Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 21, 2019, 04:16 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
Anyone running a 3900x on a crosshair vii hero?

Going to plop the cpu in soon but I've heard that the bios is buggy, agesa ab is nowhere to be seen aba has been pulled.

After the departure of a senior bios development member last year asus have gone down the shitter

I'm considering getting an x570 board but don't know which one to go with.... I'd really rather not though if possible.

now I question buying a crosshair viii hero (wi-fi)

don't like the MSI boards low on back USB's and who needs a PS/2 port anymore

and the only GB I like is the AORUS XTREME

how well does GB do on bios updates
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 04:22 PM   #152
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

now I question buying a crosshair viii hero (wi-fi)

don't like the MSI boards low on back USB's and who needs a PS/2 port anymore

and the only GB I like is the AORUS XTREME

how well does GB do on bios updates
Bizarrely Gigabyte is looking more and more rosy, they consistently have the fastest, most mature bios releases which is... wtf.

Asus have recently released beta bios updates that have bricked x370 boards whilst disabling Flash back so people are ****ed.

X470 crosshair vii hero recently had a beta bios released on the rog forums that had insanely high chipset voltages.

I honestly don't know what to do, wait and hope or go elsewhere.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 04:27 PM   #153
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I dunno. At least on the Intel side my ASUS Maximus XI Formula has been fantastic. Their UEFI layout is still the best in the business too.

Gigabyte has absolutely awful support and I’ve talked about that before in this thread I believe.. the way they supported a $550 motherboard was pathetic.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 21, 2019, 04:35 PM   #154
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I dunno. At least on the Intel side my ASUS Maximus XI Formula has been fantastic. Their UEFI layout is still the best in the business too.

Gigabyte has absolutely awful support and I’ve talked about that before in this thread I believe.. the way they supported a $550 motherboard was pathetic.
It's kinda why I'm waiting out on their flagship x470 board, I'm hoping they get their **** together.

They, on the AMD side are stupidly behind compared to other manufacturers concerning bios updates but I imagine the x570 boards will receive support fairly sharp, I'll admit that I'm salty as this board was purchased upon release last April.

Asus have a huge fragmentation problem though which doesn't help things, they have so many variations of the same chipset then with AMD they have multiple platform types.

It's a shame as hardware wise this is an amazing board and has so many bios features for tweaking which is why I purchased it, they just need to up their game with bios updates.

To be fair to them it was AMD that pulled the latest agesa, there is a massive problem with pcie drives corrupting and having whea errors.

This launch hasn't been great, amd have been very quiet since release.

Last edited by JohnEJohn : Jul 21, 2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 05:38 PM   #155
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

maybe a little easier on intel when they have not really changed much more than pin layout in 10 years

…….

so far I don't trust my C6H and the 3800x I got coming with all the bios problems asua has had lately
or do I trust my luck, murphy is my middle name

so it is wait and see if Asus gets a working bios for it that looks good

or I get pissed and spend 700 bucks on the GB AORUS XTREME

on the plus side

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post28053460

this one shows 40.5c max chipset temp no fan
Old Jul 21, 2019, 05:51 PM   #156
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
To be fair to them it was AMD that pulled the latest agesa, there is a massive problem with pcie drives corrupting and having whea errors.
Drives aren't actually corrupting. People running SFC and DISM are getting false positives due to a file signature mismatch from a Windows update. The WHEA errors are a separate thing. They mostly seem to come from Ryzen 3000 + Nvidia GPU combo. Most are corrected errors that go unnoticed. Some unfortunate people though are running into uncorrected errors that cause BSOD. Nvidia is supposedly working on a driver fix.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Last edited by DeathKnight : Jul 21, 2019 at 05:57 PM.
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 06:02 PM   #157
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Drives aren't actually corrupting. People running SFC and DISM are getting false positives due to a file signature mismatch from a Windows update. The WHEA errors are a separate thing. They mostly seem to come from Ryzen 3000 + Nvidia GPU combo. Most are corrected errors that go unnoticed. Some unfortunate people though are running into uncorrected errors that cause BSOD. Nvidia is supposedly working on a driver fix.
True, unfortunately for me that's my setup.

I'm just going to go for it in a few days time and hope for the best.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:32 PM   #158
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I went back and tried the setting again. It looks like I just wasn't putting the voltage high enough. I need 1.475v to be stable at my settings, so setting the boot voltage to 1.35v or even 1.4v wasn't high enough.

I guess I should have figured that. Oh well. Problem seems to be solved now. Thanks for getting me to try it again!
Bleh...spoke too soon, still getting the C5 on cold boot. At least now my 3733 C14 profile will work without having to first load at 3733 C16 though.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:34 PM   #159
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
maybe a little easier on intel when they have not really changed much more than pin layout in 10 years

…….

so far I don't trust my C6H and the 3800x I got coming with all the bios problems asua has had lately
or do I trust my luck, murphy is my middle name

so it is wait and see if Asus gets a working bios for it that looks good

or I get pissed and spend 700 bucks on the GB AORUS XTREME

on the plus side

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post28053460

this one shows 40.5c max chipset temp no fan
I don't think C6H is having any real serious issues, just minor annoyances like the C5 error on cold boot. It's not hard to deal with due to being able to load a saved profile even after a bios clear.

Honestly, you're not getting much on the $500+ mobos. The $300-350 tier seems to be where actual improvements cap out. After that you're just getting price gouged. Buildzoid recently did an overview of most of the X570 mobos (I think in conjunction with Gamer's Nexus).

Also, as far as bioses go, the truth is the other manufacturers are having problems too. At this point it's hard to say that any one of the big manufacturers is really doing particularly better. It's just a rough launch, as seems to be the usual for AMD lately.

Last edited by Nagorak : Jul 21, 2019 at 08:42 PM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 05:59 AM   #160
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I don't think C6H is having any real serious issues, just minor annoyances like the C5 error on cold boot. It's not hard to deal with due to being able to load a saved profile even after a bios clear.

Honestly, you're not getting much on the $500+ mobos. The $300-350 tier seems to be where actual improvements cap out. After that you're just getting price gouged. Buildzoid recently did an overview of most of the X570 mobos (I think in conjunction with Gamer's Nexus).

Also, as far as bioses go, the truth is the other manufacturers are having problems too. At this point it's hard to say that any one of the big manufacturers is really doing particularly better. It's just a rough launch, as seems to be the usual for AMD lately.
This is a fair point, the whole launch has been rocky, memory issues aside many people aren't seeing anywhere near advertised boost clocks on all kinds of boards.

I have however seen plenty of people who have got the cpus to boost on the same boards as others using the same bios.

Come Wednesday I'll have this baby installed so I'll see what it can do.

Now I just need to decide upon a watercooling kit, thinking ek or alphacool but need to slowly research this as I've never done it before.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:00 PM   #161
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

think I would go with this one

http://www.performance-pcs.com/water...re-copper.html

if I didn't all ready have a EK full copper
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:24 PM   #162
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:

That looks nice and beefy, cheers.

I don't think I'll go hard-line for my first shot, the leeway of standard hoses sounds too enticing for a first attempt.

My case is huge and can mount multiple 400mm rads, for now cpu only but want to expand to include the gpu but I think I'll wait until next years upgrade as I don't think the pcb of my 2080ti is standard.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:35 PM   #163
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:

Would you mind in a few weeks time once I've decided on everything if I pick your watercooling brain?

I don't want to mess this up.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:46 PM   #164
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
That looks nice and beefy, cheers.

I don't think I'll go hard-line for my first shot, the leeway of standard hoses sounds too enticing for a first attempt.

My case is huge and can mount multiple 400mm rads, for now cpu only but want to expand to include the gpu but I think I'll wait until next years upgrade as I don't think the pcb of my 2080ti is standard.
Quote:
Would you mind in a few weeks time once I've decided on everything if I pick your watercooling brain?

I don't want to mess this up.
this and a D5 pump if you can fit it and 6 good 140mm fans should cool a cpu and gpu
http://www.performance-pcs.com/alpha...sta-420mm.html

plus a reservoir at the highest point in the case as a fill point and remove any air
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:52 PM   #165
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
this and a D5 pump if you can fit it and 6 good 140mm fans should cool a cpu and gpu
http://www.performance-pcs.com/alpha...sta-420mm.html

plus a reservoir at the highest point in the case as a fill point and remove any air
That's great cheers.

As for 140mm fans I have 9x Noctua industrial 2000 pwm and 3x silent wings 3.

What do you think of these, I'd rather not have to replace them as they weren't cheap.

Also I'm going to have to top mount the rads as I've modified the front of my case to fit 2x 200mm noctua, the top will fit 2x 480mm rads side by side, you can also side mount them.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:53 PM   #166
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
That's great cheers.

As for 140mm fans I have 9x Noctua industrial 2000 pwm and 3x silent wings 3.

What do you think of these, I'd rather not have to replace them as they weren't cheap.

Also I'm going to have to top mount the rads as I've modified the front of my case to fit 2x 200mm noctua, the top will fit 2x 480mm rads side by side, you can also side mount them.
they should be fine
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:56 PM   #167
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
they should be fine
Awesome, really appreciate the help.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 04:49 PM   #168
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just got home with my new 3700x. Walking the dog, cooking, and then installation time.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 05:10 PM   #169
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
Just got home with my new 3700x. Walking the dog, cooking, and then installation time.
Noice, Wednesday is my install time.

Have fun!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 05:51 PM   #170
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Noice, Wednesday is my install time.

Have fun!
So, booted up first go. Haven't had any issues yet, though I'm taking it a bit slow on getting memory back up to 3200 CL14.

Was a fairly painless install thus far, though the one thing that struck me as odd was the normal "arrow" on the corner of the chip to show pin 0 is on the bottom with a small, itty bitty dot on the top.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Old Jul 22, 2019, 05:55 PM   #171
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Finally back home from a trip to England. Swooped up a 3900X which was an open box item at MicroCenter...

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 08:00 PM   #172
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The latest ch7 bios sure has some quirks, if the cpu temp is above 70, all fans that are controlled by the cpu temp will run at 100%

And for some reason one of the usb ports will cause the bios to run in slowmotion if an usb soundcard is plugged into it, I though that the cpu was overheating and did a remount/repaste of my noctua heatsink before actually figuring out what was causing it.

Getting my memory to run at 3600mhz with the xmp settings was easy though, once that boot voltage is correct everything just works.

Now I just need to put thing thing under water and read up about what needs to be tweaked and where to do it in the bios for some extra performance.

Last edited by Mangler : Jul 22, 2019 at 08:10 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 08:01 PM   #173
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Been playing with it some more, seems that I'm hovering around a 4.2-4.3 all core clock without touching anything. There is one core that drops down to about 3.9Ghz for a millisecond and then boosts back up with another dropping to the same, and another and another...

Voltages seems high but it is boosting fairly well through tests and dropping < 1 when idle so it seems to be working as it should per the reddit post from the AMD dude. Temperatures seem to be in check, highest I've seen with the AIO is about 72 after a 15 minute "stress" test with its peak speed just below 4.2GHz. Idles are about 35 give or take a few degrees.

Enjoying it thus far.

Old Jul 22, 2019, 08:58 PM   #174
howard stern
Radeon Northern Islands

howard stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhoward stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Jay what board and cpu did you get?
I hard coded my cpu voltage to 1.3, it was spiking under load to 1.46 while running prime.
Also the Asus AI suite I believe is reporting incorrect temps, under full load from prime95 it stated I was at 55c. I saw some throttling so I brought up hardware monitor and sure enough i was over 80c.

I brought the temps down by setting cpu voltage to 1.3
I guess the bios for the x570 are still a mess.

Last edited by howard stern : Jul 22, 2019 at 09:07 PM.
howard stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 09:31 PM   #175
barleystout
Radeon R700

barleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just finished installing windows on the new machine, ASUS C8H and Ryzen 3900X.

Currently copying 300 gigs worth of Steam games and others (Wow, Diablo 3, etc.). Checked the M.2_2 slot which has a 1TB 970 Evo Plus with the Fluke 62 Max. Got a reading of 40°C. Chipset was reading 34-36°C. Files were coming in at 110 MB/s from the Synology NAS.

No gaming yet. Still getting everything installed. iCUE temp is showing 29.1°C. Changed a few things in the BIOS after a BIOS update. Vcore was set at 1.473V. Changed that to 1.273V. Before that change, the CPU was showing 40°C in the BIOS. After the voltage change, it was 30-ish.

Using a Corsair H115I Platinum for cooler in a Carbide Air 740 case.

Will be slow night of installs. Internet is being wonky. My 400Mbit connection is crawling at 3MB/s downloads. Bugging Suddenlink on that one. Hopefully that will get fixed soon.
barleystout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 09:38 PM   #176
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:45 PM   #177
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Got my 3900X installed under a Corsair H150 Pro 360mm AIO on my Asrock X470 Taichi on Bios 3.46

Ran a quick cinebench R20 test before going to bed. This is default settings in bios with 2x8GB 3200MHZ CL14 RAM:

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 05:40 AM   #178
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard stern View Post
Jay what board and cpu did you get?
I hard coded my cpu voltage to 1.3, it was spiking under load to 1.46 while running prime.
Also the Asus AI suite I believe is reporting incorrect temps, under full load from prime95 it stated I was at 55c. I saw some throttling so I brought up hardware monitor and sure enough i was over 80c.

I brought the temps down by setting cpu voltage to 1.3
I guess the bios for the x570 are still a mess.
3700x and reusing my Crosshair VI hero board plus everything else in my signature.

Was pulling temps and clocks from ryzen master

Old Jul 23, 2019, 01:46 PM   #179
howard stern
Radeon Northern Islands

howard stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhoward stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
3700x and reusing my Crosshair VI hero board plus everything else in my signature.

Was pulling temps and clocks from ryzen master
I will try Ryzen master tonight, not sure what app to trust now.
howard stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 03:22 PM   #180
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Using that nexus video I just did the standard offset under volt of .5. Not sure it does much as heat still seems high at idle at 50c to 60c and above. Ah well. As long as it doesn't shutdown under load. Seems to me its pretty standard fare for the Auto settings pushing volts to 1.43 to 1.5.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote