Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 3, 2016, 04:41 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I've just been finding random deals on Nintendo games, including NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube. Super Street Fighter II SNES, Blast Corps N64 (finally!), and Little Nemo NES are on the way.

Need to slow down a bit.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 09:28 PM   #62
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have a SNES cartridge Final Fantasy 3. My favorite game growing up but I will give it away if anyone wants it for a collection. Just send me a message and let me know.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2016, 09:41 PM   #63
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I hate DLCs with a passion and will only buy games that I are "complete enough" to buy. So yeah... I am an old game (2+ year old game) collector.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 4, 2016, 03:25 AM   #64
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Price Charting is a nice concise way of seeing current Ebay pricing. Although I don't believe it shows data for imports. For that you'll have to just refer to Ebay sold listings.
thx will check that out. It's always more or less "hard" to let go stuff that you've collected over a long period of time, but well, to be honest, they're just sitting here collecting dust. (the same goes go the ps1 itself, the cd32, the sega master .... and dozens of controllers and memory Cards, heck i even have a bunch of those wrap-up stickers for the ps1 )

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2016, 08:41 AM   #65
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
thx will check that out. It's always more or less "hard" to let go stuff that you've collected over a long period of time, but well, to be honest, they're just sitting here collecting dust. (the same goes go the ps1 itself, the cd32, the sega master .... and dozens of controllers and memory Cards, heck i even have a bunch of those wrap-up stickers for the ps1 )
Be sure to post up what you have here, I'm sure we could help out.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:31 AM   #66
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
I have a SNES cartridge Final Fantasy 3. My favorite game growing up but I will give it away if anyone wants it for a collection. Just send me a message and let me know.
Hey dmanna, I sent you a PM. I am also located in MA so I think we can easily work something out.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:33 AM   #67
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Decent new pick up from last night.

Couple weeks back I made a FB post to my friends/family asking if anyone had any old video game stuff they'd like to find a new home for. I got a few little things here and there since, but yesterday got a call from an old friend looking to get rid of the last of his 16-bit generation stuff. He had sold or traded away most of his collection over the years, and this was what he had left and he let it go to me for a decent price. Says he might even still have the original boxes for the consoles in his attic as well and he's checking for me tonight.

Unfortunately he hasn't been able to locate any of the controllers, and he's missing the hookup cables for the Genesis stuff. I will most likely sell off the consoles, but I never had a 32x so I'm looking forward to playing with that for a bit before I decide what to do with it.

Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:35 AM   #68
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I've been looking for a 32x at a decent price for awhile now, and still haven't found it. I'm on the fence about the cd though, as I think the only game I'd actually play is Sonic CD, and there's better versions available on other platforms nowadays.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:55 AM   #69
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I've been looking for a 32x at a decent price for awhile now, and still haven't found it. I'm on the fence about the cd though, as I think the only game I'd actually play is Sonic CD, and there's better versions available on other platforms nowadays.
I've got Sonic CD, its IMO the best Sonic game you can play. What other platforms is it on now? Xbox Live Arcade or something?

The Sega CD has a bigger library of games than you might think, but in my experience the better titles that are worth my time are just too damn expensive. If I'm going to spend that kind of money think I'd rather focus on the Saturn. But I would LOVE to get my hands on a copy of Snatcher, or Robo Aleste but that ain't happening. There's also a few good Working Designs RPGs but again, really too expensive. Most of the affordable games are the crappy FMV titles.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 04:18 PM   #70
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I've got Sonic CD, its IMO the best Sonic game you can play. What other platforms is it on now? Xbox Live Arcade or something?
The Christian Whitehead ports are amazing. They even support widescreen, which imo dramatically improves the overall experience, as it gives you just a little more time to react while moving fast. Those are available on Android, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, iOS, & Windows Phone.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:54 AM   #71
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Do you guys use any online sites for your collection? I tried out VGCollect recently. Seems OK so far...

My meager collection:
http://vgcollect.com/overclockn
Old Nov 5, 2016, 03:25 AM   #72
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Well the PS1 also had a massive games library compared to the N64-- 2413 to 388. So its much more likely for the PS1 library to have more rare games.

On the other hand, the N64 console did not sell well relative to the Playstation, or Nintendo's previous systems. I think there are several factors as to why the N64 is not that popular. But the main one for me is the nostalgia factor is just not there for most collectors (yet) like it is for the NES/SNES. Also, I think its where Nintendo started going off on their weird WTF? direction with their decision making.
The Nintendo 64 actually did sell well...in the North American region and eventually in Japan when the Pokemon Stadium and related games started coming out.

However the Nintendo 64 generation was shorter due to the fact that Sega gave into pressure and made the Dreamcast which is why Sega is dead as hardware maker is concerned...that and then Sega of America's mishandling of the Saturn and pushing the 32X.

That whole generation suffered due to mainly Western hype that heavily promoted 3d graphics and made it seem like gamers should not be buying 2d games which is ironic because in Japan that mentality failed or just couldn't get anywhere as 3d graphics specially for most PlayStation 1 games that weren't above a certain quantity were just played out and burned out.

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately some Saturn games are incredibly rare and thus expensive. You can get import versions of certain games for cheaper though. But yes, a lot of them are kind of crap games. It was early on in the 3d polygon type revolution and a lot of the games were pretty rough. It did have some great RPGs from Working Design though and the shmups are amazing. Its truly the go to platform if you love that genre, which I do.

I really love the Saturn. Its so polished and well designed, it feels like a true big boy gaming machine. Sadly it could not compete with the N64 and Playstation at the time, and so many great titles for it never made it out of Japan. Luckily the Action Replay card exists and allows you to bypass the region check and play imports. So many great games to be had from Japan.

I decided today to buy a copy of Thunder Force Gold Pack 1 which has both Thunder Force II and III, and I will sell off my Genesis Thunder Force III to recoup the cost. They are about the same value, and the Saturn versions are straight ports of the Genesis/MD versions and I get two games for one. No brainer.
It wasn't that Sega Saturn couldn't "compete" it was that the Sega of America branch was running the company to the ground by pushing for the 32X when they failed to suggest that the Saturn hardware should still be based on a 68000 variant early on and no one within Sega of America could help themselves to stop knowing that Sony PlayStation was announced in late 1993.

Even after the early U.S. Saturn launch in 95 the behavior and action at Sega of America was that of not really contributing by mishandling the damaged retailer relations.

Then they hired a guy Sony fired who was blocking many 2d games on PlayStation launch which angered many third parties as their games weren't localized hence limited to Japan and prevented from additional profits.

That guy tried and basically got away with killingthe Sega Saturn deliberately and intentionally not to mention that a few magazines took an Anti-Saturn Pro-PlayStation stance.

Hence a gamer owning both PlayStation and Saturn would end up importing Saturn games over even considering bothering with import PlayStation games.

Then there's games that were destroyed due to consumer negligence or ineptitude in handling CD-ROMs or storage and then you have Europeans and Russian regions...including China...who either barely got much games localized or never got games officially localized and prices are insane...

EBay is just the worst place...Honestly you should just get isos...don't pay those ridiculous prices...collect the isos because eventually there will be an SD Card that will allow playing the entire Saturn games library.

On PlayStation it isn't needed because such games are on PSN....and Nintendo has the Virtual Console however Nintendo nerds are ridiculously nostalgic.

Sadly still is that many of the companies that made great 2d and 3d games have closed down since the Xbox live and first person shooters in military bro online multiplayer have taken over...more irritating is that same gamers are turning to those older consoles because of fatigue from the super ultra current gen.

"Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxcT6LEVzk Disney Star Wars SUCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2016, 08:08 AM   #73
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Do you guys use any online sites for your collection? I tried out VGCollect recently. Seems OK so far...

My meager collection:
http://vgcollect.com/overclockn

My stuff, so far: http://vgcollect.com/silentrunner (just a good bunch of the psone games, of course)

Gave away all the other games that weren't in good condition.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Nov 6, 2016, 08:58 AM   #74
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I'm waiting for the app Pat Contri (the NES punk) keeps talking about that's coming soon. It will be real handy to quickly reference on my phone what I need and what I have already while out in the wild.

Also, another pickup last night. The buddy I recently got the Sega and SNES consoles from actually found all the original boxes! I'll post up a pic later.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:47 AM   #75
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Not sure what I'm going to do with these yet. I think I'll definitely sell the Sega CD one as I have two Sega CDs now. I can get a good chunk of money for a Sega CD complete in box. The other boxes I might just keep to go with the consoles.

Old Nov 6, 2016, 04:58 PM   #76
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Wow, they're in perfect condition. That's awesome.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 05:29 PM   #77
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Wow, they're in perfect condition. That's awesome.
Yeah they are good condition. Haven't been touched since the day they were opened. All the foam and cardboard packing inserts along with the manuals and accessories are in them too. They were just a little dusty from sitting in an attic for 25 years, and the back of the SNES box has a dent in it. Other than that, great!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 03:52 AM   #78
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

found 2 N64 cartridges under some other crap (Mario 64 and SouthPark). Not sure what to do with em, i don't have a N64 (anymore)

Old Nov 7, 2016, 06:36 AM   #79
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
found 2 N64 cartridges under some other crap (Mario 64 and SouthPark). Not sure what to do with em, i don't have a N64 (anymore)
If you don't have an N64 anymore and don't plan on getting one I'd just sell them.

You can get $20- $25 for the Mario, but the South Park maybe only like $10. Still, it's money to go towards something you'll actually use.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 08:46 AM   #80
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

was actually surprised by how much some of these old (psx)games are still/now worth.

Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:39 AM   #81
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Damn your german pokins. I would have partook of them.

Also MOW your Sega CD's make me wet. I remember back in ought early 00's my sister rescued a Sega CD and a bunch of games from a trash bin freshly laid out that day. She scarfed it up and brought it to show me. I was like OMG **** yes this is a gold mine. There was some intermittent issue or something that I could easlily have fixed and we left it at that. Turns out shes like yolo this **** dont work and she tossed it a couple days later.

A sad angry panda was I

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:26 AM   #82
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post

Also MOW your Sega CD's make me wet. I remember back in ought early 00's my sister rescued a Sega CD and a bunch of games from a trash bin freshly laid out that day. She scarfed it up and brought it to show me. I was like OMG **** yes this is a gold mine. There was some intermittent issue or something that I could easlily have fixed and we left it at that. Turns out shes like yolo this **** dont work and she tossed it a couple days later.

A sad angry panda was I
Awe man, it might only have been the laser lens needing to be replaced/adjusted. On the model 2 Sega CD its supposedly fairly easy to do and most repair shops can do it, or you can do it yourself if you have the guts. Its a much easier system to work on than the model 1 Sega CD.

I will be selling off one of my Sega CDs. Just waiting for a power adapter to show up in the mail that I just ordered, since I only have one from my other and don't want to sell it without a power adapter. I think I can fetch a nice price selling with the box and everything it came with complete!
Old Nov 9, 2016, 02:59 PM   #83
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

dmanna, my new favorite Rage3d member, was kind enough to donate his FF3 game to my collection. Great condition too! Thanks again buddy it will be well cared for!

Old Nov 9, 2016, 04:55 PM   #84
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
dmanna, my new favorite Rage3d member, was kind enough to donate his FF3 game to my collection. Great condition too! Thanks again buddy it will be well cared for!

Np man enjoy and good luck with your collecting.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2016, 09:50 AM   #85
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
A sad angry panda was I
Well, np, princess, you can have 'em, just drive over here and grab em, i mean the cartridges, not what you thought of..... sicko..

Old Nov 10, 2016, 01:07 PM   #86
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

So I haven't been collecting classic RPGs at all. To me, most of my retro games are mostly for bite-size gaming sessions, and I would never find time to play through FF3. I almost feel guilty for not including them in my collection, as they do seem like a massive hole in the collection, but I really just don't have use for them.

I still have a few PS1 rpgs, but I don't think I'll ever acquire any more.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Nov 10, 2016, 02:45 PM   #87
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
So I haven't been collecting classic RPGs at all. To me, most of my retro games are mostly for bite-size gaming sessions, and I would never find time to play through FF3. I almost feel guilty for not including them in my collection, as they do seem like a massive hole in the collection, but I really just don't have use for them.

I still have a few PS1 rpgs, but I don't think I'll ever acquire any more.
I understand where you're coming from. One of the bigger reasons I've been getting back into retro gaming lately is because I can sit down and play a game for 20-30 minutes and either 1) beat it, or 2) get my fill of it for that play session. As compared to modern games it sometimes take a full hour just to get settled into them and these days when my free time comes at a premium that can be hard to manage.

That said, there are certain classic RPGs that hold a special sentimental value to me, and the SNES Final Fantasy games are definitely in that category. I had FF3 years ago but I actually sold it about 10 years ago because I needed money for bills. Really regretted that, and soooo happy to have another copy of it again. I wont be selling this one.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 02:21 PM   #88
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I sold my Sega CD complete in box today for $255. Honestly I didn't think it would break $200, so I underestimated.

Very happy with how it turned out. Next up will be the SNES, then Genesis and 32x CIB.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:24 PM   #89
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Lost several attempts at getting Excitebike for NES really cheap, but still trying. Added a few things to the collection recently:

Extreme G N64
Top Gear Overdrive N64
Ninja Turtles NES
Zelda Skyward Sword Wii (donation from friend)

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Console
- complete (all packaging)
- new condition
- all accessories

Wii U Pro Controller (with Zelda cover)
Mario Kart 8
Zelda Windwaker HD
Super Mario 3D World

Quote:
I sold my Sega CD complete in box today for $255. Honestly I didn't think it would break $200, so I underestimated.

Very happy with how it turned out. Next up will be the SNES, then Genesis and 32x CIB.
Not bad!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 06:28 PM   #90
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah sadly all those earnings are going towards medical bills. Rather turn them into new retro game purchases but real life takes priority.

Few pickups this week, since I've been more focused on selling lately.

NES: Lunar Pool & Ice Hockey
Sega CD: Double Switch (reacquired), Sonic CD (manual)
Genesis: Altered Beast (cart only to go with box & manual I had), AV and power cables to go with the console I got recently.
Saturn: Just some random cheap sports titles with good, non-cracked cases to cannibalize.