Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Feb 16, 2020, 09:48 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ok bub Im a fanboy who hasn’t had an AMD CPU in 25 years as you shill for intel I’m far from the only one here that see’s this
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2020, 09:53 PM   #32
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Thumbs up

the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2020, 09:56 PM   #33
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Intel technical marketing performance engineer, Frank Ober, tweeted (above) that Intel can send PCIe 4.0-capable SSDs to developers, but they'll need PCIe 4.0-capable CPUs and motherboards to test them. The super-fast new Alder Stream SSDs (an updated version of their Optane drive tech, with second-gen 3D XPoint technology).

But in order to ramp up those speeds they will need more PCIe lanes, and since PCIe 3.0 is pretty much tapped out -- the doubling in bandwidth to PCIe 4.0 is a tasty offering. But, Intel has no PCIe 4.0 anything right now -- so they're stuck. Intel won't have PCIe 4.0-capable CPUs until 2021 which means they need to lean on their main competitor in AMD until then.
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69702...sds/index.html

intel seems to want to make PCIe 4.0 SSD's asap
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:08 PM   #34
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

And your point is? So Intel's hard drives are adding support for AMD's PCIE 4.0 interconnect so that their customers can benefit from PCIE 4.0 hard drives? If you are implying that PCIE 4.0 interface on hard drives are a reason to wait a year and buy a slower performing CPU then you are grasping at straws in my opinion.

I don't go off talking about how Intel's data centers are making them money and how their stock market value is stronger than ever. I don't poke at AMD for not having hard drives ect. I don't care about brands. I'll buy from both Intel and AMD. If people prefer AMD and want to support them even when they are slower I am fine with that. I just don't see the point in attacking a company that many of us own because you have an unwarranted bias. My comments are facts about performance regarding gaming, that's all. You won't see any difference between PCIE 4.0 in gaming weather it's hard drives or GPU's.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2020, 09:29 AM   #35
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

so much LOL
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote