Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:52 PM   #601
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
really? i dont find that. maybe at point blank, only.
I have been killed equally by assault rifles and lmg's at full across the map distance as i have from sniper rifles. The same goes for my kills, it i far easier to sniper with assault rifles at range then most sniper rifles.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:40 PM   #602
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I have been killed equally by assault rifles and lmg's at full across the map distance as i have from sniper rifles. The same goes for my kills, it i far easier to sniper with assault rifles at range then most sniper rifles.

G3 iron sights single tap ftw, probably the most accurate weapon in the game. And yer any weapon can be dead accurate if you tap, but tbh I always find the second I start to spam (3+ rounds in auto) all accuracy is lost with any weapon.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:56 PM   #603
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

ive been accused of cheating numerous times, im almost always in the top scoring range (1-3)

I tap with my smg, and can make quite the distance kills with it, taking out snipers on the crane top from the train for example etc (that one sniper freaked saying no way your cheating etc)

good way to really wrack up the score is on a map with the helios, get in an apc and just plunk away at them, really adds up fast 10k+

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:59 PM   #604
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Is that usually the best way to handle weapons in any situation in the game, just tap fire? Even including the Medic LMGs and so forth? I'm certainly not new to BC2, but sometimes if I come back to it after playing other games I find myself having trouble adjusting to the weapons.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:41 PM   #605
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Pretty much unless you have a LMG and are in semi close then you go full auto chest level and make an S, that trick has worked since 1942. Seems like the second or 3rd shot will always be a headshot and they go down fast.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:53 AM   #606
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Is that usually the best way to handle weapons in any situation in the game, just tap fire? Even including the Medic LMGs and so forth? I'm certainly not new to BC2, but sometimes if I come back to it after playing other games I find myself having trouble adjusting to the weapons.
Tap single rounds at mid to long range, burst fire (2 or 3 rounds) at short to mid range, and only go auto in very close range.

Even at short to mid range I find if you just calmly tap your weapon 9 times out of 10 you beat the guy unloading his whole clip at you, the difference is if youre accurate you can make every shot hit the target where as half of his shots will no doubt miss even though hes aiming directly at you. Sure you will take a hit or 2 but you will come out on top, run away and heal up or regen :P
It takes a bit to get used to because in the heat of battle you naturally want to kill the enemy as quick as possible and its easy to panic and spam a little.
Just get into the practice of tapping the trigger, each weapon has its own "rhythm" for how long it takes accuracy to return to normal, which you get a feel of. Like I dont tap teh G3 as fast as I can but its still pretty fast, maybe 3 rounds a second which gives accuracy enough time to return to normal between shots, 2 or 3 shots is usually all it takes when aiming high and not getting leg tags.

Last edited by demo : Apr 14, 2011 at 02:56 AM.
demo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:15 PM   #607
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

Not sure if this is new, but I just got this email from Nvidia today and thought others would like to read it.

http://www.geforce.com/#/News/articl...eld3-interview
Jerm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:26 PM   #608
Kraven
Stafoo!

Kraven is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm357 View Post
Not sure if this is new, but I just got this email from Nvidia today and thought others would like to read it.

http://www.geforce.com/#/News/articl...eld3-interview
Great article, nice to see they truly hold PC as the lead platform.

Yeah some quote goes here...

Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:09 AM   #609
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:45 AM   #610
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:47 AM   #611
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Incredible.
My jaw dropped.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:55 AM   #612
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

very very very good animations!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 09:33 AM   #613
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

that trailer was brutal.
I can't wait!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 09:46 AM   #614
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've just noticed that in the second part of the trailer, the soundtrack is made entirely out of bass and machine gun fire.

Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:02 PM   #615
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

This game is basicly going to be full of set pieces and about 4 hours of total gameplay time for the price of $60. Think i'll pass.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:07 PM   #616
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The jets are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:08 PM   #617
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

it just a recap of what we already seen except for the jets but I already saw it.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:52 PM   #618
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
it just a recap of what we already seen except for the jets but I already saw it.
Yup.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:42 PM   #619
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

I am kinda annoyed that for episode 1, 2 and 3 it's the same setting, and again we're getting the same setting and then in the 12 minute trailer we'll probably see the same kind of setting AGAIN. I mean come on, show us some air combat, tank on tank battles. I couldn't care less about the bad company-esque style they're portraying again.

Show what Battlefield is really about, not just squad based combat. Show me someone calling in a air strike, another player getting in a chopper, another player getting in a tank, another player getting in an fighter jet and helping each other out.

But the trailers are entertaining to watch, don't get me wrong, it's just the "urgh, this story is getting nowhere" feel is starting to creep on me.

Last edited by VVanks : Apr 15, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:37 PM   #620
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoLo View Post
This game is basicly going to be full of set pieces and about 4 hours of total gameplay time for the price of $60. Think i'll pass.

Lmao, yer 4 hours of SP and 1000hrs of MP
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:39 PM   #621
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoLo View Post
They claim it's 12 hours, so it might be 6 hours long.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:47 PM   #622
Kraven
Stafoo!

Kraven is still being judged by the masses

I will be buying BF3 only for the multiplayer. I havent even played BC2 single player only bought that for multiplayer to.

Yeah some quote goes here...

Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:51 PM   #623
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
I will be buying BF3 only for the multiplayer. I havent even played BC2 single player only bought that for multiplayer to.
Exactly, who buys battlefield for the SP??
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:54 PM   #624
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

I love all the people here complaining about scripted SP and short SP and [insert complaint here] SP.... It's a multiplayer game, Battlefield always has been. If you are looking for SP, go play Call of Duty and stop complaining here....
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:31 PM   #625
TriGGlety
Banned

TriGGlety is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Exactly, who buys battlefield for the SP??
Not I.

Its almost like theve spoiled it if they include SP.

BF for me = Multiplayer.
TriGGlety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 09:08 PM   #626
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric View Post
I tried to run 1942 recently just to mess about with da DC choppahs but alas it crashes when the mouse is moved in the first menu. I could still boot to XP but it would be nice to have it working in W7 (already tried enabling compatability mode for XP). Any ideas?
Solved by manually adding to ALchemy. I had assumed it was not necessary since not detected. Perhaps another option would be to disable hardware audio but presumably that would limit/degrade the sound content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGGlety View Post
Not I.

BF for me = Multiplayer.

My impression is that SP is included as an introduction for new players. So, as long as not detracting from MP development there's little reason to oppose it.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 09:08 PM   #627
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

so far bc2 = 30 mins of sp and 200+ hours of mp for me. all you sp bitches can suck it

Quote:
this.
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:00 PM   #628
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

I could be wrong but the way i understand it is that SP is going to play a bigger part this time round, as if DICE are trying to get a piece of the CoD pie. I personally didnt care much for BF MP and never have done since the original BF 1942. I do however think that DICE could pull off a really good SP campaign if they wanted to and god knows they have the experience to do so. I actually really miss a good (and long), well executed military style SP game.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 09:20 AM   #629
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

I really wish Valve would add SP to Counter Strike. I know they can pull it off since they have SP experience

That was sarcasm btw
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:47 AM   #630
Ego
I can't take this

The full 12 minute trailer got released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FktL...layer_embedded