Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:23 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like they got it on Verizon.

http://allthingsd.com/20130313/exclu.../?mod=atdtweet

Quote:
However, Verizon will also carry the high-end Android device according to a source familiar with the situation. Its launch at Verizon, though, will trail the other U.S. carriers by a month or two as it winds its way through the testing process.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:02 AM   #62
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like it's delayed to mid-April.

Also, http://gizmodo.com/5991280/the-htc-o...p-tier-company

Last edited by Razeus : Mar 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:55 AM   #63
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i dont' think there are any problems with plastic beside the logo isn't fruit type too
The biggest problem I have with my S3 is the damn S-Voice trying to replace Google Now in the stock OS. Also, the community ROMS aren't nearly as bug free as I had thought they would be based on my HP Touchpad experience. Also, the multiple versions seem to have had really split the community effort. I Switched to LiquidSmooth recently, it has been alright but still has a couple qwerks. It seems like by the time all the bugs get worked out of these ROMs, it will be time to get a new phone . Hopefully the 2015 Nexus phone will be a good one.

I sometimes wonder if the grass is greener over in the HTC One S camp (my only other option at the time).

Last edited by aviphysics : Mar 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 20, 2013, 02:31 AM   #64
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

The One has been getting a lot of raving reviews and coverage. If it doesn't sell well, HTC won't probably get another chance.
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:00 AM   #65
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

What the difference between this and the Droid DNA?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:23 AM   #66
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

Compared to the DNA, the One has:

- Better speakers (stereo)
- Better battery
- More internal storage
- Better CPU
- IR Port
- All-aluminum body
- Sense 5 out of the box
- Better camera, might wanna check reviews for that though, but it's definitely better in low light.

The phone is also smaller which means it's easier to hold and has more PPI.
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:43 PM   #67
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP911 View Post
Compared to the DNA, the One has:

- Better speakers (stereo)
- Better battery
- More internal storage
- Better CPU
- IR Port
- All-aluminum body
- Sense 5 out of the box
- Better camera, might wanna check reviews for that though, but it's definitely better in low light.

The phone is also smaller which means it's easier to hold and has more PPI.
Totally relative. The dna is fairly easy to hold already, due to the curved back and form factor being longer.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 09:20 PM   #68
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Totally relative. The dna is fairly easy to hold already, due to the curved back and form factor being longer.
One of my colleagues has the DNA. Beautiful device and definitely easy to hold and use.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 06:00 AM   #69
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Once it gets sense 5 i think the only problem the DNA has is the weak battery. The 5" is quite nice to have

But i personally think the one looks much better.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:18 PM   #70
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well it does look like the One is coming to Verizon. Replacing the DNA
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 06:40 PM   #71
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Once it gets sense 5 i think the only problem the DNA has is the weak battery. The 5" is quite nice to have

But i personally think the one looks much better.
I have to see the One in the flesh, so to speak. But I have to say, the DNA looks stunning in person
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:46 PM   #72
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Anandtech has a mini-review up, by Anand himself.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6851/t...ds-mini-review

What is interesting is that Anand has been more pro-Apple over the past several years in his reviews of their devices, but seems to be genuinely impressed with the One.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:17 PM   #73
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Ugh the more I see this phone the more I want to buy it.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:19 PM   #74
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Ugh the more I see this phone the more I want to buy it.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:12 AM   #75
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 05:08 AM   #76
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My contract expires next year in april.
I currently have the One X, which I like a lot.
I have ZERO need for a new phone...

...I'm still drooling over this one
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:56 AM   #77
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Anandtech has a mini-review up, by Anand himself.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6851/t...ds-mini-review

What is interesting is that Anand has been more pro-Apple over the past several years in his reviews of their devices, but seems to be genuinely impressed with the One.
If I would go Android, this would be the phone.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:11 AM   #78
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
My contract expires next year in april.
I currently have the One X, which I like a lot.
I have ZERO need for a new phone...

...I'm still drooling over this one
you're going to miss out on like 100 new super ultra powerful uber phones that will probably get released between now and the end of your contract. That means its time for you to get a new phone now....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:24 AM   #79
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'll quote you on that early next year, it will as valid then as it is now

Seriously now, by the time my contract expires there will be the next big thing to drool on, so no big loss.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:37 PM   #80
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
If I would go Android
Yep.

[IMG]http://***********************/instances/400x/32830579.jpg[/IMG]
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:04 PM   #81
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

HTC got a life-long customer in me after my experience with my One X - looking forward to this one.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote