Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM   #991
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Because of HDR.... like we already told you....

Seems the HDR in 1080p or 1200p resolution is limited or software based.No True HDR.There is nothing to buy anyway at this point at this resolutions.

https://www.displayninja.com/hdr-monitor-list/
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #992
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Purchased a DAC to try and get audio to my PC speakers from the TV. The saga continues...

Will update with my results tomorrow night when I get it for anyone interested.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #993
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Seems the HDR in 1080p or 1200p resolution is limited or software based.No True HDR.There is nothing to buy anyway at this point at this resolutions.

https://www.displayninja.com/hdr-monitor-list/
The list is breaking up mostly based on back light tech. The ability for these displays to really leverage the contrast ratios offered in HDR. Which is fair, as it's probably the most visually striking difference when viewing HDR content.

And it makes sense. 1080p isn't as popular as it once was. All the "true HDR" listed monitors are also 4k. Why? because no ones going to put in the effort for an LCD for FALD and then not also give you the resolution for 4k. So the best you can hope for is "limited HDR" which means local dimming zones. Far from perfect, but at least it can get closer to approximating that brightness control to make HDR really pop.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #994
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Purchased a DAC to try and get audio to my PC speakers from the TV. The saga continues...

Nice Im going to try and connect mine tonight just cause

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #995
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

Converting the digital to analog will likely work .

Although... did you check to make sure the digital input on the Zx isn't muted in windows? Or set to be listened to? Control Panel > Sound > Recording > *whatever the optical input is is called* > Listen. Then make sure "listen to this device" is ticked off?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM   #996
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Although... did you check to make sure the digital input on the Zx isn't muted in windows? Or set to be listened to? Control Panel > Sound > Recording > *whatever the optical input is is called* > Listen. Then make sure "listen to this device" is ticked off?
Yep, tried all that stuff. Can't get the card to work no matter what I do.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:45 AM   #997
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
I agree, it's pretty damn unacceptable.
Besides piss-poor QA, afaik bad handling could also be the culprit.
The box was in excellent shape, but I would imagine that if these things hit a surface hard on the flat side, the tiniest piece of assembly residue within the monitor casing could pretty much go flying anywhere.
I'm going to be pretty harsh with Amazon on the matter, not that it's going to make a difference
i still remember the one time i ordered a pc from a shop who send it to my adress via DHL. They somehow managed to smack the box that hard that the complete CPU-Cooler RIPPED OFF and with it the CPU which also took out the tray. The real "fun" started after that, of course.......

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:04 AM   #998
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
The list is breaking up mostly based on back light tech. The ability for these displays to really leverage the contrast ratios offered in HDR. Which is fair, as it's probably the most visually striking difference when viewing HDR content.

And it makes sense. 1080p isn't as popular as it once was. All the "true HDR" listed monitors are also 4k. Why? because no ones going to put in the effort for an LCD for FALD and then not also give you the resolution for 4k. So the best you can hope for is "limited HDR" which means local dimming zones. Far from perfect, but at least it can get closer to approximating that brightness control to make HDR really pop.
Like usual the full HDR experience and also like full RTX implementation is for premium segment now.
OLED's were also premium stuff but seems there will be a 31 inch Full HD display...It will take some time for the "bottom barell" to access those technologies.
On the other hand there is an advantage to the waiting.All quirks will be iron out until 1080p True HD will be available.