Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 17, 2016, 07:33 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah sadly all those earnings are going towards medical bills. Rather turn them into new retro game purchases but real life takes priority.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you, or whoever it was, has recovered in full health.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:04 AM   #92
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

Sorry to hear that. Hope you, or whoever it was, has recovered in full health.
Hey thanks man. Yeah we're all doing great, just have the bills to pay now.

I had to burn through my son's annual deductible again this year (and ER copays on top of that) due to his Epilepsy. Plus, we had our second child this year which was another chunk of out of pocket expense. But the video game collecting hobby has actually also served as a bit of a part time job lately which has been a big help!
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2016, 09:11 AM   #93
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Another find last night. Scored at my local Savers store, which I don't usually check simply because its not on my daily route like Salvation Army is.

After browsing the sad and pathetic games section which was just scratched up sports games and guitar hero stuff as per usual, I made my way over to the glass cases and found an original Playstation haphazardly placed on it's side with the cables thrown in a big rat's nest. Had the girl take it out for me and plugged in it at the register to make sure it powered on which it did. Pretty nice condition too, just a bit scratched on one of the back corners. Also popped open the disc door and there was a game inside, Twisted Metal 3! Unfortunately its scratched to hell and the game wont load.

They had it priced at $14.99 with the two controllers priced separately for $1.99 a piece but I got the manager to give it all to me including the controllers for $14.99. Got it home, cleaned it up a bit, took the price stickers off and played a few of my old PS1 games and now wondering what I want to do with it. I sold my original PS1 years ago since the PS2/PS3 is backwards compatible and it became redundant, but this thing just oozes nostalgia for me. I really don't need it or have the space for it along side all my other consoles but I kind of want to keep it. I guess I'll think it over a bit.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 23, 2016, 09:26 AM   #94
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Nice find! I wish Playstation gave me a bit of nostalgia, but there is no attachment whatsoever beyond just a little from the only game I played on it...Final Fantasy VII.

I've picked up a few things lately, pretty random. Games to play on the Wii U bought recently. Also doing a long term focus on Zelda/Mario stuff, so picking up the games and strategy guides. Probably will get just the Zelda/Mario Amiibo too at some point.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy Premier Edition Prima Guide
Mario 64 Nintendo Power Guide
Mario Sunshine Nintendo Power Guide
Nintendo Land (Wii U)
Old Nov 23, 2016, 09:55 AM   #95
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Another find last night.

That's a surprisingly clean looking psx! Nice find, especially if it's still working properly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:03 AM   #96
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Nice find! I wish Playstation gave me a bit of nostalgia, but there is no attachment whatsoever beyond just a little from the only game I played on it...Final Fantasy VII.
You never played Metal Gear Solid or the Resident Evil games on the PS back then? That system had a HUGE library with many awesome games. What the hell were you doing back in the mid to late 90's, just N64??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
That's a surprisingly clean looking psx! Nice find, especially if it's still working properly.
Yep, works! My big fear on the way home was it having the common issue of the disc motor being worn out but seems to still be functional. I was kicking myself because I didn't put my ear to it when I powered it on in the store to make sure the disc spun up. Lucked out though.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:02 PM   #97
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
technicallllllyyyy thats a PS1, PSx was the smaller refresh.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:04 PM   #98
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

FF7, and FF8 were released on PC, you can actually still get them from Steam Store for $11.99/ea.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:57 PM   #99
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
You never played Metal Gear Solid or the Resident Evil games on the PS back then? That system had a HUGE library with many awesome games. What the hell were you doing back in the mid to late 90's, just N64??
I was only 14 when the N64 came out. My parents bought our consoles usually for Christmas before that (NES, SNES, Genesis), and I worked an entire summer doing corn detassling jobs and paper routes to buy the Nintendo 64 and games myself when I was 14 and 15. Couldn't afford to get a Playstation also. I did actually play a bit of Metal Gear Solid and Tekken at a friends house. I played the first Resident Evil and beat it, but can't remember at all which system it was on.

