Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Favorite iPhone/iPod Games

I dont think there is a thread like this here so I guess I'll start one. Post some of your favorite iPhone games that are quality. Sometimes it can be hard to weed out all the other ****ty games in the app store. Ill start:

Keep on mind Im playing on an iPhone for and some games dont support the retina display so some of my screens are blurry.

Flood It 2

Its basically a puzzle game where you have to get all of the squares to be the same color at the end. You just touch the circles at the bottom and it changes the squares at the top left to same color and you pick up more squares. You have so many color changes to win.

Geodefense

Picture says it all. My favorite tower defense game in the App store.

Godfinger

This is the best farming type game(like farmville) in the app store imo. Basically you just farm gold and build more buildings. You get one planet, and you can manipulate it to your pleasing(scorch the land so it looks like a desert, make it lush, move land up and down, create a lake). Its pretty good and supports the iphone 4 retina display as you can see its pretty crisp.

Stick Golf

Basically just a golf game, but highly addicting. Right now it has 8 courses that vary completely with 9 holes a piece. Good fun.

Tilt To Live

This is one of my personal favorite. Basically your the arrow and you need to kill the red dots while not touching any of them. Powerups spawn on the level to kill the dots in various ways. There are 4 different kinds of gameplay. The game also has achievements and weapon unlocks. Also the arrow is controlled by tilting your device. Highly recommended.

Words With Friends

Basically scrabble on the go. You can have 20 simulatneous games at once. People play at their own leisure so you can play one turn today and not get another turn until a day later or so. Who doesnt like scrabble?

Last edited by logical : Aug 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:44 PM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Forgot one

Galcon

Its basically an RTS on the iphone. It has local and internet multiplayer. Basically you start at one planet and have to eliminate the enemy players by capturing his planets. Its just like playing mushroom wars on the PS3. This game is actually on steam too.. see here for video.

Old Aug 8, 2010, 07:21 AM   #3
The_KELRaTH

The_KELRaTH is still being judged by the masses

I'm amazed just how many great games there for the iPhone/Touch/iPad - not purchased one PSN game since getting the iPad.

Some of the non HD games worth picking up are:
WarBlade vertical arcade shooter (Free at the moment too)
http://www.emv-software.com/

Land Air Sea Warfare (RTS)
http://www.isotope244.com/land-air-sea-warfare.html
The_KELRaTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:56 PM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

Bah, went to get warblade and it cost money again... there is a free version but I love full versions for free.

Civilization is free for a couple of days make sure to get that if you havent people.

Old Aug 8, 2010, 04:40 PM   #5
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Soosiz is a quality platformer on par with a mario game.

sword and poker2 is a great game kind of poker+an rpg its very fun

don't forget the doom/wolfesntien rpgs they are good.

and the 5 minute fixes like angry birds and doodle jump.

and PvZ is awesome on a iphone as well.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:00 PM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

That soosiz game was pretty interesting... kind of reminded me of mario galaxy without the 3d. It was too simple for me though.

Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:36 PM   #7
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Soozis is pretty good, i liked it even though its pretty simple.
Castle of Magic looks a little childish but its another decent platformer.

Chaos Rings is a bit expensive for an iphone game but its a decent jRPG, probably the best on the iphone so far

havent tried any racers but i hear good things about real racing

Last edited by wangFu : Aug 11, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
wangFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:31 AM   #8
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Mikado Defenders: A Tower Defense that really stood out

CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:35 PM   #9
logical
What is my purpose?

I dont suspect this thread will get many views but I'll keep posting my favorites for a reference later on...

Plants v Zombies

This one needs no introduction, fun game and perfect for the iPhone. I wish they would update for higher resolution iPhone 4 display though.

Eboy FixPix

This game is pretty cool but wont last very long. Basically all you do is align things on the screen to make the image complete. Art direction is nice but wont last long since there are only 100 puzzles and each puzzle takes like 30 second at most.

PathPix

One of my favorite type puzzle games. Basically there are numbers on squares and you have to connect that number to a square with the same number by using that many squares to get to it. Then the finished product is a pixelated image and it gives a quote. Fun game.

NOVA

The premier first person shooter on the iPhone.

Plunderland

I dont know how to describe this game... its kind of like an action adventure. You go around on a boat battling other ships and shooting up islands. Looks nice, I havent spent a crap load of time with it yet.

Fruit Ninja

Very simple quick fix game. Fruit gets thrown on the screen and you have to "slice" them with your finger before they fall. You also have to avoid bombs being thrown up with the fruit.

Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:05 PM   #10
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

In no order:

NOVA
Angry Birds
Fieldrunners
Plants vs Zombies
Real Racing
Air Attack
Dark Nebula Episode 1 and 2
Flight Control
Fruit Ninja
Helsing's Fire
I Dig It 1 and 2
Labyrinth 1 and 2
Stone Loops of Jurassica (no longer available)
Luxor (stone loops substitute)
Modern Combat Sandstorm
Ragdoll Blaster 2
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor
Solebon Solitare
Top Gun
Train Conductor 2: USA
Wurdle
Zenbound 2
2xl ATV Offroad

Games I have my eye on:
Let's golf 2
Chaos rings
Final Fantasy 1 and 2
Solipskier

Last edited by DigitalDemon : Aug 13, 2010 at 09:10 PM.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 02:24 AM   #11
The_KELRaTH

The_KELRaTH is still being judged by the masses

These 2 sites are good for free / new apps:

www.appshopper.com
http://www.freeappaday.com/
The_KELRaTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 04:02 AM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_KELRaTH View Post
These 2 sites are good for free / new apps:

www.appshopper.com
http://www.freeappaday.com/
New and Free does not necessarily mean good.

Here are a few more:

Pinball HD

Great Pinball Game. Has 3 different pinball tables.

Doodle God

This is an interesting game with a some good gameplay. You are given 4 elements at the beginning and then you are supposed to mix the elements to come up with new elements. There are nearly 200 combinations that can be made from beginning at 4 elements.

Archetype

Online Multiplayer FPS shooter, rivals NOVA in graphics.

Solipskier

You draw a path and the skier follows it, make him jump to do tricks... get a high score... another good looking quick fix game.

Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:10 PM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

Hector: Badge of Carnage Episode 1

This is a touch adventure game. You interact with things and people in the game to accomplish your task. For example, the first task is to get out of the room you are locked in. This one has quite a bit of humor, pretty good game too. It is a bit short maybe 3-4 hours if you cant figure things out at the most.

Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:50 PM   #14
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Hmm... I have quite a few I enjoyed a lot.

Defender Chronicles
Chaos Rings
The Quest
Xenome
Ravensword
Dungeon Hunter
Necromancer
NOVA
Wolf3d + Platinum
GTA Chinatown
Fieldrunners
Sentinel 1 and 2
NFS Shift
Hero of Sparta 1 and 2
Simcity Deluxe
Zombieville
Groklion
Katamari

I haven't played my PSP or DS in months.

Last edited by pahncrd : Aug 22, 2010 at 11:52 PM.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:04 AM   #15
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lol please do us a favur by posting pic or video as well

Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:15 AM   #16
logical
What is my purpose?

Zenbound 2

Surprisingly simple game yet gets harder to complete. It's a game where you have to cover objects with rope by rotating the object. There are different types of variations the game has but that's basically what younger supposed to do. Cool game and concept.

Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:15 AM   #17
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

best shooting today..
Dodonpachi Resurrection

Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:22 AM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

That dodo game is RIDICULOUS.

Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:54 AM   #19
xFilter
Radeon R700

xFilter is still being judged by the masses

The 2 best games by far that I've played on the iPhone has to be Earth Defender and Solipskier. Earth Defender also has to be the best looking game I've played on the iPhone.

xFilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:13 AM   #20
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
That dodo game is RIDICULOUS.

yea. one of the best shooter game on iphone, the control is top notch.

the graphic is insane. so many bullets everywhere.

altho the game is too short. beat it after 1 + hour.

Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:50 AM   #21
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

right now

Ive completed the first one and love every second of this

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:34 PM   #22
logical
What is my purpose?

No Human

Physics based puzzle game. You use asteroids to destroy the humans and their ships. Some other asteroids have gravitational push/pull so you have to use that to destroy a lot of the ships. Simple, short, great looking quick game.

Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:35 PM   #23
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Cuurently the only game I'm playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apQA7szpOGg

Before that I played Drop7 extensively and before that Compression with a little Angry Birds thrown in.

Edit: how on earth do you embed YouTube here?

Last edited by globalist : Aug 30, 2010 at 04:40 PM.
globalist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:46 AM   #24
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Geodefense

Picture says it all. My favorite tower defense game in the App store.
I hate and love this game. Live it because it's a great defense game. Hate it because it makes me feel stupid for being unable to beat even the second level of medium difficulty

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:55 AM   #25
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I hate and love this game. Live it because it's a great defense game. Hate it because it makes me feel stupid for being unable to beat even the second level of medium difficulty
I've beaten all the levels. Some levels required more time than others though. A few levels were hard until I tried muliple ways of winning. Picking the best strategy takes some time for a few levels.

Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:53 PM   #26
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Did you guys try out the Epic Unreal 3 tech demo that is up on the app store?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/e...at-itunes-app/

If there was any question about the iPhone's capabilities, this should put them to rest. Holy **** it looks awesome in motion running at 60fps on my 3gs. Ambient occlusion, dynamic lighting, parallax mapping and all sorts of ****. This isn't just more powerful than the old Xbox, it is well beyond it.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:13 PM   #27
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

I have to say that in the three months or so that I've had my iPad I can't remember when I actually played a game on it... except for Solitare but that's not a real game.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:23 AM   #28
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Pocket God is quite amusing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:55 AM   #29
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Lately, I've been enjoying:

Dark Nova 1 & 2
Angry Birds
Hero of Sparta 2

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:05 AM   #30
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Cuurently the only game I'm playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apQA7szpOGg

Before that I played Drop7 extensively and before that Compression with a little Angry Birds thrown in.

Edit: how on earth do you embed YouTube here?
Fixed