Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:19 PM   #781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Looks puurdy but im still reserving my high hopes until we get/see more hands on.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:24 PM   #782
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

is there any other shooter game that had tank missions?
I feel like I might have played few more games like that but I can't remember.
quake 4 had a fun tank bit...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:33 PM   #783
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
quake 4 had a fun tank bit...
thanks I remembered that little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:09 AM   #784
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
I see they still don't have tracks left behind by the tanks. looks pretty good either way
LAWL, a true graphics whore. They don't have tracks 'cause nobody was paying attention to those.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:12 AM   #785
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
LAWL, a true graphics whore. They don't have tracks 'cause nobody was paying attention to those.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:16 AM   #786
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Nice view but can you travel there? I dont just want a nice background. I want a few dozen square miles of gameplay area.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 06:55 AM   #787
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Nice view but can you travel there? I dont just want a nice background. I want a few dozen square miles of gameplay area.
This. 1942 rocked on those big ass old maps.
When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:59 AM   #788
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippthrough View Post
This. 1942 rocked on those big ass old maps.
BF2 maps where the same size or larger, it was the amount and type of vehicles that BF1942 rocked at. BF1942 had dedicated maps for all out vehicle warfare, whereas BF2 went the "combined force" path. In BF2 there could be a single jetfighter and suddenly it was like playing inside a barrel, cause that was the only safe hiding spot.

The tank warfare video is real nice but its singleplayer. BC2 did a very similar scene and armor assault just as impressive and how much of that did we see in multiplayer on release? Oh that's right - nothing. They did make that patch map which is based on it and heavy vehicle warfare, so granted its not all lost hope and wishfull thinking. Maybe, just maybe, for the first time in the BF series will we see a map where a dozen tanks spawn, helicopters up the wazzoo, artillery pieces and misc vehicles that exceed player ratio 10:1.

Well either that or we get a 4x4km map compressed down to a narrow line with 4 flags at 150m distance, 1 tank and a jeep which spawns upside down every other time.

Last edited by dawdler : Jun 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:09 AM   #789
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Ign hands on

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1172554p1.html

Some intersting info to say the least.

Last edited by Gerard : Jun 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:38 AM   #790
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Ign hands on

Can't wait. I hate every MW game after the 1st one so this game just can't come soon enough. I have 400+ hours of MP in BC2 so it's starting to get a little boring
Old Jun 7, 2011, 01:50 PM   #791
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
I noticed that there were no tracks as well and i wouldn't call my self a graphics whore.

I think it's a lot more noticeable due to the fact that there were tracks in the sand already.

--

Also the night-vision thing is going to be great, because a lot of times there's a ton of dust/smoke obstructing your vision. Specially when blowing **** up in a tank
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:46 PM   #792
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Ign hands on

It looks like they might have learned a little something about kit balance from BC2.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 09:48 PM   #793
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

really? people are gonna be able to opt out of revive? f...........
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:36 PM   #794
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

At this point I also hope they start hosting some of their own servers. The kind of money they are making and if people really like the games they should offer to host for 5-10$ a month.

Id pay for cheat free low lag games hosted by the publisher or the game designer. Might also allow for larger number of players and bigger maps.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:22 PM   #795
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Tank footage show at EA press conference is possibly the first mission in the game
New suppression system -
Operation Metro - rush gamemode, close combat, play as U.S. Marines, take on Russian forces in heart of Paris, infantry focus
Operation Metro objective is to take back Stock Exchange
Team Deatchmatch, Conquest, Rush gamemodes confirmed
Battle Log - hub for social Battlefield experience
4 classes tuned for teamplay - Assault (medic abilities), Engineer (anti-vehicle, repair), Support (give ammo, suppressive fire), Recon (main focus supplying intel)
Heavily focused on unlocks, more than any Battlefield game, customization key
Engineer has flashlight under-slung on weapon for lighting up area, blinding enemy
Every weapon has 3 customization slots (barrels, etc)
Support solider has bi-pod - placed on any surface in game (more accuracy)
New feature called Suppression - all the bullets you fire at an enemy affect them regardless if you hit them or not. All the bullets you fire that get close enough will start to reduce their combat efficiency. Squad can then flank the enemy and you will receive a Suppression score.
Jets, boats, tanks, helicopters confirmed
LAV-25 Light Armored Vehicle confirmed, also in Operation Metro
Dog tags - fully customizable, dynamically updated, only obtainable from knife kills in the back
Knifing system more dramatic, spectacular

On the death screen it now displays statistics of how many times you have killed the person who killed you and how man times they killed you (e.g. 2-1)
When deployed it displays on the bottom of the screen a countdown of when a squad member can spawn on you, and when they spawn who it is
Most of the rifles that we played with had 3 fire mode : automatic, semi-automatic, and single shot
After you are killed the health of the person who killed you is shown as a heath bar over their head
When your in a vehicle and stopped the camera begins to shake from the rattling of the engine
Flashlight can blind you momentary if someone points it directly at you
100 points for killing someone, 10 extra points for a headshot, 100 points for reviving
In order to revive you must hover over the dead body and hold down left mouse button while your character rubs the paddles together and charges them before the player is revived
2 grenades were given by default
In order to knife in this build of the game you need to press “f” to do “quick knife”. When pressed you enter into an animation that will pull you close to your enemy and you will grab their head and execute them by slitting their throat
You can only obtain an enemy’s dog tag if the “quick knife” command is done when you are behind your enemy
The knife seems more like a switchblade than the classic knife we are used to
Commo rose is not in the build we played. EA wouldn't give us a firm yes or not when asked if it would be in the final version of the game
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:14 AM   #796
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

wait... they said TEAm deathmatch... not Squad Deathmatch
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:54 AM   #797
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

I hope "boats" means ships as well . I want naval combat back damn it

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 01:38 AM   #798
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It looks like they might have learned a little something about kit balance from BC2.
i'm glad they came to their senses with the medic class and gave light machine guns to someone else. read the news on ars, and they failed to mention one important detail... who gets to lay down ammo packs now? or are they gone altogether?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
At this point I also hope they start hosting some of their own servers. The kind of money they are making and if people really like the games they should offer to host for 5-10$ a month.

Id pay for cheat free low lag games hosted by the publisher or the game designer. Might also allow for larger number of players and bigger maps.
ea runs a lot of servers for bad company 2. what else exactly are you looking for?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 01:53 AM   #799
pax
Rage3D Spammer

I didnt know they hosted for bfbc2. Do they keep stats and all? They didnt have them when I had BF2, my last BF game...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 8, 2011, 02:06 AM   #800
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

their own stat tracking system is barely functional, but there are a lot of 3rd part stat tracking sites with comprehensive data on your gameplay.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 02:32 AM   #801
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Was my favorite thing back in 42...especially the submarines.

But I doubt it's going to to happen in any modern day setting game.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 02:47 AM   #802
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Things i'm worried / not happy about.

- 3D spotting
- small, tight, chokepoint, linear maps.

Everything else is academic.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 03:34 AM   #803
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
i'm glad they came to their senses with the medic class and gave light machine guns to someone else. read the news on ars, and they failed to mention one important detail... who gets to lay down ammo packs now? or are they gone altogether?

They said the support class that now has the LMG guns will also have the ammo packs which makes sense imo never understood why medics carried heavy weapons in BC2, on the flip side now though riflemen or assault class have both medic abilities and noobtube but at least they don't have unlimited ammo anymore.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 03:37 AM   #804
Ninja6.
Banned

Ninja6. is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
The support class lays ammo - which is both a more traditional move and it also promotes the use of the suppressive fire the LMGs can give out.

And I am liking the addition of suppressive fire - it worked very well for Project Reality and got some tense moments, with squads shooting at enemies for suppression, just so they can reach cover.

However, a lot of the tension came from the fact that you can only sustain one or two hits followed by a long respawn timer; hopefully BF3 has sufficient deterrent for being shot, enhancing the effect of suppression.
Ninja6. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:34 AM   #805
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Regenerating health is back with a twist, in a combat situation it doesn't regenerate and you need a medic. If you're being supressed by an lmg for example. I really don't understand why they could just not bother with this crap, or at the very least make it a server side option.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:46 AM   #806
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Wait so what exactly does suppression do? You don't move as fast or something?
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:40 AM   #807
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Some sort of blurring effect mixed with a slight screen shaking effect.

Last edited by Gerard : Jun 8, 2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:39 AM   #808
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Really pisses the players off.
Fixed.
When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:34 AM   #809
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post

That's because they still have the default command 'Enemy Boat Spotted'
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:13 PM   #810
Ninja6.
Banned

Ninja6. is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
If it's like Project Reality, the end effect will be the inability to return accurate fire whilst you're being shot at.
Ninja6. is offline   Reply With Quote