That friend gave me his Playstation when he got a Playstation 2 and I started working through FF7, but never beat it. Picked up an XBox and Gamecube some time after that. Just never really got into the Playstation scene. I picked up a first gen PS3 after the intital launch frenzy died down, and pretty much dropped Nintendo when the Wii came out. I absolutely loathed that thing.

Quote:
FF7, and FF8 were released on PC, you can actually still get them from Steam Store for $11.99/ea.
I've looked at those many, many times over the years since they were released. Just can't get myself to buy the ports, and they look TERRIBLE now. Early 3D games are just not holding up to my childhood memories.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 09:08 AM   #100
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I hear ya, man. Just bustin' em. I am that way with the Gamecube actually. Its the only U.S. Nintendo console release (pre Wii) that I did not buy. I'm finding lots of games for it lately that I want to play now too so I imagine I will eventually get one.

But if you ever want to try getting into a retro console that you never did in the past the PS1 would be my recommendation. Tons of great games and most are still cheap.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:03 AM   #101
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
technicallllllyyyy thats a PS1, PSx was the smaller refresh.
yep, you're right on that.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Dec 2, 2016, 08:00 AM   #102
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

This one today is a Craigslist find from one town over. Guy was asking $275 for the lot but I talked him down to $250 because some carts had label damage and permanent marker on them (which was tough to get off since its the paper N64 labels). Current market value is around $400. Overall pretty happy with this haul. I'm going to keep about 8 games from the lot to add to my collection and the rest along with the console will go up for sale/trade.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Dec 6, 2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 02:56 PM   #103
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Nice!

I haven't been doing much collecting on older games, but have been buying newer stuff to play through on the Wii U.

Latest purchases for the Wii:
Mario Galaxy 2
Prima Mario Galaxy 2 Premiere Edition Guide
Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Next Up:
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Old Dec 6, 2016, 03:32 PM   #104
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I've been trying to get my hands on Gamecube games this week. Its a Nintendo console I always wanted to eventually get but haven't until now. Finally picked one up last week at an indoor flea market for $30 with Sonic Gems. So far I've picked up Rogue Leader and Metroid Prime. Next on my want list is Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. These are games I've always wanted to play and I'm finally getting to them lol. But damn its crazy how some of the more sought after Gamecube games have held their value. Twilight Princess and most of the Mario games are $40+.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 05:03 PM   #105
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I've been trying to get my hands on Gamecube games this week. Its a Nintendo console I always wanted to eventually get but haven't until now. Finally picked one up last week at an indoor flea market for $30 with Sonic Gems. So far I've picked up Rogue Leader and Metroid Prime. Next on my want list is Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. These are games I've always wanted to play and I'm finally getting to them lol. But damn its crazy how some of the more sought after Gamecube games have held their value. Twilight Princess and most of the Mario games are $40+.
Hamburgers. I have Metroid Prime with the Echos Bonus Disc I should have know when you said earlier in the thread to speak up about it.

Then again poking the games I have in my collection made me desire more games not less :3

So I'm glad you found MP Sucks you had to pay so much.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2016, 01:10 AM   #106
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm not so much a collector, but I do have my fair share of gaming systems.

I have an old Sega CDX (remember that thing? Sega CD + genesis combo in a not so compact thick Sony Walkmanesque package. I remember using it as a CD player back in high school lol...it had horrific battery life of just over an hour or so lol). I don't know if i'll part with it, and I do have some games for it. Its all packed in a box along with a bunch of other video game items that isn't seeing use now. If I remember correctly, my collection consisted of Sega CD games.....

-Sonic CD
-Ecco the Dolphin
-Sega 6 game sampler disc thing
-Ground Zero Texas
-Wing Commander
-Star Wars Rebel Assault (I think that's its title)
-Tomcat Alley (I liked this one....it did seem a bit short though)

I played Road Rash on it and loved that game

But one game i have had no luck finding was Eternal Champions CD (outside of ebay of course) Ive wanted to get that but could never find a copy.

Ive also got a PS1 and a PS2 (both my sister's, but she's since abandoned them so they're mine now lol) Just been playing RPG's on it. Mainly FF9 (currently on hiatus). Not a huge selection as I was never really a playstation guy for the most part.

