Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Default Just ordered the HTC One.

Will post thoughts compared to the Note II. Suppose to receive it on the 17th. Yay.

For those interested

Reasons for leaving the Note II

-1080P Screen
-Frontal Speakers
-Current Note II is HSPA+ (Intl ver.) So wanted LTE

Mainly the frontal speakers as I watch alot of streams, and videos during work. And it'd be nice to not have to crank the volume to where everyone hears it. Now the sound will be facing me.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:56 PM   #2
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just returned a Blackberry Z10 to AT&T (really liked the OS, but bugginess and lack of apps turned me away, for now). I checked out the HTC One at the AT&T store and it was really impressive.

Got a youtube video going, made sure HD was enabled, and cranked the speakers. The video quality was great and the sound was very clear and loud for a cell phone. That's a pretty awesome phone.

Did you happen to buy the unlocked one from the HTC website? My friend pre ordered that 64GB developer edition, so I'll get to mess with it a little when he gets it.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:41 PM   #3
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick View Post
I just returned a Blackberry Z10 to AT&T (really liked the OS, but bugginess and lack of apps turned me away, for now). I checked out the HTC One at the AT&T store and it was really impressive.

Got a youtube video going, made sure HD was enabled, and cranked the speakers. The video quality was great and the sound was very clear and loud for a cell phone. That's a pretty awesome phone.

Did you happen to buy the unlocked one from the HTC website? My friend pre ordered that 64GB developer edition, so I'll get to mess with it a little when he gets it.
No I got the ATT version.

I bought the Note II out right for $720. This one was on contract so figured sell the note 2 for $450 easily. Pocket $250 and call it a day.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:44 PM   #4
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
No I got the ATT version.

I bought the Note II out right for $720. This one was on contract so figured sell the note 2 for $450 easily. Pocket $250 and call it a day.
The only thing I hate about AT&T branded phones is that crap software they put on the phones. For some odd reason, I wasn't able to delete it off the Z10, had to put it in a folder labeled "Sh*t".
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:18 PM   #5
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
The only thing I hate about AT&T branded phones is that crap software they put on the phones. For some odd reason, I wasn't able to delete it off the Z10, had to put it in a folder labeled "Sh*t".
Meh, thats what roms are for
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 08:44 AM   #6
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Out for delivery yay.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:03 AM   #7
slick
Radeon Evergreen

Well damn, I guess AT&T doesn't give a crap about release dates unless its an iPhone.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:31 PM   #8
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

The phone is incredibly fast. Much more "instant" than even the Note II. Which I didn't think there would be a difference. The screen is absolutly gorgeous. And I really like the Windows phone esque front page where you can set up headlines, and etc. It's very convient for all your popular feeds. So far loving the phone.

Battery seems to possibly be weak. But who knows with the default charge.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:36 PM   #9
slick
Radeon Evergreen

My friend is so jealous that all these AT&T customers are getting theirs already.

How is the build quality? I read that some people were experiencing gaps in the "zero gap" construction of the case.

And what about the camera, is it good or just a bunch of marketing hype?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:49 PM   #10
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
My friend is so jealous that all these AT&T customers are getting theirs already.

How is the build quality? I read that some people were experiencing gaps in the "zero gap" construction of the case.

And what about the camera, is it good or just a bunch of marketing hype?
Haven't used the camera yet. The quality is extremely good. The note 2 holds nothing to it in comparison. Mine has no gaps at all. Looks like 1 solid unit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:11 PM   #11
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Now your phone will finally fit in your trunk. Nice.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:16 PM   #12
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Now your phone will finally fit in your trunk. Nice.

Wanted to add. Unless I am missing something the sound output is much less than that of the Note 2. It sounds better, even more so when the Beats Audio is enabled. :Shiver can't beleive I just said that:.

But the clearity and quality is better. Just mildly dissapointing that it's 2 decent size speaekers up front and named "boom sound". I did expect it to be louder than the Note 2.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:25 PM   #13
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

Congrats. These should be the loudest speakers on a phone so something could be wrong here. Did you make sure that both are actually working? Maybe one is faulty.
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:28 PM   #14
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP911 View Post
Congrats. These should be the loudest speakers on a phone so something could be wrong here. Did you make sure that both are actually working? Maybe one is faulty.
Both work but to give credit the note 2 speaker is almost too loud it's.so loud. I'll sift through settings tonight.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:30 PM   #15
slick
Radeon Evergreen

For videos and games, both speakers should work, but during a phone call, if you place it on speakerphone, only one speaker works. ZaP911 might be right, maybe one is faulty.

Although I haven't tested the Note II's speaker volume, the demo HTC One at the AT&T store was plenty loud when playing a youtube video.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:35 PM   #16
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Both work but to give credit the note 2 speaker is almost too loud it's.so loud. I'll sift through settings tonight.
As long as they're loud enough for you, it's all good. Anyway you don't want them too loud, some guy on XDA blew up his speakers.
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:39 PM   #17
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
For videos and games, both speakers should work, but during a phone call, if you place it on speakerphone, only one speaker works. ZaP911 might be right, maybe one is faulty.

Although I haven't tested the Note II's speaker volume, the demo HTC One at the AT&T store was plenty loud when playing a youtube video.
But in noisy areas like outside, it does seem to get drowned out however.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:47 PM   #18
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There is a app called speaker boost that I use on one of my tablets. It lets you set just how much boost you need so there is no chance of busting your speakers. I was having a hard time hearing videos through the speakers the volume seemed to low. This app worked like a charm I have used it for a long time. Very easy to customize.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 09:30 AM   #19
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
But in noisy areas like outside, it does seem to get drowned out however.
Pretty much every phone I have seen gets drowned out in some settings outdoors. I wouldn't worry too much, unless you are trying to have a party around your phone.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:04 AM   #20
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Give me real world photos of its camera please.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:16 PM   #21
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Sure, I'm no photographer. But once it's nice out (wont be for a few days). I'll snap some for you. What would you like? And what settings?
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:21 PM   #22
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Until CP gets back to you, check out the pre and post software update shots.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/revie...tested-updated

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Apr 18, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:28 PM   #23
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Curious as to what you mean?
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:30 PM   #24
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

People were talking about the poor quality of the One's camera before it was released. A software update (which should have shipped with your phone) seems to have improved the quality a lot.

Edit: lol I just noticed I forgot the link

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:33 PM   #25
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Sure, I'm no photographer. But once it's nice out (wont be for a few days). I'll snap some for you. What would you like? And what settings?
Whatever. Low light indoors, good light indoors, sunny days, cloudy days, nighttime, flowers, street photos. I good range to test all lighting scenarios. Leave them straight from the camera and no filters if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/revie...tested-updated
Cool, I'll give a look see.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 09:07 AM   #26
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I honestly think they should have stuck with the same tech they are trying to implement but with an 8MP sensor.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 09:45 AM   #27
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My sprint one is out for delivery as well

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:06 AM   #28
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I honestly think they should have stuck with the same tech they are trying to implement but with an 8MP sensor.
Probably what we'll see out of the second gen.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 08:35 AM   #29
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Took alot of pictures. At a wedding, and the zoo. Lots of bright, and low lit scenes. Will post them tonight.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Apr 23, 2013, 08:55 AM   #30
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Took alot of pictures. At a wedding, and the zoo. Lots of bright, and low lit scenes. Will post them tonight.
Sounds like so far, so good?

My sister-in-law just bought a Note 2. I was trying to convince her to get the One, but she made a sound argument I had no come-back for

She's a doctor and needs the stylus Plus 2 little kids, so they play the phone a lot.

Any durable cases for the One? My brother's GS3 broke (he cracked the screen) and he might look at a replacement.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote