Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:09 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Sounds like so far, so good?

My sister-in-law just bought a Note 2. I was trying to convince her to get the One, but she made a sound argument I had no come-back for

She's a doctor and needs the stylus Plus 2 little kids, so they play the phone a lot.

Any durable cases for the One? My brother's GS3 broke (he cracked the screen) and he might look at a replacement.

The pictures are very, very good. I didn't have time to upload them last night as I had to go through 541 pictures. (Zoe takes ALOT of pictures per shot).

The Zoe feature is nice, but it's a battery hog. And doesn't work entirely well on action shots. (tend to get blurry).

Stills, and low light is superb. Miles ahead of the Note 2. I would say the Note 2s HDR feature was better as the Ones is a bit too bright. But the normal trumps anything the Note 2 could do.

And low light is 100x better than the note 2. Anything in dim situations would be grainy, whether uder low-light, night, or normal mode. Where as Night, and even normal on the One provides a good color balance, light, and grain-free.

Yes theres already a ton of cases out for the phone. I myself have the Otterbox Commuter Hybrid coming in today.

Do not purchase this phone without a case. As the aluminum does seem like it can scratch easily from reports. And it's very, very slippery. While the design looks stellar, and feels outrageously high quality. You can't help but think it's just a bad idea.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Apr 23, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:15 AM   #32
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
The pictures are very, very good. I didn't have time to upload them last night as I had to go through 541 pictures. (Zoe takes ALOT of pictures per shot).

The Zoe feature is nice, but it's a battery hog. And doesn't work entirely well on action shots. (tend to get blurry).

Stills, and low light is superb. Miles ahead of the Note 2. I would say the Note 2s HDR feature was better as the Ones is a bit too bright. But the normal trumps anything the Note 2 could do.

And low light is 100x better than the note 2. Anything in dim situations would be grainy, weather under low-light, night, or normal mode. Where as Night, and even normal on the One provides a good color balance, light, and grain-free.

Yes theres already a ton of cases out for the phone. I myself have the Otterbox Commuter Hybrid coming in today.

Do not purchase this phone without a case. As the aluminum does seem like it can scratch easily from reports. And it's very, very slippery. While the design looks stellar, and feels outrageously high quality. You can't help but think it's just a bad idea.
I noticed this on my girlfriend's iPhone 4S. The aluminum is scratched to hell... While my "cheap" plastic GS3 still looks mint.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:22 AM   #33
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I noticed this on my girlfriend's iPhone 4S. The aluminum is scratched to hell... While my "cheap" plastic GS3 still looks mint.
Interesting, while I'm not sticking up for the One. But all the plastic phones I've had scratch easy as well. Usually more so like rub marks. But the difference is unlike aluminum the scratch isn't a different color. Which helps. My complaint would be more directed at just how slippery the aluminum is. It really needs a grain finish.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:28 AM   #34
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My iPhone 4S still looks great and I rocked it naked.

Can you turn Zoe off. sounds like a cool feature, but my research concludes that it's a battery hog and memory space waster. I would hate to have to cover up all that luscious aluminum.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:33 AM   #35
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post

Can you turn Zoe off. sounds like a cool feature, but my research concludes that it's a battery hog and memory space waster. I would hate to have to cover up all that luscious aluminum.
Yes it can be turned on and off.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:39 AM   #36
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Might be stuff stuck between her case and phone. Either way, my GS3 has always been cased like here 4S and mine looks damn near perfect.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:07 AM   #37
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Yes it can be turned on and off.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Cool.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:58 AM   #38
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

While I plan on grabbing an S4 I still want to get a hands on experience with the One. Going to have to stop by an AT&T or Sprint store to check it out. Then again it will be a moot point if VZ doesn't pick up the phone.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:04 AM   #39
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oh, oh.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...injunction-htc

Quote:
Finnish phone maker Nokia has won a court injunction banning HTC from using microphone parts made by STMicroelectronics in its flagship HTC One phones, in a move that will deepen the problems at the struggling Taiwanese handset company.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 02:02 PM   #40
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:

Seems like the issue was with STM, not with HTC. HTC contacts STM for a designed Microphone, STM says heres this design. When that design was a nokia exclusive. Hence why STM is paying the bill, not HTC.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:43 PM   #41
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Got my S4 today for Sprint. ONE > S4 imo.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:52 PM   #42
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Got my S4 today for Sprint. ONE > S4 imo.
Yeah, I was at BB today and checked out the S4 on display.

I'm honestly not trying to be biased. But after having the one, and the feel of something so strong so to say. I dont think I could ever own another plastic phone. And god forbid if phones don't start using frontal speakers I may never buy another phone again.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:41 AM   #43
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yeah, I was at BB today and checked out the S4 on display.

I'm honestly not trying to be biased. But after having the one, and the feel of something so strong so to say. I dont think I could ever own another plastic phone. And god forbid if phones don't start using frontal speakers I may never buy another phone again.
I don't mind the plastic. I am surprised that they are pretty much the same size yet samsung packed a 5incher. I just like the look of the one better. Although HTC seriously needs to stop shitting on their phones with stupid decision making. The butterfly had the SD slot yet the HTC one doesn't. I can live without a removable battery but the sd slot thing pisses me off. If I were to use either phone's international version I would go for the S4 over the ONE. But the phones US counterpart really just comes down to SD Slot vs build material and design. Ultimately I will daily drive the ONE since I think less people will be running around with one and it is a very good looking phone, waiting on my black one to arrive as well, then I will pick a color and sell of the other.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:57 AM   #44
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/26/h...na-back-cover/

The HTC One for China looks to have a removable back cover with two sim card slots and micro SD. No removable battery though.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 02:52 AM   #45
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I don't mind the plastic. I am surprised that they are pretty much the same size yet samsung packed a 5incher. I just like the look of the one better. Although HTC seriously needs to stop shitting on their phones with stupid decision making. The butterfly had the SD slot yet the HTC one doesn't. I can live without a removable battery but the sd slot thing pisses me off. If I were to use either phone's international version I would go for the S4 over the ONE. But the phones US counterpart really just comes down to SD Slot vs build material and design. Ultimately I will daily drive the ONE since I think less people will be running around with one and it is a very good looking phone, waiting on my black one to arrive as well, then I will pick a color and sell of the other.
I agree for the most part.

But frontal speakers trumps all. .

It really is one of those things where you go "wtf where has this been for the past 10 years".
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:10 AM   #46
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I agree for the most part.

But frontal speakers trumps all. .

It really is one of those things where you go "wtf where has this been for the past 10 years".
Yeah I've never understood that one.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:32 AM   #47
greasyhands
Vega 64

greasyhands is still being judged by the masses

Totally agree with the speakers, I was cleaning the garage today and had Star Trek TNG going, and was amazed how clear and loud it was as I putzed around. Really clear sound from 50 feet away, could totally understand the dialog. Will have this One for at least 2 years on my contract renewal, glad I made this choice. 32 GB is plenty for me.
greasyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:10 AM   #48
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Played with the One at an AT&T store and it's swaying me from going back to windows phone. I hope Verizon gets it.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:48 AM   #49
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I'm gonna check out the One and the GS4 soon, make my decision then. I may be willing to give up SD if the One really is as great as it sounds. Selling my near mint GS3 should be able to cover a big chunk of either phone.