-FF9
-Legend of Dragoon (PS2)
-FF12 (PS2)
-Crono Cross
-Dawn of mana
-Street Fighter Alpha 3

So I was mainly a Nintendo and PC guy for ever (filled both needs, Nintendo games, and any type of multiplatformer or PC game my PC would see). At one time (when I was little) I had a SNES along with the Sega CDX, but ended up giving the SNES away because I thought the CDX would have cooler games (with the CD capability). I look back now and probably should have kept the SNES since IMO it had more titles on it that I would want to play lol.

I bought a Wii on opening day. Funny story, I never intended to purchase one but I waited in line with my friends who did want to get one and I figured I should get one since I'm there waiting with them. I ended up being the one to keep playing it as my friends quickly stopped playing it and it just collected dust. So anytime theres any type of party with friends going on, I would bring my Wii and my plethora of titles and peripherals.
I have nearly 40 games (making sure that they are mostly worthy purchases) with a good chunk of them unfinished lol. I do have Wii Play (bought for the extra wiimote) and thought the title would be an extension of Wii sports, but it turns out to be more of a wiimote training tool than anything really fun so...that wasn't exactly the 'package deal' I was hoping for.

One thing I liked about the original Wii is that its 100% backwards compatible with the gamecube. I got Metroid Prime (great game) for it and Metroid Prime 2 (bought it new before it was out of print and I never really played it lol)

One of the games I would recommend trying to get a copy of (which I want to as well) is Eternal Darkness. Its probably stupid expensive though (like how Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii used to be).

And finally I have a Wii-U. No intention to pick up a Switch anytime soon. Hopefully with the rumored switch ports of Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Smash Bros U, the wii-U versions get updated to match and then we'd be able to play with those players.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:15 AM   #107
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Hamburgers. I have Metroid Prime with the Echos Bonus Disc I should have know when you said earlier in the thread to speak up about it.

Then again poking the games I have in my collection made me desire more games not less :3

So I'm glad you found MP Sucks you had to pay so much.
Oh I didn't pay a lot for Metroid Prime. Think I paid $10 including shipping, which is about the going rate on Ebay right now. The Metroid games aren't the expensive ones, its the Mario and Zelda Gamecube games.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:20 AM   #108
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
At one time (when I was little) I had a SNES along with the Sega CDX, but ended up giving the SNES away because I thought the CDX would have cooler games (with the CD capability). I look back now and probably should have kept the SNES since IMO it had more titles on it that I would want to play lol.
You made the right choice (value wise) keeping the CDX. Right now it regularly sells for around $200-$300 loose without the box. With the box it can get up to $400-$500.

You could always sell it and with the money get a SNES with a bunch of games. I'd hold onto it though. Its super rare and is only going to go up in value.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 01:02 PM   #109
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

So I think I have mostly all the old consoles that I want in my collection.
  • Atari 2600 & 7800
  • NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU
  • Genesis, 32x, Saturn, Dreamcast
  • PS1, PS2
  • xbox, xbox 360, xbone
  • Virtualboy
  • Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS lite, 3ds, gameboy player for my gamecube
  • Gamegear (with led backlight mod, and recapped)
  • NeoGeo Pocket Color
  • PSP

I still want to pick up:
  • Master system (or maybe just go with a Powerbase Mini)
  • Vectrex
  • Atari 5200... maybe? I haven't really decided on that one yet. (I do have a 2600 & 7800)
  • Odyssey 2000... I had one when I was a kid
  • Wonderswan Crystal... if I can find any reasonably-priced games for it?
  • PS3 & PS4 & PSVita

Consoles that I don't really ever plan to get, cause they're too obscure, I'm not interested in the games, and they don't hold much nostalgic value:
  • Intellivision & Collecovision, Fair Child Channel F, etc... Just too obscure and I don't have any nostalgia for them.
  • Atari Lynx, TurboGrafx Express, etc.
  • Atari Jaguar, 3DO, CDi, Pippin, etc.
  • Turbo Grafx
  • Sega CDX
  • NeoGeo

I'd love to get back into old microcomputer gaming, like Commodore 64, Amiga, or Apple II kind of stuff... but I just don't want to deal with all the overhead of disks and tapes and loading programs from the command line. I think I'd like to build a dedicated Emulation Station box for those, and hook it up to an old Commodore CRT, if I can find one of those. Hook up some oldschool joysticks, and call it good.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Dec 9, 2016 at 01:53 AM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2016, 01:48 PM   #110
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I've got:

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube
Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Saturn
Sony PS1, PS2, PS3
GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite

Actually have all of them hooked up to the plasma TV in the basement right now. All except the PS1 which I have just put up for sale. Just don't need it since the PS2 and PS3 are both backwards compatible.

No current plans to buy anymore consoles. The Gamecube was the only other one I wanted that I was missing, and I've got one now. Although if I ever come across a TurboGrafx 16 for cheap I'd love to have it.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Dec 7, 2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 06:25 PM   #111
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I've got:

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube
Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Saturn
Sony PS1, PS2, PS3
GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite

Actually have all of them hooked up to the plasma TV in the basement right now. All except the PS1 which I have just put up for sale. Just don't need it since the PS2 and PS3 are both backwards compatible.

No current plans to buy anymore consoles. The Gamecube was the only other one I wanted that I was missing, and I've got one now. Although if I ever come across a TurboGrafx 16 for cheap I'd love to have it.
Woo nice

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2016, 07:17 AM   #112
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Also, make sure your cartridges are as clean as they can be!

ok, ok...... relax, these are soap bars.....

Old Dec 9, 2016, 01:42 PM   #113
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Who the hell thought of the idea to make Nintendo game shaped soap bars??
Old Dec 30, 2016, 04:06 PM   #114
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Latest pick up:

This was an OfferUp pickup in my town. VERY lucky to have seen this lot just as it popped up. I think this guy was just trying to fire sale his stuff, because I got these for a really good deal. Probably over $500 in current market value here. I paid $300.

I think the only ones I will keep is Demon's Crest since I don't think I'll come across it again for a while, and Mega Man 3. The rest is up for sale.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 04:13 PM   #115
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I don't consider myself a collector.

This is because although I have owned just about every console (and a ton of games) at one point or another I get rid of it.

Just this last month I ditched my Wii, Wii U, launch PS3 fat (with hardware BC), and all my PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and PS3 games.

I also sold my OG Xbox One and PS4 and got Xbox One S and PS4 Pro as replacements.

No sense in keeping **** around that I barely touch.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:51 PM   #116
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post

No sense in keeping **** around that I barely touch.
Very true. Better to sell it off to people like me who will actually enjoy it.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 04:49 PM   #117
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Latest pick up:
Wow, that's a hell of a find. I have Mega Man 3 and Super Metroid still from when I was a kid, but want literally everything else in that lot. Nice!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 08:37 AM   #118
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I did a lot of debating on what I wanted to keep out of that lot (of what I didn't already have), and what was going up for sale. Ended up sticking to my original plan of keeping Demon's Crest and MM3. The rest will be sold by end of this week, some on NintendoAge but most on Ebay. Demon's Crest is a pretty nice game but I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would. I may use that as trade bait for a couple other games I've been wanting, Turtles in Time and Contra 3.

On the hunt now for my next score.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:50 AM   #119
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

So I've been working on designing some printable edge labels for my n64 games. This represents about 2/3 of my n64 collection. I'm pretty happy with most of these labels, but there's a few I intend to redesign and reprint.

I've also been designing a few front labels, for cartridges that had really poor condition labels, or that I just didn't like the original labels.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Jan 5, 2017 at 02:09 AM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2017, 04:33 AM   #120
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have PS3, PS4 and XBONER. I don't see myself collecting anything else. I even don't collect games because it is ****ing useless exercise. I hate digital for the reason that I don't recoup anything after finishing the game.

Nostalgia hasn't played worth a dime for me. I have yet to replay a single game in the past 8-10 years. Possibly only game I almost finished on two platforms that I remember is GTA V and only because on X360 it was a pain and I stopped at about 10 missions before finish. On PC I had to replay the whole thing which was painful but still finished it.

Everything else that I have double dipped, bought a remaster or any re-release of any sort, I have not finished. Every nostalgia related game, I have not been able to get back into again.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote