium is pretty decent as well.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:16 AM   #4
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Go see a comedy.

Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:14 AM   #5
DarkSyde
Rage3D Veteran

DarkSyde is still being judged by the masses

If heights don't bother you too much, try the Willis (Sears) tower skydeck.

Personally I'd probably crap my pants.
DarkSyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:48 AM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Check out Michigan Ave; the museums; Sears and Hancock towers; Navy Pier; Grant (Millenium) Park; stadiums; all the great food.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:19 AM   #7
Deftones
Boned

Deftones is still being judged by the masses

Deftones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:39 AM   #8
mullet

mullet can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymullet can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymullet can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Go by Obamas house.
mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:02 PM   #9
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Take the architectural tour by ferry, quite nice.

Also Millennium Park, famous blues and comedy clubs, and Willis Tower view of the Chicago from above.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:31 PM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
Take the architectural tour by ferry, quite nice.
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:50 PM   #11
Penguin
Bork, bork, bork!

Penguin is still being judged by the masses

Gaze upon our enormous bean.

As for food, visit either Pizzeria Uno (Ohio St) or Due (Wabash Ave) if you like deep dish pizza. Tempo Café on State and Chestnut is a local Greek owned diner that's been here forever and a day. They're open 24-hours and have good, reasonably priced food, and they're well known for their omelettes that are served to you in the pan, with an enormous serving of scalloped potatoes underneath. Visit Lincoln Square just off of Lawrence and Western. There are plenty of restaurants with good food there that aren't terribly expensive, and a German deli on the corner of Lincoln and Leland.

Visit the North Side if you like walking about. Plenty of nice neighborhoods full of quiet side streets, bungalows, and two/three flats.

Walk along the Lakefront Trail if it so pleases you. It extends from from Sheridan and Ardmore all the way down to 70-something. Stay out of the bike lanes, please. Those are the lanes with bikes silhouettes on them every few hundred feet, and people cycling. Always look before you cross the lanes (and that goes for streets, too), but don't be offended if not every cyclist makes you aware of their presence until zipping by. I might be one of them. If there's room for me to move over and safely pass you I likely won't call out, but if I'm going to be close because there isn't a lot of room for whatever reason, I will. Also, expect to here 'On your left!/right!' a lot. If you're in the bike lane when you hear that, GTFO.

Utilise the CTA. Buses and trains aren't always precisely on schedule, but you can be fairly certain that if you miss a bus or train that there's either one six to eight minutes away. Or if you're looking for a bus, several immediately behind the one you missed. It's not terrible, though. Just expect a system that's only adequate.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:02 PM   #12
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:05 PM   #13
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Don't get shot. Chicago is gunning for murder capital of the states lately.