Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 13, 2019, 06:31 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hate respawning in games, but Control didn't trigger me. Unlike Wolf Dumblood, the respawning is more careful. If you're going from A to B and kill 3 groups and then die, you don't redo those early groups again (at least it never happened to me). Yes enemies do respawn in areas eventually, but you can kill them and they stay gone for a bit so you can explore. Actually there were a few times I went back to areas long after and expected respawns but never got them. Might not be perfect but I think the spawning is pretty good as it is.

Or maybe the respawning was never an issue because I enjoy the combat. Plus you can dash past groups anyway.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 09:34 PM   #152
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Or because I have ADD and a terrible track record for finishing games.
I hear you brother. Although it may sound funny in the context of gaming, it can make real-life difficult.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 07:07 PM   #153
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

did they fix the reflections having a delay with the camera movement in rtx ?
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 16, 2019, 06:07 PM   #154
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

I'm going to continue to rant about this game.

The sniper rifle substitute in this game (a gun mod sort of) is annoying as hell. Many other games features a sniper rifle or a rifle which is powerful with the drawback of longer reload times. In this game the have inverted it. The gun must first charge up but after it has charged up the target window is gone making it almost useless. At least in other games you have the first shot available immediately.

The upgrade system is chaos. You have a limited amount of upgrades stored in some kind of menu grid. The game let you pick duplicates of the same upgrade and if you have too many you must manually delete existing ones in order to make room for new ones. These upgrades are scattered everywhere and can be a downgrade from what you currently have so why should you pick it up which the game does automatically. Wouldn't it be better if the game handled that automatically for the player instead. If an upgrade is better than the previous, just replace the upgrade. Basically you should have a palette with upgrades with the highest rating you have picked up. This is really stupid. This applies for all upgrades including personal and various weapon upgrades so you constantly have to administer these which is just annoying and give no additional gaming value.

For me the game is a bit difficult. I guess I'm getting old but I have previously been able to finish Quantum break and Alan Wake on the hardest difficulty. One way is to play on an easier difficulty which also let you get more acquainted with the controls. In Control that problem could be easily solved by changing the difficulty but no, there are no settings for this. It's just one difficulty which is a big departure from previous Remedy games. People are not the same, some have reflexes like a squirrels and other are like sloths that's just the way it is and this limits their target audience.

This game seems to be littered with bad design choices.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 04:39 PM   #155
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Really don’t get all the great graphics comments. It looks to me like it has the Vaseline smear post processing look.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 04:36 AM   #156
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They have updated the game in preparation for the DLC and also added DLSS to 2.0 support.

It is a significant improvement from before for me where I selected 1080p - "yes i know but it is the only way to get all raytracing effects" - upscaled to 4k and compared to the current iteration is night and day.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 05:29 AM   #157
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I get strange performance drops still

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 08:23 AM   #158
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I gave up on this game a long time ago. It started off with an interesting premise but the controls and samey-same combat drove me away.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 02:01 PM   #159
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

The games story is excellent. Dlss 2.0 looks fantastic... I think it looks better than native 1440. It's odd, native looks more blurry, dlss looks better and sharper and cleaner although shadows seem better in native.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 03:56 PM   #160
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Anybody played the Dee L Cee?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 07:16 PM   #161
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
No haven't beaten the main game plus i has no monies
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 02:49 AM   #162
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Will probably pick it up payday as I am expecting quite a bit of cheddar there.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 05:39 AM   #163
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

oh **** they added DLSS 2.0? Think I will play this now.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 05:11 AM   #164
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any gay boning the new expansion bitch?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote